Drafting a QB is such a crap shoot...

Kalcott

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Considering big cock Brock has done much better than Trey Lance I think we can maybe say this was more luck than planned.

That team is very QB friendly.

Yes but to be fair, we don't know how Lance would have improved if he got the whole season to play....

It just proves my point about good coaching making it work....Kyle Shanahan is one of the better offensive coaches and playcallers in the league....he's done a great job of helping an inexperienced QB along...

It's not a crap shoot 

The Jets had their eyes closed on the Zach evaluation 

There was nothing on tape that was worthy of the 2 pick. It's that simple

Saying it's a crap shoot exonerates the fools that made this terrible awful decision 

There's no easy fix by the way. You miss at 2 you're going to be a bad team 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yep. And maybe pairing former Defensive Coordinators who are first time HCs with untested staffs aren't a great match for a high draft pick rookie who is clearly Raw and needs appropriate development....

Sanchez

Geno

Darnold

Wilson

Sanchez has the most playoff wins in franchise history. Why is that such a bad cautionary tale? 

11 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Yes but to be fair, we don't know how Lance would have improved if he got the whole season to play....

It just proves my point about good coaching making it work....Kyle Shanahan is one of the better offensive coaches and playcallers in the league....he's done a great job of helping an inexperienced QB along...

I mostly agree I just think of development and play calling as mainly two separate but not completely unrelated things.

BTW, a lot of people wanted shanahan run out of town after his second season in San Fran.

• Upvote 2

The purdy lesson which has been shown over and over is that you build and iron clad team, then worry about the QB.

I mean even the niners blew it with trey lance move but got lucky.  They got lucky that they could not dump garapollo and lucky that purdy had 2/3 of a season to sit and watch.

Purdy as been good but the niners are winning due to their defense having a guy like deebo and the great mccaffery trade

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Yes, but the Organizations that have an actual development plan, and good coaching usually find a way to make it work 

Thank you!

People act like not having a QB coach (Sam Darnold) or hiring an OC with ZERO experience (MLF) is somehow an act of GOD or an ACCIDENT, when it it is neither!

But rather it does consistently reflect piss poor organizational planning that has spanned well over a DECADE and it has to STOP!!!

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

People act like not having a QB coach (Sam Darnold) or hiring an OC with ZERO experience (MLF) is somehow an act of GOD or an ACCIDENT, when it it is neither!

But rather it does consistently reflect piss poor organizational planning that has spanned well over a DECADE and it has to STOP!!!

The coaching infrastructure has been poor for Wilson.

But it was still a bad pick.

When healthy, MW, Flacco, and even Josh Johnson had their moments.

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Sanchez has the most playoff wins in franchise history. Why is that such a bad cautionary tale? 

Really? 

What happened when he wasn't totally carried by the best Oline and Running game and #1 D in the league?

He was trash. That's what