Kingsbury fired

Rhg1084

Obvious move, also utterly stupid when these teams sign long term extensions when they do not have to,  

This is a cautionary tale as a lot of teams get so far and then take a huge nose dive, it is easy going from 2 to 4 to 7 wins.  It is really hard going further than that to a perennial playoff team.

Get ready for the Kyler Murray to the jets rumors

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, section314 said:

This is an interesting one. 4 years ago, the year of the fateful Gase hire, wasn’t Kingsbury the supposed first choice? Sam was in year 2. Is Kingsbury a good QB developer? 

He was more a cult favorite than a first choice.

I’ll be honest, I was one of the few who did want him to be the guy here.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

This is why I hate the stupid narrative the Jets are impatient with their staffs.

Houston and Arizona are those franchises. Not the Jets

The Jets have never been impatient they just hire and draft the wrong people.......it seems people are confusing the two.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

He was more a cult favorite than a first choice.

I’ll be honest, I was one of the few who did want him to be the guy here.

Thanks. I was wondering if there was real interest if it would be for him to work with Sam at the time. Eerily similar situation now.?

My man.. Id love to have him as OC here. I'm not sure what his plans are as this is new information to everyone. That said, I do not expect him to get back into college coaching even if a HC position was offered. Never say never but I highly doubt it. 

Get those Texas Tech boys to NYC!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RJIII said:

My man.. Id love to have him as OC here. I'm not sure what his plans are as this is new information to everyone. That said, I do not expect him to get back into college coaching even if a HC position was offered. Never say never but I highly doubt it. 

Get those Texas Tech boys to NYC!

I figured you’d be in here soon. ?
Did you ever get back in the game?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If I’m Kingsbury, I take a year off, relax and bang every hot number I can from LA to Arizona during the week, and then hitting Vegas on the weekends.

No way I’m playing second fiddle to a lame duck HC in NJ next year. ?

Seriously......... Or if he invested well, he never has to work another day........ better yet, he has the pretty boy looks to be the latest up and coming analyst/broadcaster on NFL Network, ESPN, wherever