The Cruelest Trick The Football Gods Played

They gave us 1997/98 Parcells and showed us what it had to be.  Woody was given some sort of instruction (probably from Bill P himself) that he needed a defensive-oriented HC to win.  Woody almost got lucky with Rex 12-14 years ago but other than that it's been zeros.  It would be one thing if we didn't know what worked (Parcells) but we do.  To see these inept s-bags keep coming in and banging their low IQ heads against the wall drives that extra stake in our collective hearts and makes the pain all the more palatable.  

God save this fan base.

• Upvote 3

The Parcells/Groh/Bellicheck guys want no part of a dumb ass owner sticking their nose in football ops. What Woody learned is not to hire guys like that so he can make sure when he wants Tebow, he can get Tebow, or when he wants to have his son call up the draft picks, he can. Those guys would never allow Woodys nonsense, so, Woody hires idiots who will allow it

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

The Parcells/Groh/Bellicheck guys want no part of a dumb ass owner sticking their nose in football ops. What Woody learned is not to hire guys like that so he can make sure when he wants Tebow, he can get Tebow, or when he wants to have his son call up the draft picks, he can. Those guys would never allow Woodys nonsense, so, Woody hires idiots who will allow it

Didn't know you were in the draft room this is great info.

• Upvote 3

Amazing improvement in year 2 of the Saleh era.  Have some patience guys.  Arrow is pointing up.

I can see the disease is going to ravage everyone all offseason.  Very sad.  But most of you are very sick so I get it.

I on the other hand cant wait to see what Joe D does this offseason and looking forward to even more growth in year 3 of this regime.

Arrow is pointing up fellas.  A new qb will be dradted this year.  Have some patience.  Its happening!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Amazing improvement in year 2 of the Saleh era.  Have some patience guys.  Arrow is pointing up.

I can see the disease is going to ravage everyone all offseason.  Very sad.  But most of you are very sick so I get it.

I on the other hand cant wait to see what Joe D does this offseason and looking forward to even more growth in year 3 of this regime.

Arrow is pointing up fellas.  A new qb will be signed/traded for this year.  Have some patience.  Its happening!!!!!!

Fixed.  Otherwise agree 100%.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Arrow is pointing up fellas.  A new qb will be dradted this year.  Have some patience.  Its happening!!!!!!

You are certifiably nuts if you think the Jets are trending upwards.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Insanity.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

6 hours ago, peebag said:

You are certifiably nuts if you think the Jets are trending upwards.

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Insanity.

What is he watching? Does he live in a fantasy world? Or does he take lsd before kickoff?

Saleh interviewed for the Detroit job before the jets interviewed him. Think about this for a second, the Lions said, thanks but no thanks after the interview. The Jets immediately fell in love with him and went Gaga over him.

He was out coached by 100 miles in the lions game by a scrub coach. And some people think he’s doing a good job. “But he apologized “ the last jets coach I remember asking for an apology was kotite after losing a game In Washington over a refs mistake. And he made a big deal about the apology :rl: 

11 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Actually, Woody has been saying out of it. The issue philosophically we need is that D focused head coaches are not the way of the NFL today, O minded HCs are.

1 hour ago, BP said:

What is he watching? Does he live in a fantasy world? Or does he take lsd before kickoff?

Defense is light years ahead of where it was last year.

Pro-bowl level talent at WR, CB(x2), RB, DT and G

Strong showing by our rookie RT who got injured then had a freak medical condition derail his season.

Need to focus on O-line and LB in the draft then bring in a vet QB to stabilize the offense.   But QB has always been the key and it's the one area the Jets continually f-up.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Defense is light years ahead of where it was last year.

Pro-bowl level talent at WR, CB(x2), RB, DT and G

Strong showing by our rookie RT who got injured then had a freak medical condition derail his season.

Need to focus on O-line and LB in the draft then bring in a vet QB to stabilize the offense.   But QB has always been the key and it's the one area the Jets continually f-up.

The talent level is light years, yes. The coaching and development? Not so sure if that didn’t regress in year two. Little to no adjustments from the d and o coaches after the league figured them out 6 weeks ago. We are talking about coaching here. And have you listened to Saleh and lafleur the last few weeks? They’re not even on the same page. How do you think the players perceive this when the coaches make no sense and take no accountability?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I don’t think they are drafting a QB. I believe they will bring in a veteran QB.

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The overall talent level on this team is definitely up.  But at the most important position on the field, we have a gigantic hole.  Let's hope that JD has enough sense to at least bring back UFA MFW.

5 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Actually, Woody has been saying out of it. The issue philosophically we need is that D focused head coaches are not the way of the NFL today, O minded HCs are.

I don't think it overly matters O or D minded HC. What matters is a HC who can be a great leader and hire great coordinators on both sides.

Our HC's tend to hire their buddies who tend not to be so great, and are not great leaders.

6 hours ago, BP said:

Saleh interviewed for the Detroit job before the jets interviewed him. Think about this for a second, the Lions said, thanks but no thanks after the interview. The Jets immediately fell in love with him and went Gaga over him.

He was out coached by 100 miles in the lions game by a scrub coach. And some people think he’s doing a good job. “But he apologized “ the last jets coach I remember asking for an apology was kotite after losing a game In Washington over a refs mistake. And he made a big deal about the apology :rl: 

Documented if you get in the interview room with Robert Wood Johnson IV and start babbling about "toughness", the job is yours. Rex Ryan, bragging how if you take out one of ours, we'll take out 2 of yours, Johnson loves that BS bravado. Gase, the cutting edge of offense, was Chris Johnsons' sole hire. 

• Haha 1