Did Connor Hughes tweet that the Jets will be first in line if Lamar Jackson is made available?

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I'd imagine the scenario would have to play out where the Ravens don't reach an agreement on an extension, they try to tag him, and Lamar refuses to play under the franchise tag....opening the door for the Ravens to trade him

Look, I'm a Lamar fan....wouldn't have mind drafting him in 2018.....he's one of the most electrifying athletes ever to play the position...and I believe he's severely underrated as a passer......but I do have to take a step back and look at how 2 years in a row his injury cost the Ravens the playoffs in 2021, and the division in 2022, and why such a smart organization is so hesitant on paying him his worth when it seems like a no brainer to just give him the deal. He's young but with an injury history and his style of play, can't expect it to improve.....I love the IDEA of getting Lamar Jackson and finally having a franchise QB, but the idea may not match the reality of what you're signing up for........

if we somehow did end up with Lamar ... you'd need to have a seriously good backup who is similar in style for when he inevitably misses time. ZW and MW absolutely are not it!

• Upvote 1

my personal opinion is that Lamar isnt the type of guy Douglas wants to build around regardless of compensation. Douglas came from the Raven's, and beyond that some of the stories you hear about LJ ghosting people and lack of proper representation are pretty out there.

• Upvote 3

Let me get this right the team which can sign him is reluctant because they have concerns about his " dedication" to football, and who had to design a specific offense for him should be overlooked by a team in the Jets who have concerns about a gym rat in Wilson because he may literally burn himself out by being too dedicated and for whom they wouldn't change their offense for at all......

Hmmmmmmm seems like just the Jetsy thing that they would do!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Imagine after whiffing on Zach Wilson the Jets gut their future for Lamar Jackson and then he gets hurt. Quinnen Williams is getting paid too.

I can totally see them doing it, jobs are on the line now. And I’ll be laughing when they only tack on 1-2 additional years of their career here. 

F*ck it...we have the TEs, we have the RB, we have the DEF. His play style will help make up for some of the OL woes. Trust Douglas to hit on his picks outside round 1. By the time Lamar's money is up is when we'll have to pay the rest of the team.

Can you win with him...idk

It will be fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

How is “if he becomes available” make the Jets interest a fantasy?

if he becomes available is a river boat fantasy.  Lets do one of these threads for Patrick Mahomes and josh Allen as well. (if they become available)

Baltimore is almost totally reliant on him to make them a winning team.  Any and all of this is just posturing.

Connor Hughes is a clown

Jackson wants to be the highest paid QB in the league and it’s going to take multiple 1st round picks to get him.

He’s missed a bunch of games over the last two years, needs a Greg Roman style offense completely tailored to his strengths and you have to legitimately wonder what caliber player he’s going to be as that 4.3 speed begins to deteriorate.

It’s going to end up being either Carr or Garoppolo for the Jets moving forward.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Wait until all the Jets fans say no to a MVP QB and say that we should go after the  Jordan Love's of the world

You have people here who look at both derek carr and jacoby brissett and say give me brissett, so you're right, going to be fun when fans say no to a 26 year old mvp qb and beg for baker mayfield.

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

if we somehow did end up with Lamar ... you'd need to have a seriously good backup who is similar in style for when he inevitably misses time. ZW and MW absolutely are not it!

Even if Lamar didn't have an injury history.....signing him to be QB1 takes a level of commitment I'm not sure this coaching staff understands.....can you imagine MLF trying to turn him into a pocket passer?! ? and yes you would need a similar dual threat backup to keep the offense intact...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Untouchable said:

Connor Hughes is a clown

Jackson wants to be the highest paid QB in the league and it’s going to take multiple 1st round picks to get him.

He’s missed a bunch of games over the last two years, needs a Greg Roman style offense completely tailored to his strengths and you have to legitimately wonder what caliber player he’s going to be as that 4.3 speed begins to deteriorate.

It’s going to end up being either Carr or Garoppolo for the Jets moving forward.

If they keep saleh and MLF they are so intent on their own system they’ll want a guy to run it, if only to prove it works. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Connor Hughes is a clown

I agree with you, but the devil's advocate is Jackson is only 26...he's going to be very fast, for a very long time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Connor Hughes is a clown

Give him our 13th and next years in a heart beat. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Wait until all the Jets fans say no to a MVP QB and say that we should go after the  Jordan Love's of the world

I'll say no.

Multiple 1st rounders to trade for him, 5 year contract, 200 million guaranteed to a guy who has been injured the last 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

the streveler offense was some of the best offense ran this season.  lamar can actually throw the ball though!

heard someone say they think they'll let lamar go out and try and find a 200M+ deal - i say F it, do it Woody.  you're upping ticket prices, put that straight to Lamar.

• More Ugh 1