Is MetLife Stadium a possibility for the AFC Championship game between Kansas City and Buffalo?

I recently read that Indianapolis turned down the NFL's request to host the AFC Championship game if the neutral site is needed. Got me thinking, would MetLife make sense? Both teams (Chiefs and Bills) play outdoors and MetLife stadium isn't being used by Jets in the playoffs. As long as the Giants don't go to the NFC Championship game, seems like a possibility imho.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I see what you're saying, but it is New Jersey and MetLife has a lot of capacity. I'm sure KC fans would travel for the Conference Championship game.

Oh I get all the positives. For sure. But the whole 'neutral site' thing would not really exist. Met Life would be 95% full of rabid Bills fans (kind of like our own games against them!). To me, they shoulda flipped a coin to determine the outcome of that MNF game, then let the rest of the POs just playout like normal.

• Upvote 1

Other than for purposes of fans as others pointed out, also for the teams/players travel situation, you would think the neutral site would need to a relatively similar distance away from both locations.  MetLife definitely would not be that.

If shooting for something directly in between then you'd think that gives you either Indy, which would be why they already asked, or Cincy, which could be a tough sell considering there's a good chance that would be following the Bengals getting knocked out by one of those two teams.

Otherwise, you need to start heading south, probably looking at Carolina or Atlanta.  Any options further north or west would definitely favor one team over the other.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Other than for purposes of fans as others pointed out, also for the teams/players travel situation, you would think the neutral site would need to a relatively similar distance away from both locations.  MetLife definitely would not be that.

If shooting for something directly in between then you'd think that gives you either Indy, which would be why they already asked, or Cincy, which could be a tough sell considering there's a good chance that would be following the Bengals getting knocked out by one of those two teams.

Otherwise, you need to start heading south, probably looking at Carolina or Atlanta.  Any options further north or west would definitely favor one team over the other.

Exactly why I think Atlanta would be a good destination.....Buffalo would have a 100 mile further trip but it's as equidistant as you can get. Atlanta is a warmer climate, domed stadium, not in the playoffs, and they're already use to hosting neutral site bowl games...