Cimini: Woody was livid after SEA loss

54 minutes ago, JiFields said:

12 straight year, 7 straight losing seasons, 6 last place finishes in the AFCE in the last 7....have you heard a peep from Woody Johnson?  No.  You have a report that he was upset in the locker room after a loos, which is like, quite common.

Agree. He just feels pressure when it’s completely obvious to make a change. Outside of that, he’s just walking the halls.  He barely knows the guys we’re drafting when he’s in the war room. He’s just happy to be there lol. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, JiFields said:

yet, no word from him to the public?  That's not the behavior of a livid owner....

Again, look around the league, when teams start sinking, damn near every owner has something to say, holds some accountability, makes aggressive changes...not Woody. 

As a thought exercise, whip up the statement you’d want to see Woody deliver today if the Jets lose

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Pretty sure they don’t get Sauce, Garrett or Breece at all, ya know, since they were part of an entirely different draft.

Facts, lol

Ronald Mcdonald Clown GIF

….they would have a better record if they didnt go with a rookie project QB who missed 4 games changing their entire draft position and strategy 

hence no Sauce, no Garrett, no Breece

are you able to add 2+2?

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Woody had nothing to do with Gase.  Both Todd  Bowles and Robert Saleh were the de facto “hot hires” at the time they were made. C’mon man JiF, I’m as upset as anyone right now, but let’s keep it a buck.  

Woody has been told for years to, basically, “f*ck off” because his hands on approach was not considered “attractive” to anyone in the NFL.  Now he does it and the notion is the guy doesn’t care?  I’m not a Woody guy either.  I feel gross having to come in here to “defend” him.

You honestly think Chris didnt reach out to Woody when hiring Gase?  He worked completely independent on that hire?  I highly, highly doubt it.  

Nobody was hiring Robert Saleh.  Totally out of left field.  He interviewed w/ who the Jets and the Lions?  And he bombed w/ the Lions?   Nobody wanted Robert Saleh.  JD just enjoyed their chat.

And werent we the only team that interviewed Todd Bowles?   There was a rumor Atlanta was going to interview him and they didnt, maybe I remember incorrectly but he only interviewed here to my knowledge.

Your last comment is contradictory....this wasnt attractive job because of Woody but yet he landed all the "hot hires"...sorry dude, but makes no sense. 

The fact of the matter is, there is one common dominator in the Jets being the worst franchise in sports, his name is Woody Johnson.

Yeah not buying this at all. If woody were actually pissed it should have happened weeks ago when players were going through warmups in costumes in a must win game. Or perhaps tell the HC to knock off the cringey stair running. A little late for this.

• More Ugh 1

32 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It creates a culture of winning and letting people know it's not acceptable to be a loser.  I mean, that's a pretty big deal.  Kahn made a big splash hiring Urban, he made a mistake, his rookie QB looked like a bust, he went public w/ that mistake, accepting interviews from anyone and everyone, he was on ESPN answering questions.  And what did he do in response?  Went out and hired a former Super Bowl winning Head Coach...and they just won the division are about to host another home playoff game during his tenure.

So yeah, take a page out of that book and be bold.  Demand excellence.  This isnt trivial dude, he owns the F'ing team.

He hired the SB winning QB who nobody here wanted.  I was interested in him and was told he sucked.  
Whining publicly has nothing to do with changing culture or winning games.  Go on tv or radio does nothing.  Jerry Jones made himself GB and can’t find a microphone he doesn’t like, always has.  But he went, what 17 years without a playoff win at one stretch? 

56 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yet it’s difficult for me to see woody not demanding some sort of significant change or sacrificial body if they fail to score a td today.  The past 4 games have yielded 12/17/6/3 points.  Another sub 10 point showing may tip the scales.

I think finding a successor for LaFleur is a can of worms. Jets better have a bird in the hand if they choose to move on

24 minutes ago, BigB said:

I am not really sure how we really can blame Woody for this recent crash and burn team. Over the years he has tried to changing coaches every few years to put a better product on the field. I am sure he wants the team to win just like the rest of us. He is not a football guru by any stretch of the imagination but as a businessman he tries to delegate football operations to what he believes are knowledgeable football people. 

Everyone is looking for someone to blame. Who do you blame for key injuries, the stadium field? Who do you blame for the turn style of players on the OL, JD? Who do you blame for team not preventing a touch down on 4th and 1 or running back a punt for the winning score in the closing minutes the players or the coordinators? Who do you blame for not being able to score TDs when in the red zone? Does it make real sense to fire JD or Saleh at this point in time because Zach has not become the leader of men on the football field or the ability after 2 years to hit layup passes and step up in the pocket, the OC?. 

Woody needs to keep this coaching team together for at least one more year to see if there is further growth and progress into year 3 and finally "win" meaningful games in December instead of the continued GM and coaching regime change every 2 years.

I'm not blaming Woody for the paly of the field, I'm laughing at the idea he's "livid" about the state of the team.  I don think he gives 2 sh*ts, that's my point. 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As a thought exercise, whip up the statement you’d want to see Woody deliver today if the Jets lose

Before the game, I want to hear Woody say:

“Let’s go out with dignity and show ’em we’re not horses’ asses.’’ 

After the game, I want to hear Woody say:

“Look, you know my quarterback sucks, I know my quarterback sucks, everyone knows my quarterback sucks.’’

https://nypost.com/2012/11/24/the-most-embarrassing-moments-in-jets-history/

• Haha 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Before the game, I want to hear Woody say:

“Let’s go out with dignity and show ’em we’re not horses’ asses.’’ 

After the game, I want to hear Woody say:

“Look, you know my quarterback sucks, I know my quarterback sucks, everyone knows my quarterback sucks.’’

https://nypost.com/2012/11/24/the-most-embarrassing-moments-in-jets-history/

Always works!

7 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Nobody was hiring Robert Saleh.  Totally out of left field.  He interviewed w/ who the Jets and the Lions?  And he bombed w/ the Lions?   Nobody wanted Robert Saleh.  JD just enjoyed their chat.

Seriously?  He was on everyone’s list as one of the next coordinators to get hired.  This place crapped its pants when JD and Chris let Saleh go home and think about the Jet job and allowed Saleh to leave without a signed contract.  All the “the Johnsons are clueless” for not signing Saleh are now countered by the “the Johnson’s are clueless for not firing Saleh” types

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, let me clarify, all of my thoughts are based on the idea, he's "livid"...he's not but if he was and there was something to this, then yeah, I would expect him to come out and address the facts and demand change.  Put a playoff mandate out there.  Let fans know this isnt acceptable, etc.  Again, this is all based on him being livid but since he's not, so I actually I dont expect anything whatsoever to happen.

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Well, let me clarify, all of my thoughts are based on the idea, he's "livid"...he's not but if he was and there was something to this, then yeah, I would expect him to come out and address the facts and demand change.  Put a playoff mandate out there.  Let fans know this isnt acceptable, etc.  Again, this is all based on him being livid but since he's not, so I actually I dont expect anything whatsoever to happen.

Ah. Eh. If he’s livid, he’ll fire someone tonight.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did anyone hear Mortensen say something to the effect that Woody “smells blood in the water” on Countdown? Mort is always the first in with Woody stuff. I wasn’t watching, but it’s bouncing around Twitter

"Blood in the water" shouldn't mean an OC.  It should mean Saleh and his entire staff.