Cimini: Woody was livid after SEA loss

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

You're all emotion here, brother.  I dont care what fans think.  Settle down and use logic.

Now, name the teams that interviewed or even considered hiring Robert Saleh.

New York Jets hire 49ers DC Robert Saleh as new head coach

Published: Jan 14, 2021 at 10:22 PM

NFLN_Talent_Headshots_1400x1000_Jelani_Scott

Jelani Scott

NFL.com Digital Content Producer

•  
  •  
  •  

Robert Saleh has found a new NFL home.

The 49ers defensive coordinator has agreed in principle to a deal to become the new head coach of the New York Jets, the team announced Thursday night.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per informed sources, that Saleh's deal is for five years. 49ers passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur is expected to be the first member of Saleh's first staff and serve as offensive coordinator, Rapoport added.

Saleh's hiring comes after an expansive head-coaching search, one that saw the Jets complete nearly a dozen interviews in an attempt to find the best leader for the team.

Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday that Saleh, a highly sought-after candidate for the past two coaching cycles, was one of the finalists for the position and flew to the New York/New Jersey area for a second interview. Two days later, the Jets secured their guy.

The Falcons, Lions, Jaguars, Eagles and Chargers all had reported interest in Saleh as the answer to their own head coach vacancies. The Texans were the only team to not request an interview with the 41-year-old coach.

The leader of San Francisco's defense for the past four seasons, Saleh was the guiding force behind the unit's transformation into one of the NFL's most devastating defensive groups.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

None of us knows what anyone thinks, feels or indicates behind closed doors.  I can’t believe with all the money and time spent on trying to win that anyone would just not give a shlt if his team is in the bottom or top of standings.  
Most of these owners were fans first.  And if not out of being a fan who wants to go to owners meetings and not be one of the winning owners  group who get to walk around with their chests out.  Kind of seems like human nature to me.  
As opposed to going against human nature off of a tweet by Cimini

This illustrates my point. To you, it’s human nature, because of who you are - and that’s good. I agree with you and hope/wish you’re right.

Reality is, we don’t all have the same moral compass, passion, ethics, or goals. Everything we’ve seen from Woody provides enough anecdotal evidence that @JiFields isn’t wrong. In my opinion.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

With a loss (or tie) today, we'll finish last for the 6th time in the last 7 years.

2019 was a glorious year!

Thank you, Woody and Chris Johnson!  Thank you!!

2022:

image.png.dd7e944ae6b7fef1516d6ff4eeaa83e0.png

2021:

image.png.d37bb8a254c4be31f164a13fa89cb749.png

2020:

image.png.e3dadcffdbbfe4fa1b06ae2be0bac649.png

2019:

image.png.30d004208beee90f2ef8d23cac59679c.png

2018:

image.png.581a669781ad9ac39d9a849efedf8cdf.png

2017:

image.png.545135d4a4712e29b07d6d9fb0dd1710.png

2016:

image.png.bb0cfbbcfebd051d37b40d66c04e11de.png

and with a win today we will have more wins since we won 10 in 2015 seven years ago. 

5 hours ago, JiFields said:

It cracks me up that people actually believe that Woody Johnson cares about winning and would get frustrated over anything Jets related.  This is just a distraction for him, he doesnt give two sh*ts if the Jets win or lose.

I'm going to disagree with you.  On one hand, I think he really does want the Jets to win.  On the other hand, I don't think that Woody is invested emotionally enough to learn about the players and their strengths and weaknesses the way so many Jets fans on this board are invested.

He is an owner of a company that expects the leadership of the team to perform, but wants nothing to do with investing his time to understand the intricacies of the players, the competition, the abilities of the coaching staff, and the needs of what players the team needs to advance.

To me, he is a "missing in action" owner.  He wants to win, but won't invest his time to understand his team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

….they would have a better record if they didnt go with a rookie project QB who missed 4 games changing their entire draft position and strategy 

hence no Sauce, no Garrett, no Breece

are you able to add 2+2?

lol, that’s quite a straw man… you are nothing if not consistent with your clown posts.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I think he has to say this.  But he’s already lobbying for the broncos job, and that’s only b/c of Russ.  They have no draft picks, so why else would he want to go there?  All about the qb. 

Working for the Waltons in Denver with one of the great fan bases and home field advantages?

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

The Falcons, Lions, Jaguars, Eagles and Chargers all had reported interest in Saleh as the answer to their own head coach vacancies. The Texans were the only team to not request an interview with the 41-year-old coach.

Reported interest is not interviewing a candidate.  lol

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Yup, interest can be as trivial as, “give me a list if 10 popular candidates so I can google them”.

I really don’t expect NFL hiring managers to be any better than all the horrible evaluators and hiring managers I’ve encountered across my career.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

how about requesting interviews? do they count?

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

The Texans were the only team to not request an interview with the 41-year-old coach.

• WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, doitny said:

New York Jets hire 49ers DC Robert Saleh as new head coach

Published: Jan 14, 2021 at 10:22 PM

NFLN_Talent_Headshots_1400x1000_Jelani_Scott

Jelani Scott

NFL.com Digital Content Producer

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Robert Saleh has found a new NFL home.

The 49ers defensive coordinator has agreed in principle to a deal to become the new head coach of the New York Jets, the team announced Thursday night.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per informed sources, that Saleh's deal is for five years. 49ers passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur is expected to be the first member of Saleh's first staff and serve as offensive coordinator, Rapoport added.

Saleh's hiring comes after an expansive head-coaching search, one that saw the Jets complete nearly a dozen interviews in an attempt to find the best leader for the team.

Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday that Saleh, a highly sought-after candidate for the past two coaching cycles, was one of the finalists for the position and flew to the New York/New Jersey area for a second interview. Two days later, the Jets secured their guy.

The leader of San Francisco's defense for the past four seasons, Saleh was the guiding force behind the unit's transformation into one of the NFL's most devastating defensive groups.

He got interviewed in Detroit and they weren’t interested. Did you see Dan Campbell easily out coach him during the lions game?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BP said:

He got interviewed in Detroit and they weren’t interested. Did you see Dan Campbell easily out coach him during the lions game?

its hard for me to blame coaching when the QB play has been so horrendous. 

you all want to kill him for the loses which is right, but what about the 7 wins? again with horrible QB play. does he get credit for them? or credit for turning the worst defense in to a top 3? which i think if i heard it right was the 1st time in history that has happend. 

if he had a better QB were in the playoffs and were not even having this conversation. im not sure the best HCs in the league could do better with the QBs we had this year.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, doitny said:

how about requesting interviews? do they count?

I guess, but its reports.  He only interviewed w/ Detroit and NY, two of the most inept teams in all of the league.  So he denied all those other teams to just interview w/ the Jets and Lions?  idk, all good, maybe he was a hot hire

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup, interest can be as trivial as, “give me a list if 10 popular candidates so I can google them”.

I really don’t expect NFL hiring managers to be any better than all the horrible evaluators and hiring managers I’ve encountered across my career.

Agreed but I will say I guess in this example, I think JD led the this hiring process.  I dont think Woody got in the way.  So I digress to a degree but at the end of the day IMO, it always leads back to the head. 

7 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/91136/as-tension-mounts-new-york-jets-offseason-goal-is-to-fix-broken-offense

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was livid after last week's ugly loss to the Seattle Seahawks, team sources said. A five-game losing streak and playoff elimination will do that to a billionaire boss.

On Sunday, they will try to avoid becoming the first Jets team since the 1996 Rich Kotite misfits (1-15) to end the season with six straight losses. If they fall to the Miami Dolphins, Johnson's patience will be tested. It already seems to be eroding. He was visibly angry in the postgame locker room after previous losses as well, according to sources in the room.

This plus Michael Kay saying Woody is all in on Zach…It’s pretty crystal clear what’s happening now. We wanna blame Saleh, Douglas and hate LaFluer. Rightfully so. 
But this is all Woodys doing. 

Id be careful to want Saleh fired because this has the makings of a Gase type hire ahead. He’ll wanna force the next coach to fix and start Zach over anything else. This could get messy. 

Hahahahahahaha...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JetPotato said:

So do something about it, you moron. Pony up the cash and get some proven, winning football people in here for a change.

Get Sean Peyton. Give up the baby powder to Sean.  DO whatever you have to to and get him in here. Call Parcells as well and bring him in as President. He can work from home.?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, genot said:

Three cheers, my good man. Three cheers. All of this falls at the desk of Joe Douglas. He had the hard on for Zach Wilson. He ignored the wishes of others on the coaching staff. That is trade down, get a bunch of extra picks, and that the issues surrounding Darnold were correctable with the right system and players. A titanic error in judgement that ultimately could cost him and others their jobs

Why are people just revising history? Saleh, LaFleur and Douglas were ALL IN on Zach. They said so. They made a big deal about how JD, Saleh and LaFleur all scouted QB separately and ALL came back with Zach as their guy. FFS please stop with this shiite.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

its hard for me to blame coaching when the QB play has been so horrendous. 

you all want to kill him for the loses which is right, but what about the 7 wins? again with horrible QB play. does he get credit for them? or credit for turning the worst defense in to a top 3? which i think if i heard it right was the 1st time in history that has happend. 

if he had a better QB were in the playoffs and were not even having this conversation. im not sure the best HCs in the league could do better with the QBs we had this year.

To me. we won 6 games.  I'm not giving Saleh credit for the miracle against Cleveland.

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To me. we won 6 games.  I'm not giving Saleh credit for the miracle against Cleveland.

When he’s not blowing TO and 4th down decisions, the man is a glorified cheerleader / bystander on the sidelines.

Just stands there with a headset watching like the rest of us.  Pumps his fist after a good play.

He’s basically a beefed up bald Joe Walton minus the nose picking and Jets cap.

10 hours ago, JiFields said:

I wanted Pederson, as I wanted an experienced Head Coach.  So not sure where you're getting the idea nobody wanted him.  I remember that many posters were opposed to McCarthy, which I disagreed w/ as well but who cares?  Neither of them have anything to do with the point I'm making.  

Further, I dont see the owner saying "this is unacceptable" is whining, weird you do but again, I'm not asking Woody to do sh*t.  I'm saying, if he was "livid" you'd expect to see certain behaviors...but you dont, because he doesnt care.

Dude,  nobody wanted him.  I know I did and heard it.  If you did fine, that hardly changes what was being said here.  

10 hours ago, JiFields said:

You're all emotion here, brother.  I dont care what fans think.  Settle down and use logic.

Now, name the teams that interviewed or even considered hiring Robert Saleh.

He interviewed in Detroit and then wanted the Jets job.  That doesn’t mean he wasn’t a hot coordinator/next HC type.  But whatever.  

15 hours ago, JiFields said:

It cracks me up that people actually believe that Woody Johnson cares about winning and would get frustrated over anything Jets related.  This is just a distraction for him, he doesnt give two sh*ts if the Jets win or lose.

JIF this is nonsense and you know it. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1