image.png.49f5a3a4ecbcf27df65c34f92695bead.png

Buffalo: Josh Allen

Cincy: Joe Burrow

Baltimore: Lamar

Jax: Trevor

KC: Mahomes

Chargers: Herbert

Miami: Tua (though he's injured)

How the heck are the Jets going to get through in a conference with all these superstar QBs?!  And they're all young.

I don't think there's a path for us without somehow finding a FQB.  We're talking about Derek Carr for the Jets.  In other words, we are nowhere close to being serious contenders.   

Also, once these young guys start to get paid, we're effed.  Supposedly Quinnen wants $30M per year.  I can't blame him but how the heck are we going to afford a QB?!  The good feelings from last year's offseason might not last very long at all.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

image.png.49f5a3a4ecbcf27df65c34f92695bead.png

Buffalo: Josh Allen

Cincy: Joe Burrow

Baltimore: Lamar

Jax: Trevor

KC: Mahomes

Chargers: Herbert

Miami: Tua (though he's injured)

How the heck are the Jets going to get through in a conference with all these superstar QBs?!  And they're all young.

I don't think there's a path for us without somehow finding a FQB.  We're talking about Derek Carr for the Jets.  In other words, we are nowhere close to being serious contenders.   

Also, once these young guys start to get paid, we're effed.  Supposedly Quinnen wants $30M per year.  I can't blame him but how the heck are we going to afford a QB?!  The good feelings from last year's offseason might not last very long at all.

Yup.....people think it's gonna be smooth sailing to upgrade the team and get into the playoffs.....we never know what happens with injuries and teams playing poorly year to year....but we'll be bringing a knife to a gunfight for the foreseeable future at QB.....

What happened in 2020, and having nothing to show for it by massively striking out at the #2 pick i'm afraid will set us back in the long run....Jets are in purgatory

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

You guys are all gun shy because of Darnold and Wilson. 

Keep drafting QBs in the 1st round. It’s hard to get a good one, but you have to keep trying. 
Guys like QW or Sauce are great, but they’re not why teams are perennial contenders and win Super Bowls. 
Having a great QB does that.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You guys are all gun shy because of Darnold and Wilson. 

Keep drafting QBs in the 1st round. It’s hard to get a good one, but you have to keep trying. 
Guys like QW or Sauce are great, but they’re not why teams are perennial contenders and win Super Bowls. 
Having a great QB does that.

I would have completely disagreed with you a few weeks ago but might as well keep swinging just take a guy at 13 if a QB drops.....Derek Carr aint it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, August said:

There is always turnover from year to year at least 3-4 of those teams won’t be in the playoffs next year. 

You think Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert, Jackson and Watson are going to start missing the playoffs from now on?
There might be that rare year one or maybe two do, but come on. The first 3 won’t unless they get hurt, and the next 4 will always be there or fighting to get in.

How many spots does that leave to fight over the next 5 years or so?

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You think Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert, Jackson and Watson are going to start missing the playoffs from now on?
There might be that rare year one or maybe two do, but come on. The first 3 won’t unless they get hurt, and the next 4 will always be there or fighting to get in.

How many spots does that leave to fight over the next 5 years or so?

The same 7 teams are making the playoffs again next season? 

Last season these were the teams. Titans, Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Raiders, Patriots and Steelers. 

Titans, Raiders, Pats and Steelers missed the playoffs. So yeah at least 3/4 of those teams will miss the playoffs. 

The Jets have a solid young core and all is not hopeless but totally whiffing on the 2OA QB pick is a very big problem. It means we now have to spend 30-40 million dollars on a Carr or JG starting that we could have spent elsewhere upgrading the roster. Stunned at how poorly JD has done when it comes to QB and Oline. 

40 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Brock Purdy

Geno Smith

Daniel Jones 

You don’t need a superstar QB if you have a good coaching staff, offensive line, running game, and defense.  

Or if you’re in a crappy conference 

18 minutes ago, August said:

The same 7 teams are making the playoffs again next season? 

Last season these were the teams. Titans, Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Raiders, Patriots and Steelers. 

Titans, Raiders, Pats and Steelers missed the playoffs. So yeah at least 3/4 of those teams will miss the playoffs. 

You completely missed my point, because you’re only concerned about what you said in your first post.
Go back and read what I said, and we can debate it later if you like.

28 minutes ago, peebag said:

Lol  - they'll all go far in the playoffs 

28 minutes ago, peebag said:

Lol  - they'll all go far in the playoffs 

If someone would have told you in the beginning of the season that Geno Smith would help lead the Seahawks to the playoffs, you have laughed in their face.  Brock Who?  Everyone knew Daniel Jones sucked, even my Giant fan friends hated the guy and wanted the team to draft a quarterback this year.    How about Jared Goff leading the Lions to the playoffs, beating Green bay IN Green bay, to do it?

My point? You never know who is going to step up.   Every year is different.  Hell I would even take a Davis Mills type at this point.    Maybe we can send a 3rd or 4th round pick for Jordan Love.  I would definitely take a chance on a young player stuck behind a veteran if w we can't get a Carr or a Jackson in FA.  

20 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

If someone would have told you in the beginning of the season that Geno Smith would help lead the Seahawks to the playoffs, you have laughed in their face.  Brock Who?  Everyone knew Daniel Jones sucked, even my Giant fan friends hated the guy and wanted the team to draft a quarterback this year.    How about Jared Goff leading the Lions to the playoffs, beating Green bay IN Green bay, to do it?

My point? You never know who is going to step up.   Every year is different.  Hell I would even take a Davis Mills type at this point.    Maybe we can send a 3rd or 4th round pick for Jordan Love.  I would definitely take a chance on a young player stuck behind a veteran if w we can't get a Carr or a Jackson in FA.  

You’ve got to be kidding.
 the Lions did make the playoffs ? and good luck with Davis Mills or Jordan Love.