Jordan Love or Aaron Rodgers potential options?

Interesting how MLF publicly praised Jordan Love. What does that mean?

Couple things to consider 

-Rodgers does not have no trade clause 

-Packers would incur a $40MM cap hit if they trade Rodgers pre June 1 

-Packers can pickup Love’s fifth year option and control him through the 2024 season 

-The Packers will almost certainly move on from Rodgers after the 2023 season to void the last three years of his deal

We know that Saleh is very close to Matt LaFleur and the Packers have traded a legendary QB to the Jets before against his will. 

The ideal scenario for GB would probably be to start Rodgers in 2023 and then hand the keys to Love in 2024 playing on his fifth year option. However, I can certainly see Love asking for a trade if he’s not the starter next year. 

If that’s the case do the Packers trade Love, or do they move Rodgers?

Would the Jets trade a first for Love given how glowingly he is thought of amongst their offensive coaching staff? 

What would the Jets offer for Rodgers knowing that it’s likely a one and down situation similar to Favre?

Do they think watching Rodgers for a year will save Zach Wilson’s career?

• Haha 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I'm a bit confused. You basically say that the most likely time for GB to move on from Rodgers is after next year (unless he retires)

So . . . why are we talking about him for this offseason? We spend so much time on this board bull*sh*tting over pie in the sky scenarios that have almost no chance of happening. Lamar probably isn't coming here either, fellas. Nor is Brady, for that matter. 

Jordan Love is a more realistic target and I'd be interested, but I'm not giving up a first round pick. 

A couple of things 

-Packers could strike while the irons hot. If Rodgers play deteriorates and or he gets injured his trade value will diminish. Also teams will know Packers will eventually cut Rodgers if they don’t trade him so will be less inclined to offer a substantial package 

-If Love starts making noise about wanting to start they may not want to deal with the distraction. Also it gives them another year to evaluate Love. 

Just now, OverweightJetsFan said:

-Packers could strike while the irons hot. If Rodgers play deteriorates and or he gets injured his trade value will diminish. Also teams will know Packers will eventually cut Rodgers if they don’t trade him so will be less inclined to offer a substantial package 

Ok, but if Rodgers play deteriorates much further or he gets hurt at age 39, I don't think we want him. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, but if Rodgers play deteriorates much further or he gets hurt at age 39, I don't think we want him. 

I personally am not a fan of this move, but let’s be real. If he’s available the Jets are going to go hard after him

#1-Woody Johnson would cream his pants to get the headlines 

#2-Easy sell for Joe Douglas that Rodgers presence will be invaluable to Zach Wilson even though by all accounts Rodgers is a jerk

#3-Saleh best buds with Rodgers coach 

8 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

A couple of things 

-If Love starts making noise about wanting to start they may not want to deal with the distraction. Also it gives them another year to evaluate Love. 

With all due respect, what have you seen from anybody on this offensive coaching staff that would make you trust their judgement on any QB? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

Tony Romo said Mike LaFleur was one of the best young offensive minds in the NFL. 

Doesn’t answer my question. What have any of these dopes, MLF, Calabrrse etc. done/ shown you that they know anything about QB’’s?  The 13 td passes the team has thrown on 16 games? Zero TD’s in 2 games?

Jets could maybe do some interesting stuff with Love trades.

If the Packers make the playoffs and Jets lose a first round pick swap could potentially value Love around the second round without the Jets actually losing a selection.

Or a Love trade involving Wilson gives the Packers more team control around the developmental guy if they want to stick with Rodgers, gets the Jets a more ready player with experience in a similar scheme, gets Wilson a change of scenery, and lets Love play. Win-win-win-win? And I win too for negotiating out of some conflict at work?

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, derp said:

Jets could maybe do some interesting stuff with Love trades.

If the Packers make the playoffs and Jets lose a first round pick swap could potentially value Love around the second round without the Jets actually losing a selection.

Or a Love trade involving Wilson gives the Packers more team control around the developmental guy if they want to stick with Rodgers, gets the Jets a more ready player with experience in a similar scheme, gets Wilson a change of scenery, and lets Love play. Win-win-win-win? And I win too for negotiating out of some conflict at work?

hell I would give then 2nd and E Moore