Quinnen: Pay me or else not showing up

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Anybody smell a trade coming up?  Hey, a QW and ZW package deal!  Two for the  price of one!

:-)

But seriously, mixed feelings.  He's a stud, but how much cap do the Jets want in a DL when they have to rebuild much of the offense (QB, C, OT)?

They aren't in rebuild mode. Draft a center, sign a safety, OL, LB and vet QB. We don't have many holes - guys that are hurt won't be hurt next year, at least until the games start. ;)  We have a very solid roster that is a playoff roster if important players don't get hurt. OL we have AVT, Mitchell, and Becton coming back. Add one more vet and pick one in the draft (best center?). Imagine Breece running behind a healthy AVT and Becton! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, this isn’t going to end well.

Next comes the anti QW propaganda campaign by the Jets FO to their lackeys in the media. 
By April more than half the board will buy in and Q will have become the greedy bad guy. 

Nobody hates paying their best players like Jet fans do. I can hear it now…. ”it was a contract year” “we can’t pay a DT that kinda money” the cap, oh the cap” “what about the OL”

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Q is my current favorite player, but if Adams got two number 1’s what kind of a haul could he bring in?  

Id explore the trade maybe to Chicago for the number 1 pick? 

We are in the point in this regime that we shouldn't worry about getting a truckload of picks anymore.

• Upvote 1

Like some said earlier you've earned respect and a new fat contract.  But one day after losing 6 straight to ruin the season?  Jeez can any of these guys get some PR training?  Lets try this approach on for size:

"Right now I am just trying to understand how are season went off the rails.  I love the team and am proud of our efforts.  I think I made strides towards being the player I always believed I could be.  I hope the organization recognizes that and thinks of as one of the leaders of the team that can turn this around so we never feel this way again.  I know I'm coming into a contract year and will let my agent handle all of that.  I'm gonna take a short rest and then start preparing to build on this year and come back better and ready to kick some ass next year."     

• Upvote 1

The New York Jets informed defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson of his release on Wednesday, the team announced.

In 2016, Wilkerson signed a five-year, $86 million extension with the Jets. Two disappointing seasons and $36.8 million later, he's back on the market. Wilkerson was projected to earn around $20 million in 2018, but will now count just $6 million against the salary cap. The Jets free up $11 million in salary-cap space by cutting the 28-year-old pass rusher.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The New York Jets informed defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson of his release on Wednesday, the team announced.

In 2016, Wilkerson signed a five-year, $86 million extension with the Jets. Two disappointing seasons and $36.8 million later, he's back on the market. Wilkerson was projected to earn around $20 million in 2018, but will now count just $6 million against the salary cap. The Jets free up $11 million in salary-cap space by cutting the 28-year-old pass rusher.

So don’t sign Q because of Wilkerson? Is that what you’re inferring?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, peebag said:

One franchise tag, coming up!

Why would you not pay him?

Healthy, has improved year over year, only 25, I believe led the league in sacks by an interior lineman, team MVP, no off the field problems.   If you aren't going to extend a player like that, who would you?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I got no problem with Q saying this.

I got no problem paying him.

Of all the players currently on the Jets, Q is probably one of the last ones I would expect to get paid, then all of a sudden become a lazy slob bust.

Kid should be a cornerstone of this team for the next 5-10 years.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Your think this new YouTube Tv deal will help increase the salary cap as well. 

I wonder what the projected 23’ cap is with this new streaming deal officially starting.

That reminds me...gotta cancel Directv today...I wonder how much I've spent since 1997 to watch crappy Jets football.

I'd imagine I could have a few PSL for the amount I've paid to Directv