Cimini: Woody was livid after SEA loss

29 minutes ago, JTJet said:

How in the left nut of ******* Satan himself is the sh*t we have seen the last two years Woody's doing? If were talking about by the fact he hired Joe Douglas? Sure. 

Is Woody starting, benching, starting again, deactivating, demoting, starting Zach Wilson?

Is Woody drafting Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, James Morgan, Braden Mann, Ashytn Davis?

Is Woody calling a run on every single first down play up the middle, and calling plays to throw 15 yards shy of 1st down on 3rd and 20? 

Is Woody shanking punts egregiously out of bounds? 

Is Woody missing wide open recievers by 10 yards on dump passes? 

Forcing Wilson on everyone. That effects the whole thing. 
Can’t wait to hire the dolphins OC

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Forcing Wilson on everyone. That effects the whole thing. 
Can’t wait to hire the dolphins OC

Let's say that's true, so what about the other 50% of the time that Zach isnt playing? And it's the same sh*t. 

That blows that theory out of the water. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Not true... actually. The Falcons owner, VERY RICH, hasn't accomplished much.  It's money, a plan, etc.   I wonder if Kraft overpaid for BB in 2000?  I don't know. But he hired the right guy. 

All it takes is money to attract the right guy to put in charge. 

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He cares about which fancy dinners he gets invited to, and what table he gets seated at… imagine being a billionaire and constantly cupping the balls of the gross people you want to seek favor with. 

Sakeh is doing okay. It’s year two. His coordinators have been hit and cold, his roster is all or nothing. There’s no excuse for the landslide at the end of this season, and I do think there needs to be accountability, I’m just not fully sold on ‘fire everyone’ as the solution for it.

I still have a modicum of hope that Saleh  can shed his last layer of cool dad skin, as this transformation for DC to HC requires it. I don’t believe there was ever a stud in Zach, so I’m less incline to cry ‘they didn’t develop him’. He simply sucks. They developed Mike White. He put up pretty good stats here. So, it’s not like the coaches just dropped the ball.

The internal bullsh*t with Zach is clearly at the heart of the 2022 collapse. I think too many suites are involved in starting lineup decisions.

The Mike White delusion continues 

ZACH HAS BETTER STATS

56 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91136/as-tension-mounts-new-york-jets-offseason-goal-is-to-fix-broken-offense

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was livid after last week's ugly loss to the Seattle Seahawks, team sources said. A five-game losing streak and playoff elimination will do that to a billionaire boss.

On Sunday, they will try to avoid becoming the first Jets team since the 1996 Rich Kotite misfits (1-15) to end the season with six straight losses. If they fall to the Miami Dolphins, Johnson's patience will be tested. It already seems to be eroding. He was visibly angry in the postgame locker room after previous losses as well, according to sources in the room.

This plus Michael Kay saying Woody is all in on Zach…It’s pretty crystal clear what’s happening now. We wanna blame Saleh, Douglas and hate LaFluer. Rightfully so. 
But this is all Woodys doing. 

Id be careful to want Saleh fired because this has the makings of a Gase type hire ahead. He’ll wanna force the next coach to fix and start Zach over anything else. This could get messy. 

The last few games aren’t all on zwilson. The Seattle game was a near collapse of the whole team. The offense certainly didn’t show. Granted mfw was hurting but there was limited run game.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

This is false. They all agreed to move on from Sam and draft Zach. Show me 1 article that backs up your point.

That said, ultimately, the responsibility falls on JD. He always has the power to veto.

There were numerous reports about a split in the organization on whether to move on from Sam, or keep him and aquire more picks. These reports weren't beat writer reports either.i argued ad-nauseum that trading down was the smart move. It wasn't just about Sam, either, it was about building the team with real talent. Something a trade down would have accomplished

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woody likes prestige. He wants to look like a high roller in the owner’s circles, and he’s not even close.

Exactly. Otherwise he’d be just another rich guy. He wants desperately to be another George Steinbrenner or Jerry jones.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

The last few games aren’t all on zwilson. The Seattle game was a near collapse of the whole team. The offense certainly didn’t show. Granted mfw was hurting but there was limited run game.

No. But how awesome would it be if the rest of the team didn’t have to be perfect in order to win games? Just imagine a QB and offense that gets 7 points. Really is dreamy. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woody likes prestige. He wants to look like a high roller in the owner’s circles, and he’s not even close.

