Cimini: Woody was livid after SEA loss

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The beat guys have all said Woody has been around the team and has been “very involved.” Cimini had the bit about Woody not even getting in the golf cart with his family a few weeks ago. As far as his contacts, this is a dude who clings to Kraft as much as he can. It’s gotta be humiliating to try and run in those circles while your team is a perennial joke.

Window dressing.  Proof is the in the pudding.  Longest draught in the NFL.  Longest in franchise history.  7 straight sub .500 seasons.  Woody Johnson hasnt said a word to the fanbase, not a peep, about how it has to change.  Radar silent. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Cool, lets do it this way;

Show me something, anything, from Woody Johnson himself that indicates he isnt happy about the state of the New York Jets and the fact they have the longest playoff draught in the NFL and 7 straight sub .500 records and another last place finish in the AFCE.

This challenge isnt exclusive to @Jet Nut, anyone can participate.  I honestly want to be proven wrong, so please, someone share.

8 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Window dressing.  Proof is the in the pudding.  Longest draught in the NFL.  Longest in franchise history.  7 straight sub .500 seasons.  Woody Johnson hasnt said a word to the fanbase, not a peep, about how it has to change.  Radar silent. 

I mean, all he can do is sign checks. He reads the papers, for better or worse. This is the same dude who let Manish Mehta set the agenda for the team for half a decade. 

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, all he can do is sign checks. He reads the papers, for better or worse. This is the same dude who let Manish Mehta set the agenda for the team for half a decade. 

Yet it’s difficult for me to see woody not demanding some sort of significant change or sacrificial body if they fail to score a td today.  The past 4 games have yielded 12/17/6/3 points.  Another sub 10 point showing may tip the scales.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, both are opinions.

His are informed by anecdotal evidence. Yours informed by projecting how you think and act into Woody, thus leaving you at odds with the notion that he would care, because (to your credit) you care so much.

This isn’t a knock on you. I just tend to skew towards the anecdotal evidence.

As you know and as this board has seen over my years; I dont post on emotion and feels.  I post thoughts based on evidence.  In this scenario, my opinion is supported by evidence; 12 year playoff draught, 7 straight losing seasons, 6 out of 7 years finishing in last place finishes in the AFCE.

You know what else supports my opinion; Todd Bowles, Adam Gase and now Robert Saleh.  These are names you dont not you hire if you're serious about winning. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JiFields said:

This challenge isnt exclusive to @Jet Nut, anyone can participate.  I honestly want to be proven wrong, so please, someone share.

My point is we have no idea how owners are behind the scenes.  
Also throwing tantrums doesn’t prove a thing either way.  Other than for our perception.   

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to change the subject, but who are you leaning to taking for this year's JN Draft??

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Woody’s been mad in the past.

this time he is livid.

yet, no word from him to the public?  That's not the behavior of a livid owner....

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Again, look around the league, when teams start sinking, damn near every owner has something to say, holds some accountability, makes aggressive changes...not Woody. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

My point is we have no idea how owners are behind the scenes.  
Also throwing tantrums doesn’t prove a thing either way.  Other than for our perception.   

Who's asking of a tantrum?   Make yourself available to the media, answer some tough questions, put out a statement...

not a peep

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

As you know and as this board has seen over my years; I dont post on emotion and feels.  I post thoughts based on evidence.  In this scenario, my opinion is supported by evidence; 12 year playoff draught, 7 straight losing seasons, 6 out of 7 years finishing in last place finishes in the AFCE.

You know what else supports my opinion; Todd Bowles, Adam Gase and now Robert Saleh.  These are names you dont not you hire if you're serious about winning. 

I’m going to give woody a small break here and take the stance that he does care and wants to win.

problem is he does not have a clue how to achieve that and continues to listen to others or opinion on what to do.

hire a football ops person. Everyone else jd included report to that person and they are singularly accountable and make all final decisions.

I just wish I knew who that person is

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

I’m going to give woody a small break here and take the stance that he does care and wants to win.

problem is he does not have a clue how to achieve that and continues to listen to others or opinion on what to do.

hire a football ops person. Everyone else jd included report to that person and they are singularly accountable and make all final decisions.

Truth the person he should hire is mangini, let him operate behind the scenes. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

yet, no word from him to the public?  That's not the behavior of a livid owner....

Again, look around the league, when teams start sinking, damn near every owner has something to say, holds some accountability, makes aggressive changes...not Woody. 

I agree.

it was an attempt at sarcasim

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Who's asking of a tantrum?   Make yourself available to the media, answer some tough questions, put out a statement...

not a peep

What does that do?  Make you more Kahn like?  Who cares, changes nothing for me. Kahn was the joke of the NFL a year ago after his GM and Urban Meyer selections.
Amazing what a big bounce you get from selecting easily the top QB of a draft and have him pay off for you.  

The owner is mad after getting drubbed and a 5 game playoff exiting losing streak.....woah!

Don't blame the actual players or the coaches or the gm, like all the guys that actually have an affect on the team, blame the owner!

What a stupid excuse laden cover the asses of those who deserve blame narrative.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Is that not the current structure???  Doesnt JD report Hymie Elhai? 

2 hours ago, usapaw said:

Wash, rinse and repeat. No credible coach wants to come work for the petulant brat. Just walk away Woody. 

EXACTLY.

This is why you get first time coaches and GM's.

Saleh has done a good job.  So has JD.  But if Woody won't stick with it, then Woody is the CONSTANT.  And until Woody sells, nothing will change.

• Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What does that do?  Make you more Kahn like?  Who cares, changes nothing for me. Kahn was the joke of the NFL a year ago after his GM and Urban Meyer selections.
Amazing what a big bounce you get from selecting easily the top QB of a draft and have him pay off for you.  

It creates a culture of winning and letting people know it's not acceptable to be a loser.  I mean, that's a pretty big deal.  Kahn made a big splash hiring Urban, he made a mistake, his rookie QB looked like a bust, he went public w/ that mistake, accepting interviews from anyone and everyone, he was on ESPN answering questions.  And what did he do in response?  Went out and hired a former Super Bowl winning Head Coach...and they just won the division are about to host another home playoff game during his tenure.

So yeah, take a page out of that book and be bold.  Demand excellence.  This isnt trivial dude, he owns the F'ing team.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yet it’s difficult for me to see woody not demanding some sort of significant change or sacrificial body if they fail to score a td today.  The past 4 games have yielded 12/17/6/3 points.  Another sub 10 point showing may tip the scales.

In that same time span, an NFL team has scored that 38 point total in a single game 8 times...

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I looked him up - honestly never knew this or simply did not pay attention.

We are f'd - nothing is changing.

He's certainly part of the problem. If I remember correctly, he has no football background either, yet hes in charge of the entire Jets operation. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It creates a culture of winning and letting people know it's not acceptable to be a loser.  I mean, that's a pretty big deal.  Kahn made a big splash hiring Urban, he made a mistake, his rookie QB looked like a bust, he went public w/ that mistake, accepting interviews from anyone and everyone, he was on ESPN answering questions.  And what did he do in response?  Went out and hired a former Super Bowl winning Head Coach...and they just won the division are about to host another home playoff game during his tenure.

So yeah, take a page out of that book and be bold.  Demand excellence.  This isnt trivial dude, he owns the F'ing team.

Yep. Culture is driven top down at any org. Throughout the Jets struggles there has just been one common thread to cause such organizational incompetence.

• Upvote 2

I can totally understand Woody being pissed off, in fact if he wasn't, that would be a bigger issue imho. Hell, I too am pissed off and have no stake in the team at all except for being a battered, beaten fan of 50 years. I have never been a Saleh fan. I think he's a great person - much like Todd Bowles, both are good DC's, but both are hideously bad head coach(es). I can cite at least 10 games over the past 2 seasons where the team came out unprepared, disinterested, undisciplined, clueless, slow, and / or any other adjective one would use. I do not give them the convenient excuse of coming out "flat" because to me, that is BS. These are pro athletes making millions of dollars. They play once a week. All that is, is a bull sh*t cop out and excuse for being lazy and a total lack of preparation, and / or just not giving a sh*t. Last week in Seattle, they didn't give a sh*t - hell, they didn't give anything. They didn't give a sh*t for the last 6 games of this season tbh.  A once promising 6-3 / 7-4 season turned into this 7-10 debacle of a SOJ season. I am glad the season is over after today so I do not have to listen to, or pay any attention to them for 8 months. Sick of the excuses. Sick of the losing. Sick of hearing coach Salesman taking his stupid assed receipts and tell us how they have to get better. Coach Salesman is sounding like a combination of Charlie Brown's teacher and Richie Kotite to me already, and I am sure the players have tuned him out too, witness the lack of effort over the last 6 games of this sorry season. 

I have been saying forever how I would like nothing more than to come here and write positive pieces on how great our team is, or looking forward to our home playoff game, or any playoff game for that matter, or, god forbid, an AFCCG or SB appearance. I am convinced that I will never see a NYJ home playoff game, AFCCG or SB appearance in my lifetime. It's a constant cycle of picking the wrong FO and CS time after time. Joe B said it best. The names change, the coaches change, the players change, the results never change. He is/was100% right.

Have a nice offseason all. It's time for the big boys to play and for the kids and pretenders to go home as we do every January.

32 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Woody had nothing to do with Gase.  Both Todd  Bowles and Robert Saleh were the de facto “hot hires” at the time they were made. C’mon man JiF, I’m as upset as anyone right now, but let’s keep it a buck.  

Woody has been told for years to, basically, “f*ck off” because his hands on approach was not considered “attractive” to anyone in the NFL.  Now he does it and the notion is the guy doesn’t care?  I’m not a Woody guy either.  I feel gross having to come in here to “defend” him.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I am not really sure how we really can blame Woody for this recent crash and burn team. Over the years he has tried to changing coaches every few years to put a better product on the field. I am sure he wants the team to win just like the rest of us. He is not a football guru by any stretch of the imagination but as a businessman he tries to delegate football operations to what he believes are knowledgeable football people. 

Everyone is looking for someone to blame. Who do you blame for key injuries, the stadium field? Who do you blame for the turn style of players on the OL, JD? Who do you blame for team not preventing a touch down on 4th and 1 or running back a punt for the winning score in the closing minutes the players or the coordinators? Who do you blame for not being able to score TDs when in the red zone? Does it make real sense to fire JD or Saleh at this point in time because Zach has not become the leader of men on the football field or the ability after 2 years to hit layup passes and step up in the pocket, the OC?. 

Woody needs to keep this coaching team together for at least one more year to see if there is further growth and progress into year 3 and finally "win" meaningful games in December instead of the continued GM and coaching regime change every 2 years.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Leon Hess finally did it, why can't Woody? One point to consider with Khan and the Jags that was so much different than the Jets was that Meyer embarrassed the Jags with that Ohio state co-ed biz. Khan's decision was easy. And having Trevor was a really good icebreaker. I still firmly believe if we had the #1 pick in 2021, JD would have hired Peterson 10 mins after the Eagles fired him.

• Upvote 1