Cimini: Woody was livid after SEA loss

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Anthony is right.  I don’t think Saleh is getting fired, but I do believe there will need to be changes made to his staff in order to cool down any chances he does of getting the axe.

I almost feel ownership will need assurances of WHO Saleh will hire to oversee the O (regardless of whether MLF stays or not).

If they can get a Gary Kubiak as a Senior Assistant / Assistant HC then I think that puts out the firing flames.

If Saleh is scrambling for out of the league Jeremy Bates types…it might be game over.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Sure.

Humor me, what does visibly upset mean? 

I mean, not throwing sh*t lol, but cursing, venting to anyone around him who would listen, and having a very “pissed off” look as things unfolded.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I almost feel ownership will need assurances of WHO Saleh will hire to oversee the O (regardless of whether MLF stays or not).

If they can get a Gary Kubiak as a Senior Assistant / Assistant HC then I think that puts out the firing flames.

If Saleh is scrambling for out of the league Jeremy Bates types…it might be game over.

Exactly.  It reminds me of the Pederson situation in Philly, except Saleh doesn’t have a Super Bowl ring, and it won’t drag on long.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, not throwing sh*t lol, but cursing, venting to anyone around him who would listen, and having a very “pissed off” look as things unfolded.

If woody was truly upset and pissed off last week, well, i can only say that’s good.  And maybe if they don’t score a td again today, that will inspire woody to make bigger changes. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I’m pretty sure seeing the Giants in the playoffs with a 1st year coach has his brain squirming like a toad. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And ZW was told to "take a long holiday"

And if he let's Saleh ride,

Sweet playoff dreams will die.

Killer on the road. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Owner who is very upset after a bad loss that causes us to miss the playoffs. What am I missing here?

Right...exactly.

Nothing about this means he's going to knee jerk fire anyone or make a youtube video whining about the team.

That's not how owners of multibillion dollar businesses work.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JiFields said:

His team has the longest playoff draught in the NFL, they havent played a home playoff game in 25 years, yet, you hear nothing from him about wanting different results.  He legit, doesnt give a ****.  

Lets compare that to Shad Kahn, for example; I live in Jax, his availability to the media is unprecedented.  Its Jerry Jones level. Dude will go on shows, TV, do on the spot interviews guest appearances etc.  He's extremely visible, he takes accountability and demands better.  He contributes and donates to the maturation of the city, he's taken invested interest in everything Jax and has become a vital fixture in the community.  He doesnt settle, he makes big moves and his team just put 80k in the stadium, won a division and will be playing another, home playoff game under his tenure.  He stood outside and answered question for 30 minutes after the game.

Compare that to Woody Johnson who occasionally floats around a parking lot taking pictures. 

It all starts at the top, in business, in sports, good owners hire good surrounding people, bad owners hire bad surrounding people.

Motivations matter, Woodys more motivated by being able to play football executive when it suits him, then winning

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Meh, I find it hard to believe he was just pouting around the locker room visibly.  That's not his style at all but either way, how was he supposed to look?  Happy!!!???  lol 

This is silly.  I dont give a **** about a report.  I'll stick w/ my opinion because it's based on the fact that this team has been the laughing stock of the league for over a decade and Woody Johnson has not once, acted like it bothers him, at all. 

18 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Meh, I find it hard to believe he was just pouting around the locker room visibly.  That's not his style at all but either way, how was he supposed to look?  Happy!!!???  lol 

This is silly.  I dont give a **** about a report.  I'll stick w/ my opinion because it's based on the fact that this team has been the laughing stock of the league for over a decade and Woody Johnson has not once, acted like it bothers him, at all. 

Fair enough, just mentioning what I had heard ??‍♂️.

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Woody is an awful owner, hes a trust fund billionaire and insecure as all hell.

I think Saleh has some qualities, but bringing in inexperienced buddies for your coordinators is a major, major red flag for me. In addition, his teams are incredibly undisciplined and constantly make back breaking mistakes usually in the form of penalties.

I don't necessarily fire him for the sake of firing him, but if I can get Payton or Harbough, I do it instantly, like I would have fired Bowles for Reid.

If you can't get one of those guys, and you want to stick with him, need to see some real growth next year. ZW can't be the excuse next year.

Reid was fired in 2012, about 1-2 days after Woody extended Rex .

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Woody is an awful owner, hes a trust fund billionaire and insecure as all hell.