He's the only owner in the league who can claim he once chosen by the President to serve as an Ambassador, that's all the prestige he needs.  His connections outside the league circles has always been more important to him.  Have you noticed, you legit havent heard a peep from him since returning?  

1 minute ago, BP said:

Exactly. Otherwise he’d be just another rich guy. He wants desperately to be another George Steinbrenner or Jerry jones.

If that's the case, he'd stop dabbling in inept 1st year coaches though.  I think the man is just a silver spoon incompetent.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Agree.

arguably thenjets have more talent on defense the the jags or titans.

their effort sans the buffalo home game did not come close tk what we saw last night.

zach is certainly an issue but I would be shocked if the cure is simply a diff qb keeping everything else the same

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

If that's the case, he'd stop dabbling in inept 1st year coaches though.  I think the man is just a silver spoon incompetent.  

Nobody is saying the guy is smart. But besides being naive and stupid he is all about prestige with the Jets. He loves the cameras when things are going good. Just like Steinbrenner and Jerry jones did. The difference is those two were/are smart business men, woody isn’t a business man. He’s been a philanthropist since age 23.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Livid??? A 10 year child is livid after losing a soccer game but does not attribute it to his lack of preparation and his time playing video games.

Woody is not smart and then left the team for 4 years. What does he expect?  His brother has accomplished zero in his life and took a bottom third franchise and made it a bottom 3 franchise.

Woody is simply a child in a suit. 

In fairness Would you turn down an offer to be the ambassador to the UK? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Agree.

arguably thenjets have more talent on defense the the jags or titans.

their effort sans the buffalo home game did not come close tk what we saw last night.

zach is certainly an issue but I would be shocked if the cure is simply a diff qb keeping everything else the same

Cleaning house makes the most sense. Douglas and Saleh are going to make some bad win now moves in order to save their jobs. 

56 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It cracks me up that people actually believe that Woody Johnson cares about winning and would get frustrated over anything Jets related.  This is just a distraction for him, he doesnt give two sh*ts if the Jets win or lose.

Reports accurate. He was visibly pissed last week

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m pretty sure seeing the Giants in the playoffs with a 1st year coach has his brain squirming like a toad. 

Interesting take.  Plus in that Seattle game he saw geno smith the all star.  So it could well be that woody is realizing that at a minimum, the coaching here has been terrible.  And if it’s true that he’s all in on ZW, that would further implicate saleh and MLF

• Post of the Week 3

4 minutes ago, BP said:

Nobody is saying the guy is smart. But besides being naive and stupid he is all about prestige with the Jets. He loves the cameras when things are going good. Just like Steinbrenner and Jerry jones did. The difference is those two were/are smart business men, woody isn’t a business man. He’s been a philanthropist since age 23.

When does this happen?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, genot said:

There were numerous reports about a split in the organization on whether to move on from Sam, or keep him and aquire more picks. These reports weren't beat writer reports either.i argued ad-nauseum that trading down was the smart move. It wasn't just about Sam, either, it was about building the team with real talent. Something a trade down would have accomplished

They don’t get sauce Garrett or breece if they trade down

Big Joe made the right move

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I think he cares about winning, the problem is winning is a very distant second to being able to meddle. 

His team has the longest playoff draught in the NFL, they havent played a home playoff game in 25 years, yet, you hear nothing from him about wanting different results.  He legit, doesnt give a ****.  

Lets compare that to Shad Kahn, for example; I live in Jax, his availability to the media is unprecedented.  Its Jerry Jones level. Dude will go on shows, TV, do on the spot interviews guest appearances etc.  He's extremely visible, he takes accountability and demands better.  He contributes and donates to the maturation of the city, he's taken invested interest in everything Jax and has become a vital fixture in the community.  He doesnt settle, he makes big moves and his team just put 80k in the stadium, won a division and will be playing another, home playoff game under his tenure.  He stood outside and answered question for 30 minutes after the game.

Compare that to Woody Johnson who occasionally floats around a parking lot taking pictures. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, JiFields said:

You were there? 

Anthony is right.  I don’t think Saleh is getting fired, but I do believe there will need to be changes made to his staff in order to cool down any chances he does of getting the axe.  If we lose in embarrassing fashion today, I will say with complete confidence that I have zero clue as to what Woody will do, despite the things I have been told.  He’s incredibly impulsive.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Anthony is right.  I don’t think Saleh is getting fired, but I do believe there will need to be changes made to his staff in order to cool down any chances he does of getting the axe.

Sure.

Humor me, what does visibly upset mean?