Cimini: Woody was livid after SEA loss

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Surreal moment in this house. I’m making breakfast, I hear Rex talking a lot of sense about football and the thought crossed my mind that, hey, maybe he’d be better this time around. 

086C5507-2757-4869-88F2-D6B008B6F79E.jpeg

If he could get his original staff back it wouldn’t be awful. 

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91136/as-tension-mounts-new-york-jets-offseason-goal-is-to-fix-broken-offense

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was livid after last week's ugly loss to the Seattle Seahawks, team sources said. A five-game losing streak and playoff elimination will do that to a billionaire boss.

On Sunday, they will try to avoid becoming the first Jets team since the 1996 Rich Kotite misfits (1-15) to end the season with six straight losses. If they fall to the Miami Dolphins, Johnson's patience will be tested. It already seems to be eroding. He was visibly angry in the postgame locker room after previous losses as well, according to sources in the room.

This plus Michael Kay saying Woody is all in on Zach…It’s pretty crystal clear what’s happening now. We wanna blame Saleh, Douglas and hate LaFluer. Rightfully so. 
But this is all Woodys doing. 

Id be careful to want Saleh fired because this has the makings of a Gase type hire ahead. He’ll wanna force the next coach to fix and start Zach over anything else. This could get messy. 

Ummmmm Woody should be upset about the Jets losing all these games, HE OWNS THE TEAM!!!!

Woody too may be concerned that an offensive staff that had no prior EXPERIENCE may not have done the best with Zach Wilson!

Indeed, Woody and Co. did not want to have Rhule in here because he had no NFL experience offensive coaches in tow, so he is pissed something he was concerned about is again an issue.

What, he is supposed to be happy??? :( 

@IndianaJet@JETS SB@BigB

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

He's the only owner in the league who can claim he once chosen by the President to serve as an Ambassador, that's all the prestige he needs.  His connections outside the league circles has always been more important to him.  Have you noticed, you legit havent heard a peep from him since returning?  

Dan Rooney was chosen by Obama and was the ambassador to Ireland from 2009-2012.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Surreal moment in this house. I’m making breakfast, I hear Rex talking a lot of sense about football and the thought crossed my mind that, hey, maybe he’d be better this time around. 

The Patriots name on screen looks like it's in a trashcan. 

Well done. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Payton just said it’s about ownership and front office.  Not necessarily city and QB. 

I think he has to say this.  But he’s already lobbying for the broncos job, and that’s only b/c of Russ.  They have no draft picks, so why else would he want to go there?  All about the qb. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He cares about which fancy dinners he gets invited to, and what table he gets seated at… imagine being a billionaire and constantly cupping the balls of the gross people you want to seek favor with. 

Sakeh is doing okay. It’s year two. His coordinators have been hit and cold, his roster is all or nothing. There’s no excuse for the landslide at the end of this season, and I do think there needs to be accountability, I’m just not fully sold on ‘fire everyone’ as the solution for it.

I still have a modicum of hope that Saleh  can shed his last layer of cool dad skin, as this transformation for DC to HC requires it. I don’t believe there was ever a stud in Zach, so I’m less incline to cry ‘they didn’t develop him’. He simply sucks. They developed Mike White. He put up pretty good stats here. So, it’s not like the coaches just dropped the ball.

The internal bullsh*t with Zach is clearly at the heart of the 2022 collapse. I think too many suites are involved in starting lineup decisions.

This man gets it

086C5507-2757-4869-88F2-D6B008B6F79E.thumb.jpeg.a60f6798f8f13c3252d91ca58169f693.jpeg

Better this time around? Rex is already the most successful jets coach in our history.

We love to trash Rex, but he gave us the best football of many of our lives

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can’t remember the last time I saw a SHARP tv.

The AQUOS line used to slap.

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He hired the SB winning QB who nobody here wanted.  I was interested in him and was told he sucked.  
Whining publicly has nothing to do with changing culture or winning games.  Go on tv or radio does nothing.  Jerry Jones made himself GB and can’t find a microphone he doesn’t like, always has.  But he went, what 17 years without a playoff win at one stretch? 

I wanted Pederson, as I wanted an experienced Head Coach.  So not sure where you're getting the idea nobody wanted him.  I remember that many posters were opposed to McCarthy, which I disagreed w/ as well but who cares?  Neither of them have anything to do with the point I'm making.  

