Baker Mayfield, Why Not?

Maxman

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Come on… He was never “on” the Browns this season. He was gone when they signed Watson, you know that.

Then they jerked him around the entire offseason until all the QB openings were gone and the music stopped.
He had no choice except other than to redo his contract just to get a chance with the Panthers, who were a mess under Rhule.

When Rhule got fired Carolina was ready to go into tank mode… they released Baker (and got rid of McCaffrey) and he ended up with the Rams a few hours later.
Wilkes ended up pulling a Gase though, coaching the hell out of Carolina, and screwed up the tank.

That's a lotta words

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know if I could root for the Jets if Baker was our QB.  I'd have to take the 3 games off while he crashed and burned and lost his job as the starter.

You made it through 5 years of Darnold and Wilson.

You’d be starting 12 threads a day paying homage to Baker Mayfield after watching him play 3 games here.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You made it through 5 years of Darnold and Wilson.

You’d be starting 12 threads a day paying homage to Baker Mayfield after watching him play 3 games here.

If I did pay homage, it would be for him giving us a real chance to win the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

On 1/8/2023 at 1:06 AM, Maxman said:

The kid can play. Played hurt in Cleveland and they dumped him which meant his story there did not have a happy ending.

Carolina was a toxic environment and they dumped him.

Played well with the Rams.

If you don't land a top tier guy like Aaron Rodgers or David Carr, then Mayfield makes a ton of sense.

Am I right, or am I right?

I see a lot of hoping for Minshew on this board....and I'd much rather Mayfield than Minshew, so why not?

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm the Jets have ZERO recent history of turning around underperforming QBs....ZERO!! 

No way in the world is this Jets staff going to risk their future by placing Baker Mayfield under center.....

Might be the only option if no one else will come. What they won't do is leave their fate to Zach wilson

• Sympathy 1

I doubt it happens but i don’t think there’s a better option out there for us, if we’re being realistic here.

He should get a reasonable contract, no compensation involved, still young, has shown he’s a top 15 QB talent. Leadership qualities, has the arm, mobile… I mean what’s the problem here?

• Upvote 3

On 1/8/2023 at 1:06 AM, Maxman said:

The kid can play. Played hurt in Cleveland and they dumped him which meant his story there did not have a happy ending.

Carolina was a toxic environment and they dumped him.

Played well with the Rams.

If you don't land a top tier guy like Aaron Rodgers or David Carr, then Mayfield makes a ton of sense.

Am I right, or am I right?

You are right. he should be checked out if the price is right. beggars cant be choosers

• Upvote 1