Saleh - "We'll definitely hire a senior offensive assistant"

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Have you seen the designs of the run plays? They take for ever to develop and there is always a free defender running unabated to the ball carrier. It's like they design plays on their electric football game or something.

The TEs suck at blocking, too.  They add nothing.

Conklin can't block.  Uzomah is invisible.  Dude is producing a Broadway play in-season and showing up to must-win games in bunny suits.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

I know Steve Young is Zach's bestie, but LaFleur just sounds horrible for this job. Still needs a couple years on the bench to learn. 

Multiple WR's had issues/called out the offense.

He's gotta be told to feed GW the ball.

Has no idea how to implement talent.

Has a ridiculous notion that WRs have to know all positions on the field to even have a chance. 

What's good about him? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I know Steve Young is Zach's bestie, but LaFleur just sounds horrible for this job. Still needs a couple years on the bench to learn. 

Has a ridiculous notion that WRs have to know all positions on the field to even have a chance. 

What's good about him? 

Besides saleh is there anyone who is all in?

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

What does this mean “quiet the room”. Was cavanaugh at milfy’s throat?  Saleh keeps talking about making decisions with his staff but when his boy gets confronted he protects him? Let milfy take it. He’s a big boy.

they hired Beck after Zach came back from his injury. so it was MLF, Cav, Calabrese and Beck. probably thought they all could help Zach. they didnt so they get rid of 2 and now MLF got hurt.

im glad to hear there bringing in help cause there not caring about babying Zach anymore. good sign were getting a legit QB 1.

• WTF? 1

57 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

For anyone that suggests that this is minor....I remember Tom Moore specifically brought in to increase Sanchez's red zone production and he actually did by a decent margin....and that was Mark Sanchez who was terrible.

Getting Gary Kubiak would be an absolute game changer. The guy made Matt Schaub into a franchise QB lol

He didn’t just improve it, I’m pretty sure the Jets and Sanchez had a top, if not THE top, Red Zone offense in 2011.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

ok I am now Mike LaFleur's #1 fan

LOL "tough love"

Wilson has been coddled from day 1.  LaFleur probably told him to grow the frick up.

Tough love…when he didn’t need it. For the lowest rated QB in football. Unreal.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

I get the bad vibes but have you actually looked at his background?

This.  

And it’s not like there was only one guy who can develop QBs, understand the system, and aren’t already OCs or head coaches.   But there are probably like only 10-15, and they all had jobs when Knapp passed.  A bunch of them realize they can make a lot more bank by just being a private coach to a lot more individuals than 1 main guy and a couple backups.

The second year - there’s no excuse for not bringing someone in.  But the fact that there are a limited number of quality coaches who are happy being QB whisperers, want to work for one team,  and don’t have other options - i mean it’s a legit problem.

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You could probably say this about a number of offensive players as well.  There are number of prominent guys who, as of today, who do not want LaFleur back in any capacity.  I think exit interviews will play into Mike’s future here.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

What's good about him? 

Took him like 4 games to make Breece RB1 also. Such a joke.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You could probably say this about a number of offensive players as well.  There are number of prominent guys who, as of today, who do not want LaFleur back in any capacity.  I think exit interviews will play into Mike’s future here.

Whatever it takes to get him out.?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Wouldn't  OC out rank OA?

The best way I can describe LaFleur’s role: he wants to run the offense as if he were playing Madden. He wants to build the playbook, the scheme, the game plan, and call the plays, but he wants the positional coaches to do the dirty work. He wants the positional coaches to translate his intentions to the players and have them be the primary communicators/teachers of their own positional groups. Extremely unrealistic and naive to think that would work

Adding a guy like Kubiak would basically be anointing him as the co-OC titles be damned. He would have a greater role in terms of helping manage the offensive staff day-to-day, being more involved in the nitty gritty work with the QBs, while supporting MLF.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, football guy said:

Adding a guy like Kubiak would basically be anointing him as the co-OC titles be damned. He would have a greater role in terms of helping manage the offensive staff day-to-day, being more involved in the nitty gritty work with the QBs, while supporting MLF.

I wonder if Gary Kubiak joined if he’s bring one or multiple sons with him to be QB coaches, offensive assistants etc.

It would be insurance in case MLF still isn’t getting it done next year and as play-calling duties taken and eventually relieved of his job…all hypotheticals but you need to buy umbrellas before it starts raining not after.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Senior assistant sounds like an old timer vet?

Todd Haley

Ken Whisenhunt

Mike Mularkey

Cam Cameron

Jay Gruden

Ben McAdoo

Norv Turner

Jim Caldwell

Would have to be a guy that actually wants to get back into the game.  What other names can we add to the list? 

Nathaniel Hackett would basically revive his career if he could get Zach to be a top 15 QB. 

• Sympathy 1