I think Saleh has some qualities, but bringing in inexperienced buddies for your coordinators is a major, major red flag for me. In addition, his teams are incredibly undisciplined and constantly make back breaking mistakes usually in the form of penalties.

I don't necessarily fire him for the sake of firing him, but if I can get Payton or Harbough, I do it instantly, like I would have fired Bowles for Reid.

If you can't get one of those guys, and you want to stick with him, need to see some real growth next year. ZW can't be the excuse next year.

Yes, fully agreed.

Im a loser, so I went back and liked at the times I advocated for Reid and Shanny in the past. Saleh is fine as a ‘ride it out’ guy, but if you can bag either of those guys, or someone like Vrabel if he gets canned, then you pounce… it’s all about opportunity cost.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

It all starts at the top, in business, in sports, good owners hire good surrounding people, bad owners hire bad surrounding people.

Motivations matter, Woodys more motivated by being able to play football executive when it suits him, then winning

I'm not sure we can still hang on this trope that Woody doesn't care. It feels like we are scapegoating at this point. The Jets have one of the best training facilities in the NFL, they laid out serious cash in the last couple of seasons to build under Douglas and Saleh, and arguably he has remained a fly on the wall, deferring to his football people (Douglas) to run the organization.  Even the org chart changed where the coach reports to the GM.  He even tried to build the Jets own stadium on the West Side and was given the kabosh. 

The only thing you might say is that Woody has continued to hire first time coaches as opposed to the Paytons, Harbaughs of the world.  But he is not alone there.  And I would argue, our failure to recruit a top coaching staff may have more to do with the NY market and the Jets perceived history than anything that Woody has done in particular.  He doesn't strike me as a meddling owner at this point.   Can you imagine if Indy's owner was in this market, or Snyder? Or Stephen Ross? 

Coaching and QBs, that's where we continue to falter.  The Rams were the sucky Rams until McVay, Seattle was quite lame until Carroll arrived.  The Gods aligned for Indy with Peyton and then Luck, and now they mostly suck and their owner looks like a tool.  

The only time in the last 30 years that the Jets overcame their image, was when they convinced Parcells to initiate a grievance tour against the Pats by coming to NY.  Parcells did not fear NY, and the culture change he presided over (with a journeyman Testaverde I shall add) lasted well into the 2000s until the end of the Rex regime.  Barring some amazing turnaround from Saleh, the "culture change" he was seeking is not durable.  It's looking more likely that the Jets only overcome their image by catching lightning in a bottle (that's why people were hoping that White was the second coming of Brady) by recruiting a big coach or QB who is not afraid of this market (don't see that right now), or by striking gold in the draft.  The problem is, this offseason, it doesn't seem like it is likely to happen (as it hasn't in many others).  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

It cracks me up that people actually believe that Woody Johnson cares about winning and would get frustrated over anything Jets related.  This is just a distraction for him, he doesnt give two sh*ts if the Jets win or lose.

What cracks me up is people believe and write this.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

There were numerous reports about a split in the organization on whether to move on from Sam, or keep him and aquire more picks. These reports weren't beat writer reports either.i argued ad-nauseum that trading down was the smart move. It wasn't just about Sam, either, it was about building the team with real talent. Something a trade down would have accomplished

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

They don’t get sauce Garrett or breece if they trade down

Big Joe made the right move

Pretty sure they don’t get Sauce, Garrett or Breece at all, ya know, since they were part of an entirely different draft.

Facts, lol

Ronald Mcdonald Clown GIF

• Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It only “bothers” him at the very end of the season when it’s a collective effort from fans and media saying negative things and everyone’s like uh Woody this is when you do something. Then he often feels the need to act on something. 
The rest of the time, no, he doesn’t give a sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Fair enough, just mentioning what I had heard ??‍♂️.

I'm not doubting you, or the report, per say.  I'm sure there wasnt a lot of visibly happy people in that locker-room.  I just highly doubt Woody was walking around moping and letting his emotions show in front of the team.  That's not his style, at all and once the emotion of the game ends, he goes back to not giving a flying **** about wins or losses. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I mean, both are opinions.

His are informed by anecdotal evidence. Yours informed by projecting how you think and act into Woody, thus leaving you at odds with the notion that he would care, because (to your credit) you care so much.

