<<<<<<< Jets vs Dolphins -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Dont get mad at me bro. I WANT Wilson to win it, but many voices go into the decision as to who gets it. 

Those voters can make an argument for Wilson, Walker, or Olave.

I actually think rookie of the year on offense will be either Pickett or Purdy.

36 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Dont get mad at me bro. I WANT Wilson to win it, but many voices go into the decision as to who gets it. 

Those voters can make an argument for Wilson, Walker, or Olave.

Yeah and he is unlikely(though deserving) to get it because Sauce is going to win DROY. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Too bad for them , they couldn't beat us head to head. They can take their terrible yellow sanitary napkins and shove them wear the sun don't shine. 

Earlier I said I was conflicted because I hate the steelers and more so their fans but wanted to see tomlin make the playoffs.

now Steelers fans are pissed at us?

we all good

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah and he is unlikely(though deserving) to get it because Sauce is going to win DROY. 

I dont see any world where the league gives both awards to Jets. 

Especially when there are a handful.of offensive rookies so close together. 

Defense is either Sauce or Hutchinson,.and even that may be determined by tonight's game. 

If Hutchinson goes on a tear and Lions make the playoffs, hes getting it. 

12 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Earlier I said I was conflicted because I hate the steelers and more so their fans but wanted to see tomlin make the playoffs.

we all good

They have every right to be pissed. We score 1 TD we win. If the roles were reversed we would be pissed too. 

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They have every right to be pissed. We score 1 TD we win. If the roles were reversed we would be pissed too. 

Maybe but they have 5 Super Bowls are are the biggest a—hole fans when they come to MetLife.

they will get over it

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

we all good

They only have themselves to blame losing to this sh*tstain team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Its one thing to quietly root for a loss but some of you guys posting YES!!!!!! Type comments when we lose on a jet board teally need to check yourselves.

Its like watching and cheering your mamma being beaten to death for an early inheritance 

not nice at all

This is as dumb a comparison as I’ve ever seen regarding this subject. 

I see all the vitriol on this board.  Fire this. Screw that.  This sucks.  Geez, give it a rest.  The O line was in shreds by the end of the season.  Even the 4 deep guys in there at the end were playing injured.  You can’t score if your O line can’t block or protect.  I did see the refs screw the Jets twice like they have all season.  The horse collar wasn’t and Our QB was roughed after a whistle but no call.  In fact I believe the Jets were the only team in the NFL whose QB ( all 4) never received a roughing call.  That’s some weird sh*t.  That’s who Woody should get fired … officials.

• WTF? 2

5 hours ago, ausman said:

I see all the vitriol on this board.  Fire this. Screw that.  This sucks.  Geez, give it a rest.  The O line was in shreds by the end of the season.  Even the 4 deep guys in there at the end were playing injured.  You can’t score if your O line can’t block or protect.  I did see the refs screw the Jets twice like they have all season.  The horse collar wasn’t and Our QB was roughed after a whistle but no call.  In fact I believe the Jets were the only team in the NFL whose QB ( all 4) never received a roughing call.  That’s some weird sh*t.  That’s who Woody should get fired … officials.

Yep. The officials. They were the problem this year. Damn zebras…

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JTJet said:

After today Garret Wilson its debatable if Wilson is even a better receiver than Olave, let alone rookie of the year. 

Their stats are absolutely identical now, but Olave has the yardage edge, and on a equally bad team. 

It will go to Walker if he even has an above average game today, and he is already at 35 yards in the 1st quarter. 

What?

Wilson finished with more yards. 

Whether it was an equally bad team, it certainly wasn't an equally bad QB. Andy Dalton is Peyton Manning next to Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

So what were the keys to the game other than the obvious both offenses were weak. And the defenses strong, both teams. Well in terms of winning the game that key horse collar penalty against Quincy that extended the Fins final drive and put them in FG range. And part two of that was Jason Sanders making the kick. A 50 yarder even though he is towards the bottom of the league 2 out of 6 making 50+ kicks in comparison Zeurlein who missed a 55-56 yarder is 6 for 11. 

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

So what were the keys to the game other than the obvious both offenses were weak. And the defenses strong, both teams. Well in terms of winning the game that key horse collar penalty against Quincy that extended the Fins final drive and put them in FG range. And part two of that was Jason Sanders making the kick. A 50 yarder even though he is towards the bottom of the league 2 out of 6 making 50+ kicks in comparison Zeurlein who missed a 55-56 yarder is 6 for 11. 

Wasn’t a horse collar, hand wasn’t inside the collar or on the name plate.  He pulled him down from the number on his back.  His fault he’s so strong that he yanked the guy down by his shirt.  The other memorable call was the RTP against JFM that cancelled a PI that went for a TD against NE and changed the entire course of the game.  Difference between winning and losing in the NFL is a pubic hair, but — yeah — let’s just ignore that and just say everybody sucks because we didn’t make the playoffs nobody thought we could make when the season started.

On 1/9/2023 at 12:17 PM, Flightattendant said:

So then why root at all? Or bigger question, why judge someone by what they're rooting to happen?

I am not judging anyone. Rooting at home games can impact the outcome. Home field advantage and all.

I was simply responding to someone who told me to not root for a win.

Saw it all day on social media too, was called all sorts of names for saying Go Jets.  

No judgement though.

• Upvote 1