Further, I dont see the owner saying "this is unacceptable" is whining, weird you do but again, I'm not asking Woody to do sh*t.  I'm saying, if he was "livid" you'd expect to see certain behaviors...but you dont, because he doesnt care.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think he has to say this.  But he’s already lobbying for the broncos job, and that’s only b/c of Russ.  They have no draft picks, so why else would he want to go there?  All about the qb. 

The rest of what he said was fluff but they gave him a chance to speak to all the owners directly so to speak and he said what he said.  It makes sense. Why go to a great city and QB if there are deeper reasons the job is open. He touched on that. He’s no dummy. I remember touching on this during the gase fiasco that top, in demand people will look to see if you gave the former guy the support and time to win. 
stepping back from the bitter disappointment about this season would a top candidate think the jets gave Saleh the time and support he needed or did the season fall apart after AVT and Hall went down and the crap offense got exposed and then QB hilarity ensued?

looking in from the outside, would a candidate think that Zach has what it takes and was just flagrantly ruined or are the bounce passes from his rookie year an indictment on JD taking him ? 

This is a very bad year for coaching candidates.  I think if they fire Saleh you aren’t even shopping in the Dorsey/ Wink aisle, you’re shopping in the Aaron Glenn aisle.  Don’t forget boomer told Reich not to come here once already. 

Saleh stays. LaFluer is 50/50

39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously?  He was on everyone’s list as one of the next coordinators to get hired.  This place crapped its pants when JD and Chris let Saleh go home and think about the Jet job and allowed Saleh to leave without a signed contract.  All the “the Johnsons are clueless” for not signing Saleh are now countered by the “the Johnson’s are clueless for not firing Saleh” types

You're all emotion here, brother.  I dont care what fans think.  Settle down and use logic.

Now, name the teams that interviewed or even considered hiring Robert Saleh.

11 minutes ago, funaz said:

Better this time around? Rex is already the most successful jets coach in our history.

We love to trash Rex, but he gave us the best football of many of our lives

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not unless he brings in a veteran OC. Also, who wants to wait around 5 years while he searches for a NT to emulate Kris Jenkins. 

56 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Woody has been told for years to, basically, “f*ck off” because his hands on approach was not considered “attractive” to anyone in the NFL.  Now he does it and the notion is the guy doesn’t care?  I’m not a Woody guy either.  I feel gross having to come in here to “defend” him.

This. 

21 minutes ago, doitny said:

yep and then he went to KC who had a QB in Alex Smith. he would never come here with our QBs. none of these top HCs are coming here with no QB.

This isn’t right. He traded two 2nd round picks for Smith after getting hired; the first of which was at the top of round 2 (remember they had the #1 overall pick for winning 2012’s “worst team in the NFL” sweepstakes).

At the time of his hiring, KC had Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn at QB, who combined for half the TD passes as, and several more picks than, the 2022 Jets. In 2012 they were 2-14 with the #32 offense that averaged an impossible 13ppg for the season, even with Jamaal Charles returning to the top of his game after his 2011 injury.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We've heard different stories on Woody's feelings about Zach. That he's finished with him and now Kay saying he supports him. Obviously you can expect he's not happy with Zach's development and the CS's bad job coaching him. 

Furious because:

• His/fans hopes were up for a playoff run and raised 2023 ticket sales as a result, now looks like Scrooge McLimp

• We’ll have the longest playoff drought in sports 

• Our roommates just made the playoffs with a rookie GM & HC with no cap money and a QB that was written off as a bust

• A lot of years & money were paid out to current regime and for their player signings and coaching staff setup

• Added another public embarrassment to the notion that NYJ = land where QBs die with another failed high draft pick development

• Will probably considering firing everyone and moving the team to London.

14 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I wanted Pederson, as I wanted an experienced Head Coach.  So not sure where you're getting the idea nobody wanted him.  I remember that many posters were opposed to McCarthy, which I disagreed w/ as well but who cares?  Neither of them have anything to do with the point I'm making.  

Further, I dont see the owner saying "this is unacceptable" is whining, weird you do but again, I'm not asking Woody to do sh*t.  I'm saying, if he was "livid" you'd expect to see certain behaviors...but you dont, because he doesnt care.

