If you are Joe Douglas…

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Not sure Bryce Young is the prospect worth the cost.  So I dont think I'd be in the offer game.  

On the other hand, if the Bears are looking to take Young, I'd be very interested to hear what they want for Justin Fields. 

That’d be something.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Not sure Bryce Young is the prospect worth the cost.  So I dont think I'd be in the offer game.  

On the other hand, if the Bears are looking to take Young, I'd be very interested to hear what they want for Justin Fields. 

This. See what the cost is for both. You’re desperate. Carr and Jimmy G prob won’t come here. Lamar prob won’t be available. 

Let’s get nuts!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What would you offer, if anything, to go get Bryce Young from the Bears.  It would take a MASSIVE amount from 13, but you could argue that the Jets are a QB away(and maybe a coach)from being very legitimate contenders.

I haven’t really started looking into the draft yet, but I’m not feeling Young esp trading up for him (or any qb). If anything if a qb falls to us and a team offers a trade I’d take it. 

Take a mid round QB and sign a vet. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I’ve been hopelessly willing this into existence since the Texans won their last game… maybe, just maybe the new bears regime wants to pick their own QB. 

• Upvote 3

I like Young but I’m not entirely positive he’s going to be the consensus top guy. Add in Anderson and Carter being excellent defensive prospects and the Bears likely wanting to bring one of them in, I bet there will be a lot of chicken played at the top of the draft.

I’d try to be opportunistic and see if Young or Stroud slides into an area that the team can pounce without giving up too much. Would be awesome if Levis has a good pre-draft process too and leapfrogs at least one of those guys.

Not completely sold on Young and Stroud but I like both and I’d be interested to see what they’d look like on a rookie deal with a good team around them. Better than Wilson, I’d think. Though realistically my heart wants Anthony Richardson and him sitting for a year.

Absolutely no to Justin Fields. Wilson and Moore would be looking out again in no time. 

We’re not trading up for a QB or drafting one. Douglas and Saleh are on a red hot seat and need to win now. They’re not thinking long term.

Carr, Garoppolo or Tannehill will be the starting QB in 2023.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, derp said:

I like Young but I’m not entirely positive he’s going to be the consensus top guy. Add in Anderson and Carter being excellent defensive prospects and the Bears likely wanting to bring one of them in, I bet there will be a lot of chicken played at the top of the draft.

I’d try to be opportunistic and see if Young or Stroud slides into an area that the team can pounce without giving up too much. Would be awesome if Levis has a good pre-draft process too and leapfrogs at least one of those guys.

Not completely sold on Young and Stroud but I like both and I’d be interested to see what they’d look like on a rookie deal with a good team around them. Better than Wilson, I’d think. Though realistically my heart wants Anthony Richardson and him sitting for a year.

Nonzero chance these guys trade up for Levis themselves. I don’t trust that they know what to look for out of qb at all. 

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Absolutely no to Justin Fields. Wilson and Moore would be looking out again in no time. 

You don’t realistically have to worry. That would be commercial suicide for JD. “So you’re trading for the guy you passed on, and Zach is still on the roster?”

• Upvote 1

There are several other QB needy teams within striking distance of the Bears who can offer more.  And, aren’t many teams loaded with Draft picks they can use to trade up after trading away guys like Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, Watson, etc.?

I think the Jets dump Flacco, should keep White and Zach, add a much more capable veteran like Derek Carr or even a Jimmy G.

• Upvote 1