This isn’t a knock on you. I just tend to skew towards the anecdotal evidence.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

I'm not sure we can still hang on this trope that Woody doesn't care. It feels like we are scapegoating at this point. The Jets have one of the best training facilities in the NFL, they laid out serious cash in the last couple of seasons to build under Douglas and Saleh, and arguably he has remained a fly on the wall, deferring to his football people (Douglas) to run the organization.  Even the org chart changed where the coach reports to the GM.  He even tried to build the Jets own stadium on the West Side and was given the kabosh. 

The only thing you might say is that Woody has continued to hire first time coaches as opposed to the Paytons, Harbaughs of the world.  But he is not alone there.  And I would argue, our failure to recruit a top coaching staff may have more to do with the NY market and the Jets perceived history than anything that Woody has done in particular.  He doesn't strike me as a meddling owner at this point.   Can you imagine if Indy's owner was in this market, or Snyder? Or Stephen Ross? 

Coaching and QBs, that's where we continue to falter.  The Rams were the sucky Rams until McVay, Seattle was quite lame until Carroll arrived.  The Gods aligned for Indy with Peyton and then Luck, and now they mostly suck and their owner looks like a tool.  

The only time in the last 30 years that the Jets overcame their image, was when they convinced Parcells to initiate a grievance tour against the Pats by coming to NY.  Parcells did not fear NY, and the culture change he presided over (with a journeyman Testaverde I shall add) lasted well into the 2000s until the end of the Rex regime.  Barring some amazing turnaround from Saleh, the "culture change" he was seeking is not durable.  It's looking more likely that the Jets only overcome their image by catching lightning in a bottle (that's why people were hoping that White was the second coming of Brady) by recruiting a big coach or QB who is not afraid of this market (don't see that right now), or by striking gold in the draft.  The problem is, this offseason, it doesn't seem like it is likely to happen (as it hasn't in many others).  

I think Woody cares about winning, I do. BUT, i think he cares more about being able to meddle than he does winning. Guys like Payton, Harbough, Reid, won't tolerate a know nothing owner meddling, so Woody won't bring those guys in. And vice versa, everyone knows what the Jets org is , and how dysfunctional it is, so guys like that won'g come here.

If he cared more about winning than meddling, he would offer up whatever it takes to get a big name guy who has proven success, and get out of the way, but he won't do it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Toilet Bowles level of coaching 

the handling of Zach Wilson is the worst I’ve ever seen for any franchise

CLEAN HOUSE

I agree the handling of Wilson was terrible but 90 percent of the fanbase didn't complain about any of it till like a month ago....lots of revisionist history around here.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cool, lets do it this way;

Show me something, anything, from Woody Johnson himself that indicates he isnt happy about the state of the New York Jets and the fact they have the longest playoff draught in the NFL and 7 straight sub .500 records and another last place finish in the AFCE.

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

He's the only owner in the league who can claim he once chosen by the President to serve as an Ambassador, that's all the prestige he needs.  His connections outside the league circles has always been more important to him.  Have you noticed, you legit havent heard a peep from him since returning?  

The beat guys have all said Woody has been around the team and has been “very involved.” Cimini had the bit about Woody not even getting in the golf cart with his family a few weeks ago. As far as his contacts, this is a dude who clings to Kraft as much as he can. It’s gotta be humiliating to try and run in those circles while your team is a perennial joke.

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It only “bothers” him at the very end of the season when it’s a collective effort from fans and media saying negative things and everyone’s like uh Woody this is when you do something. Then he often feels the need to act on something. 
The rest of the time, no, he doesn’t give a sh*t. 

12 straight year, 7 straight losing seasons, 6 last place finishes in the AFCE in the last 7....have you heard a peep from Woody Johnson?  No.  You have a report that he was upset in the locker room after a loos, which is like, quite common.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, both are opinions.

His are informed by anecdotal evidence. Yours informed by projecting how you think and act into Woody, thus leaving you at odds with the notion that he would care, because (to your credit) you care so much.

This isn’t a knock on you. I just tend to skew towards the anecdotal evidence.

None of us knows what anyone thinks, feels or indicates behind closed doors.  I can’t believe with all the money and time spent on trying to win that anyone would just not give a shlt if his team is in the bottom or top of standings.  
Most of these owners were fans first.  And if not out of being a fan who wants to go to owners meetings and not be one of the winning owners  group who get to walk around with their chests out.  Kind of seems like human nature to me.  
As opposed to going against human nature off of a tweet by Cimini