NFL Coaching Carousel

Figured start a thread to follow coaching decisions around the league, including our own. 

There's a 50/50 shot LaFleur remains. Others will be replaced and there will be new roles created if he remains with specific focus on coaching the QBs/passing game. Some names to keep an eye on who the Jets may look into for a coordinator/positional coaching positions

• Nathanial Hackett (fired by DEN)
  • Rich Scangarello (fired by Kentucky) 
  • Kliff Kingsbury (fired by ARI) 
  • Gary Kubiak
  • Cameron Turner (ARI) 
  • Klint Kubiak (DEN)
  • Jason Vrable (GB) 
  • Greg Olson (LAR) 
  • Zac Robinson (LAR) 
  • Darrell Bevell (MIA)
  • Brian Johnson (PHI) 
  • Shane Day (SF) 
  • Klay Kubiak (SF) 
  • Upvote 4

Pretty sure he gets paid regardless 

Yes and no. The fired coach has an obligation to midigate or look for work that offsets that contract. If he finds another job the Cardinal’s get a dollar for dollar discount on the remainder of the contract. Most are better off sitting out or like Gase did, go coach high school for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Yes and no. The fired coach has an obligation to midigate or look for work that offsets that contract. If he finds another job the Cardinal’s get a dollar for dollar discount on the remainder of the contract. Most are better off sitting out or like Gase did, go coach high school for a few years.

Some coaches have terms in their agreements that permit them to double-dip. Would have to see the language of his deal to know for sure

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kingsbury will at least take a year or so off.

After the pressure cooker of nfl coaching why work if you don't have to?

He can return to the pros or college in a year or so after recharging.

Remember that house he had from the draft?

he is going to live the Charlie Harper life for a year - bang hookers and chill till 24

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

The contract will be very explicit.  The duty to mitigate is a bit complicated because KK may not be expected to move from Arizona to Green Bay, for example.  But then again, if I was an NFL team I would write in that the coach needs to make reasonable efforts to find another position with any other NFL team.  

50 minutes ago, RSJ said:

None of them are coming to the Jets.

Do you have a reason for them not coming to the team? Just off the top of my head this team is not far away i would gather we are a QB away especially with the talent we do have on both sides of the ball. I get the OL was a sh*t show but lets see what it will be once we get some guys healthy. This is a talented team outside the QB position .

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Figured start a thread to follow coaching decisions around the league, including our own. 

There's a 50/50 shot LaFleur remains. Others will be replaced and there will be new roles created if he remains with specific focus on coaching the QBs/passing game. Some names to keep an eye on who the Jets may look into for a coordinator/positional coaching positions

• Nathanial Hackett (fired by DEN)
  • Rich Scangarello (fired by Kentucky) 
  • Kliff Kingsbury (fired by ARI) 
  • Gary Kubiak
  • Cameron Turner (ARI) 
  • Klint Kubiak (DEN)
  • Jason Vrable (GB) 
  • Greg Olson (LAR) 
  • Zac Robinson (LAR) 
  • Darrell Bevell (MIA)
  • Brian Johnson (PHI) 
  • Shane Day (SF) 
  • Klay Kubiak (SF) 

Thanks for sticking around and sharing some of your information. ?

• Upvote 1

Do you have a reason for them not coming to the team? Just off the top of my head this team is not far away i would gather we are a QB away especially with the talent we do have on both sides of the ball. I get the OL was a sh*t show but lets see what it will be once we get some guys healthy. This is a talented team outside the QB position .

Well a few reasons. There are other openings with coaches who will be starting from day 1. Also I am not sure how well these guys know Saleh. What ties into that point is that if Saleh only wins 7 games next year he is getting fired - therefore these coaches are getting fired too. I am not going to debate how close the Jets are because while there is no doubt talent there - this isnt like the 99 Bucs who lost deep into the playoffs. This is a team that didnt even make the playoffs. Its a tough sell for anyone to come here. Dont get your hopes up for a big name.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Well a few reasons. There are other openings with coaches who will be starting from day 1. Also I am not sure how well these guys know Saleh. What ties into that point is that if Saleh only wins 7 games next year he is getting fired - therefore these coaches are getting fired too. I am not going to debate how close the Jets are because while there is no doubt talent there - this isnt like the 99 Bucs who lost deep into the playoffs. This is a team that didnt even make the playoffs. Its a tough sell for anyone to come here. Dont get your hopes up for a big name.

Same sh*t different year/Decade it appears.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I heard the Kubiak (Gary) interest is v v real; the question is whether or not it would be as OC or Senior Asst.

My guess would be an advisor/asst.

If he's physically healthy enough to work in the NFL full time again......getting him even if it's in a senior offensive assistant capacity would be a slam dunk! Sign me up.....

• Upvote 1