Anyone else feeling “meh” about the game tomorrow

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Usually late afternoon Saturday I’m already getting hyped for a Jet 1 pm Sunday game. I’m texting folks, following streams, checking on here and local Jet beat reporter updates. 

But today I feel so “meh whatever” I mean a Jets win means the Patriots make the playoffs? ?A jets win means we are still under 500 either way? ?

Im also so pissed with the way this season ended and with Salehs seemingly “it’s all good” attitude, to be honest part of me doesn’t want him going out with a win, but rather a loss and ending on a 6 game losing steak bring so much more heat on the staff and almost force at least a minor shake up which I think is needed. We need to fix our failures aka maybe the offensive staff to succeed in 23 imho. 

Don’t get me wrong. Once the ball is kicked off I know myself. I will be rooting for the jets. I’m to competitive of a guy and jets fan. But doubt i will be getting off the couch much to cheer or feel to high or down either way it goes. This season really crushed me in so many ways. So tomorrow go Jets but ehhhh it’s another Sunday to me in many ways. 

Anyone else feel that gray empty feeling as well?

I'm about a dozen notches below "meh".

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, varjet said:

This team and this game has become completely strange.  It does not appear to represent a competitive reality.  

I am trying to stay a fan.  The punchline here is the higher draft pick and who keeps their job on Monday. 

Agreed that at this point black Monday and what they do seems much more interesting then 1pm today 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

This team and this game has become completely strange.  It does not appear to represent a competitive reality.  

I am trying to stay a fan.  The punchline here is the higher draft pick and who keeps their job on Monday. 

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Agreed that at this point black Monday and what they do seems much more interesting then 1pm today 

No question about it.  This season is over.  My rooting interests today are:

-We lose (to improve our draft position)

-Nobody gets hurt.

-JiFlacco throws for 2 TDs, passing ZW for the team lead in that category.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

I would be excited if Streveler was starting. Flacco and Wilson is the ultimate downer.  

After this game I want the following gone:

zach Wilson

Corey Davis

CJ Moseley

Lamarcus Joyner

Braeden Mann

Braxton Berrios

Ashtyn Davis

Joe Flacco

George Fant 

There's a good chance every one of those guys will be gone, though I guess we'll see how serious JD/Saleh are with "come hell or high water" about ZW.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Usually late afternoon Saturday I’m already getting hyped for a Jet 1 pm Sunday game. I’m texting folks, following streams, checking on here and local Jet beat reporter updates. 

But today I feel so “meh whatever” I mean a Jets win means the Patriots make the playoffs? ?A jets win means we are still under 500 either way? ?

Im also so pissed with the way this season ended and with Salehs seemingly “it’s all good” attitude, to be honest part of me doesn’t want him going out with a win, but rather a loss and ending on a 6 game losing steak bring so much more heat on the staff and almost force at least a minor shake up which I think is needed. We need to fix our failures aka maybe the offensive staff to succeed in 23 imho. 

Don’t get me wrong. Once the ball is kicked off I know myself. I will be rooting for the jets. I’m to competitive of a guy and jets fan. But doubt i will be getting off the couch much to cheer or feel to high or down either way it goes. This season really crushed me in so many ways. So tomorrow go Jets but ehhhh it’s another Sunday to me in many ways. 

Anyone else feel that gray empty feeling as well?

How can you not feel Meh ? We got Joe the Tree Starting and the game has no meaning to us other than eliminating the Dolphins who I hate more than any sports franchise .

• Haha 1