The #1 pick and a QB are in play

The Texans are idiots. They won today and lost the #1 pick. 
The Bears aren’t going to go QB, so they’ll probably make the spot available to the highest bidder. (If they don’t they’re as dumb as Houston) 

Bryce Young, and any other QB are on the table now for any team that wants them. We should be at the front of the line, unless you believe a vet nobody else wants is going to take us where we want to go.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, neckdemon said:

fields will flame our within 2 years. might even flame out next year. he's not a qb he is a rb and runningbacks posing as qbs never fare well

His rating is Mike White before the Seahawks game, but he’s Tyreek Hill fast. He’s not going anywhere 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’d be like 3 1st rd picks probably

So we miss out on taking 3 more Darnold’s Becton’s and Wilson’s? I’m okay with that.

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Mark Sanchez, Sam Darnold, Zach Wilson. Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Drafting the right QB is hard, but guess what? Garret Wilson or Sauce Gardener isn’t getting you to the Super Bowl. 
You need a top FQB, and you keep firing your shot until you get one. This board has been yelling to take OL in the 1st for years. How has that worked out?

• More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I'm not sure Young is that sure-fire a prospect to bet the future on. The cost of moving up that far will be absurd.

If we were to go QB, and I really don't think this staff will, it would be trading up for Levis or Stroud if they are falling. 

If we can get Stroud by moving up only 4-5 spots, I’d actually prefer that.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Bears aren’t going to go QB, so they’ll probably make the spot available to the highest bidder. (If they don’t they’re as dumb as Houston) 

Bryce Young, and any other QB are on the table now for any team that wants them. We should be at the front of the line, unless you believe a vet nobody else wants is going to take us where we want to go.

not sure there is a QB out there who is worth the 1st pick.

The Tua size issues are going to scare teams off Young, CJ Stroud is another Ohio State QB, and Levis was OK.

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

There are no good QB’s coming out. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Bryce Young is too small (height and weight) so I wouldn't risk trading the farm for a guy like that. 

And even if we were to make that move, wouldn't it be ridiculous to throw him into the fire in his rookie year after what we've seen with ZW and Sam?  So we're going to trade the farm to draft a QB that we're not even going to use next year?!  That would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

If it was Caleb Williams, however, I'd absolutely make that move.

The window is closed for JD and saleh for a rookie qb. They are safe for now but if next season goes poorly, some big changes will be made. This staff and JD no longer have time to go through the growing pains of another rookie qb. They will be using the picks on players that make this team better immediately…OL, edge, LB and etc or maybe to acquire another veteran qb. it would be career suicide to hitch their wagons to another rookie qb. the window could re open if they have a successful 23 season, but I just don’t see how they do it next season. 2024 would be the earliest in my opinion.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I'm not sure Young is that sure-fire a prospect to bet the future on. The cost of moving up that far will be absurd.

If we were to go QB, and I really don't think this staff will, it would be trading up for Levis or Stroud if they are falling. 

A big no thank you to Levis.

• Upvote 3