What's Your Favorite Horror Movie?

TNJet

Ju-on is the most unsettling horror movie I’ve ever seen. It’s the Japanese original of The Grudge, but it was so much freakier imo. 

The most unsettling American horror movie I’ve seen is The Strangers, with Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman. 

Campy good ones I like:

—Terrifier 1 and 2

—X

—House of 1,000 Corpses

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ju-on is the most unsettling horror movie I’ve ever seen. It’s the Japanese original of The Grudge, but it was so much freakier imo. 

The most unsettling American horror movie I’ve seen is The Strangers, with Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman. 

Campy good ones I like:

—Terrifier 1 and 2

—X

—House of 1,000 Corpses

I like those too although I've not seen either terrifiers yet. I love the Conjuring 1-3.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2023 at 2:58 PM, T0mShane said:

Campy good ones I like:

—Terrifier 1 and 2

—X

—House of 1,000 Corpses

Terrifier 2 was ******* awesome. Kinda wild that the best Rob Zombie flick ever made is a movie that he had absolutely nothing to do with, but you've gotta love his legacy.

• Post of the Week 1

On 1/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I realize that I am biased on this question but Evil Dead 2 is the only answer and that is a scientific fact. The judges have also determined that we may accept any John Carpenter movie as a substitute.

I love the Evil Dead part 1 the best....And oh yes Carpenter is awesome, I love "The Fog" and "The Thing"

On 1/8/2023 at 9:01 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Terrifier 2 was ******* awesome. Kinda wild that the best Rob Zombie flick ever made is a movie that he had absolutely nothing to do with, but you've gotta love his legacy.

I always thought HO1000C was his best film, but i have never seen Terrifier or 2....I did see "31" Pretty twisted Rob film.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TNJet said:

I love the Evil Dead part 1 the best....And oh yes Carpenter is awesome, I love "The Fog" and "The Thing"

There's a good case to be made for 1, but I've always thought that when you consider the fact that Raimi had the balls to just redo the first one because of not owning the rights to it, combined with how much better it is because of the budget, 2 should get the nod. But the original is super raw. That whole era of horror is just so good. I think the current era the genre is in is a throwback to a lot of that time which is why it's so great. IMO out of all genres right now in cinema horror is producing the best work.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There's a good case to be made for 1, but I've always thought that when you consider the fact that Raimi had the balls to just redo the first one because of not owning the rights to it, combined with how much better it is because of the budget, 2 should get the nod. But the original is super raw. That whole era of horror is just so good. I think the current era the genre is in is a throwback to a lot of that time which is why it's so great. IMO out of all genres right now in cinema horror is producing the best work.

Another reason I have a soft spot for part 1 is it is filmed in Johnson City TN, just 3 hrs from where I live. Those creepy woods look like home to me....strange but true.

• 5 weeks later...

Everyone knows the classics so here’s some of my newer favorites of the millennium 

1 Midsommar

2 every Jordan Peele movie 

3. The Witch

4. Drag Me to Hell

5. Evil Dead (remake…yes awesome and the originals are some of my faves growing up)

6. The Lighthouse 

7. XX (part 1 and 2)

8. It Follows

9. They Wait in the Dark

10. Cabin in the Woods

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say I have any particular favorite, but I'll go with Day of the Dead 1978. 

One recent movie that sticks with me is Impetigore.  It's Indonesian, so if subtitles or dubbing isn't your thing, avoid.  Two more to list since I didn't see them above, The Dark and the Wicked and Anything for Jackson. 

For a laugh, Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil.  Or Slither. 

On 1/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I realize that I am biased on this question but Evil Dead 2 is the only answer and that is a scientific fact. The judges have also determined that we may accept any John Carpenter movie as a substitute.

Anything with Ash except for Burn Notice is simply flush.