Pederson was such an obvious choice with the connections to Philly and JD and the need to develop the #2 overall pick 

If Woody were pissed but plans on keeping Saleh and Douglas, a few things to consider- practice needs to be longer and more intense especially in camp. I’d suggest to Woody to go see Pittsburgh or Kansas City practice. Treat this like a professional organization. Players showing up in pregame in costumes is direct reflection on what type of organization Woody runs. That needs to change if he’s actually pissed off.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Woody likes prestige. He wants to look like a high roller in the owner’s circles, and he’s not even close.

Robert Wood Johnson IV at the owner's meeting 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=animal+house+youtube&qpvt=animal+house+youtube&view=detail&mid=FC28389B142A1355E00BFC28389B142A1355E00B&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Danimal%2Bhouse%2Byoutube%26qpvt%3Danimal%2Bhouse%2Byoutube%26FORM%3DVDRE

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

With a loss (or tie) today, we'll finish last for the 6th time in the last 7 years.

2019 was a glorious year!

Thank you, Woody and Chris Johnson!  Thank you!!

2022:

image.png.dd7e944ae6b7fef1516d6ff4eeaa83e0.png

2021:

image.png.d37bb8a254c4be31f164a13fa89cb749.png

2020:

image.png.e3dadcffdbbfe4fa1b06ae2be0bac649.png

2019:

image.png.30d004208beee90f2ef8d23cac59679c.png

2018:

image.png.581a669781ad9ac39d9a849efedf8cdf.png

2017:

image.png.545135d4a4712e29b07d6d9fb0dd1710.png

2016:

image.png.bb0cfbbcfebd051d37b40d66c04e11de.png

We would have believed you without the documentation...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They should really just go get Gruden and tell Saleh to make it work.

Gruden;

1. Super Bowl winning coach;

2. Knows more about QBing and offense than any man alive.

Couple him with Gregg Williams or Rex Ryan as DC, you're set.

Alas, that also means;

1. Writing huge checks;

2. Not being involved day to day;

3. A week of whiny media stories about Gruden being a bad guy. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bugg said:

Gruden;

1. Super Bowl winning coach;

2. Knows more about QBing and offense than any man alive.

Couple him with Gregg Williams or Rex Ryan as DC, you're set.

Alas, that also means;

1. Writing huge checks;

2. Not being involved day to day;

3. A week of whiny media stories about Gruden being a bad guy. 

If we're bringing in Jon Gruden, bring him in as HC of the NYJ.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91136/as-tension-mounts-new-york-jets-offseason-goal-is-to-fix-broken-offense

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was livid after last week's ugly loss to the Seattle Seahawks, team sources said. A five-game losing streak and playoff elimination will do that to a billionaire boss.

On Sunday, they will try to avoid becoming the first Jets team since the 1996 Rich Kotite misfits (1-15) to end the season with six straight losses. If they fall to the Miami Dolphins, Johnson's patience will be tested. It already seems to be eroding. He was visibly angry in the postgame locker room after previous losses as well, according to sources in the room.

This plus Michael Kay saying Woody is all in on Zach…It’s pretty crystal clear what’s happening now. We wanna blame Saleh, Douglas and hate LaFluer. Rightfully so. 
But this is all Woodys doing. 

Id be careful to want Saleh fired because this has the makings of a Gase type hire ahead. He’ll wanna force the next coach to fix and start Zach over anything else. This could get messy. 

This is ugly if true, some conspiracies don’t seem so crazy know. It was Woodys boy and that was it.

4 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

This is false. They all agreed to move on from Sam and draft Zach. Show me 1 article that backs up your point.

That said, ultimately, the responsibility falls on JD. He always has the power to veto.

Unless mandated by Woody. Then he has no choice other than to quit.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The beat guys have all said Woody has been around the team and has been “very involved.” Cimini had the bit about Woody not even getting in the golf cart with his family a few weeks ago. As far as his contacts, this is a dude who clings to Kraft as much as he can. It’s gotta be humiliating to try and run in those circles while your team is a perennial joke.

During the draft I found it very interesting that they specifically mentioned Woody would be involved heavily in the 22 draft. I don’t believe that BS.