ZACH WILSON’S MOM CALLS OUT RADIO HOST MICHAEL KAY FOR FALSE SPECULATION ABOUT HER FAMILY’S RELATIONSHIP WITH JETS OWNER

TBJ

Zach Wilson’s mom, Lisa, is not sure what the future holds for her son. However, she is confident that her family’s relationship with Jets owner Woody Johnson will not be the reason that the team chooses to keep her son in New York.

zach-wilson-lisa-jets Michael, Zach and Lisa Wilson. (Image courtesy: @lifeaccordintolisa/Instagram)

Zach, in his first two years with the organization, has been less-than-stellar. The former No. 2 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft has completed just 55.2% of his passes with 15 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. He has won just eight of 22 games played.

As a result of his early-career struggles, Zach was benched in favor of Mike White and/or Joe Flacco on multiple occasions in 2022. The team continues stand by their young quarterback amidst his on-field woes, and there is a lot of time for him to turn things around.

Zach is only 23 years old and was thrust into the starting role before he was ready, something that his offensive coordinator wishes was not the case. His career is nowhere near over. It has only just begun.

However, with that all being said, there is always the possibility that the Jets could choose to move on and cut him loose. New York could look to trade Zach Wilson during the offseason, even though its recent support would indicate otherwise.

“We’re committed to him,” head coach Robert Saleh said earlier this week.

Should the Jets stick with Zach Wilson, it will not be because of his family’s relationship with the team owner.

Earlier this week, New York radio host Michael Kay said that “someone close to ownership” told him that Zach Wilson is “definitely” returning to the Jets next year. He added that Johnson’s “close” relationship with his quarterback’s family could be why he remains on the team.

Lisa Wilson, Zach’s mother, says that is entirely untrue. She responded to Kay’s report on Instagram and completely shut it down.

Lisa said that her family only talked to Johnson one time— on the day after her son was drafted.

IMG_2371-582x1024.jpg

Although Lisa did not address whether Zach has received any indication about his future with New York, her response to Kay’s comments made it abundantly clear that the latter half was complete fiction. Johnson and Jets ownership may want to keep their second-year quarterback for a third season, but not because they are close with Lisa, Michael, Josh, Whitney, Micah, Isaac, or Sophie Wilson.

https://www.outkick.com/zach-wilson-mom-lisa-new-york-jets-michael-kay-woody-johnson-trade-release/

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Nothing to see hear you crazy conspiracy theorists. JetBlue.

I can’t stand this BS how many times is this kid Mom going to have to stand up for this kid. It’s pathetic and very telling.

Zach is…less than a fan of his mother’s piggybacking/interference in his career.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I’m sure. Yet she keeps doing it. Not a good look in my opinion only confirms what most believe. 

This family has not the slightest clue on how to manage the NY media. She's just Streisanding her own son. Most would have ignored this conspiracy otherwise but she's indirectly validating it. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

This family has not the slightest clue on how to manage the NY media. She's just Streisanding her own son. Most would have ignored this conspiracy otherwise but she's indirectly validating it. 

It’s like watching a train wreck. Wilson and family are going to single-handedly fracture the structure in this organization, my guess would be that was the issue with the hour and a half late press conference when it came to starting White over Wilson. The coaching staff knew White could run the office better than Wilson, but the issue again was woody. After that, things went south. 

I can’t stand this BS how many times is this kid Mom going to have to stand up for this kid. It’s pathetic and very telling.
Wtf ?? In both incidents involving the mom ... I never heard or saw Zach say a word .... Grow up man, you can't control your mom if she's insane on Instagram.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wtf ?? In both incidents involving the mom ... I never heard or saw Zach say a word .... Grow up man, you can't control your mom if she's insane on Instagram.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Apparently the father can’t either. Grow up? Grown ups don’t behave this way unless they have something to hide. How about her calling out Jet fans there has been more than 2 incidents. Maybe she can play QB.

31 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Was just gonna comment this. The fact this guys mom is so vocal is embarrassing.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, greasyt said:

Michael Kay is a hack..... Always losing the ratings war to Carton and Roberts which is a downright awful show.......if wokESPN had any clue, they would put Rothenberg and DePietro in the Kay show slot because that is the only show worth listening to on that station...... The problem now is they are going against Boomer and will never win the ratings in that slot. Put them along side Carton and I think it would be a different story

They are awful but they were tie with Francessa before he left so it's a bit surprising they are getting killed by Craig Carton....all of these peoples shows are terrible honestly can't take more than 5 minutes.

• Post of the Week 1