Saleh - "We'll definitely hire a senior offensive assistant"

2 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Zach wanted a coach on the sidelines with him to coach him up during games

Jets proceeded by putting MLF in the booth and hiring nobody to replace Greg Knapp as a tenured QB groomer

CIRCUS

Again, that assumes some brilliant coach can babble a magical series of instructions that somehow makes Zach Wilson unscared to death of 6'5" edge guys who have 4.6 speed and are looking to crush him like a pretzel. Knapp's death was clearly tragic. But this unicorn of a coach doesn't exist. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Again, that assumes some brilliant coach can babble a magical series of instructions that somehow makes Zach Wilson unscared to death of 6'5" edge guys who have 4.6 speed and are looking to crush him like a pretzel. Knapp's death was clearly tragic. But this unicorn of a coach doesn't exist. 

Alex Smith was WORSE THAN ZACH WILSON

Geno BUM

Darnold BUM

Lawrence BUM

there's tons of examples where an OC/HC changed a QB

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Alex Smith was WORSE THAN ZACH WILSON

Geno BUM

Darnold BUM

Lawrence BUM

there's tons of examples where an OC/HC changed a QB

Interesting you bring up Alex Smith, to me he would be on the list of guys to bring in to help the offense.

Probably unlikely he would be interested but he is a highly respected person due to his comeback from the awful injury,  he made himself into a decent QB after failing hard early on.  Patrick Mahomes gives him massive credit for helping him become the QB he is today.  He was part of the Andy Reid regime.  Young enough to relate to today's game and players.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

No coach is fixing Zach.  Buy a clue.

I mean you say that... But I'm pretty sure people said the same about another Jets bust.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/02/heroes-zeros-from-jets-loss-to-seahawks-geno-smiths-cruel-revenge/

Hero

Geno Smith ending the Jets’ playoff hopes is almost too cruel to be true. The 32-year-old Smith rarely missed throws all day and played a cool and competent game to lead the Seahawks to what ultimately became an easy win.

Zero

Mike White just wasn’t good enough in a must-win game. White threw an interception on the Jets’ first drive and seemed a little bit off all day, with his second pick essentially sealing the game for Seattle early in the fourth quarter.

46 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Lol Alex Smith was 10x better than Zach wilson. Zach wilson is literally at Ryan Leaf level of suckitude

LOL you are absolutely CLUELESS

Alex Smith was completing 49% of his passes and had 2 TDs and 4 picks in YEAR 3

he had 1 TD and 11 picks in year 1 with 50% completes!!

stop listening to bozo talking heads and learn the sport

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

LOL you are absolutely CLUELESS

Alex Smith was completing 49% of his passes and had 2 TDs and 4 picks in YEAR 3

he had 1 TD and 11 picks in year 1 with 50% completes!!

stop listening to bozo talking heads and learn the sport

lol. i know its hard to accept that zach wilson is like in the top 3 of worst 1st round qbs ever selected....but its the truth. you are trying to cherry pick 2 seasons in whic smith played hurt (one of which was his rookie year) to prove some bullsh*t point. alex smith wasn't a very good qb.....but he is still head and shoulders above zach wilson. wilson can't even complete the lay-up throws. he is absolute trash and will never com close to having a season like alex smith's best. wilson is a piece of sh*t as far as being an nfl qb goes. call me the day wilson has a 4000 yd season with a 5% td % and 1% int rate. it's never gonna happen. if you can't watch that pile of grabage play and determine that he is total ass then it's YOU who NEEDS TO LEARN THE SPORT ya dolt

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

lol. i know its hard to accept that zach wilson is like in the top 3 of worst 1st round qbs ever selected....but its the truth. you are trying to cherry pick 2 seasons in whic smith played hurt (one of which was his rookie year) to prove some bullsh*t point. alex smith wasn't a very good qb.....but he is still head and shoulders above zach wilson. wilson can't even complete the lay-up throws. he is absolute trash and will never com close to having a season like alex smith's best. wilson is a piece of sh*t as far as being an nfl qb goes. call me the day wilson has a 4000 yd season with a 5% td % and 1% int rate. it's never gonna happen. if you can't watch that pile of grabage play and determine that he is total ass then it's YOU who NEEDS TO LEARN THE SPORT ya dolt

yeah NOW he is you dumb bastard

nothing is cherry picked about it those are his 1st 3 year numbers you nitwit Zach is in his 2nd year

the mental gymnastics you goofs go through is hilarious he was CLEARLY MUCH MUCH WORSE THAN ZACH WILSON

1 TD 11 picks. 2 TDs 4 picks 49% completes. IN YEAR 3. smarten up fool ? the guys rating was 40 LMFAO ?

your dog sh*t opinion doesnt change the facts kid, sorry

Just now, FactsOnly said:

yeah NOW he is you dumb bastard

the mental gymnastics you goofs go through is hilarious he was CLEARLY MUCH MUCH WORSE THAN ZACH WILSON

1 TD 11 picks 2 TDs 4 picks 49% completes smarten up fool ? the guys rating was in the 40s ?

your dog sh*t opinion doesnt change the facts kid, sorry

wow dumb bastard huh? lol. always amazes me the balls people have over the internet. you are definitely one of those people who grew up talking too much sh*t behind his keyboard and hasn't been punched in the face nearly enough while growing up

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

wow dumb bastard huh? lol. always amazes me the balls people have over the internet. you are definitely one of those people who grew up talking too much sh*t behind his keyboard and hasn't been punched in the face nearly enough while growing up

a paragraph full of nothing to do with Alex Smith being infinitely worse than Zach Wilson

try again chump

2 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

a paragraph full of nothing to do with Alex Smith being infinitely worse than Zach Wilson

try again chump

you do realize personal attacks don't prove your point right? you won't last long here. it's a pretty lenient place but the personal attacks don't go over well. grow up 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

you do realize personal attacks don't prove your point right? you won't last long here. it's a pretty lenient place but the personal attacks don't go over well. grow up 

this guy is a total clown you were the one making personal attacks first fool

ill post it again since you cant read good

1 TD 11 picks. 2 TDs 4 picks 49% completes. IN YEAR 3. smarten up kid ? the guys rating was 40 LMFAO ?

charlton heston laughing GIF

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

You can disagree without being a disagreeable knucklehead.

This "Facts" lad is getting very close to line with the above. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

this guy is a total clown you were the one making personal attacks first fool

ill post it again since you cant read good

1 TD 11 picks. 2 TDs 4 picks 49% completes. IN YEAR 3. smarten up kid ? the guys rating was 40 LMFAO ?

charlton heston laughing GIF

nope....you are all over this thread calling people fools and whatnot and your first response to me was patronizing which is why you were responded to in the way you were. the rest of your responses just prove your immaturity......you'll be banned soon enough and the forum will be better for it. also if you are going to question someone's literacy ability it's probably better if you knew proper grammar. it's "read well" not "read good" lol

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You can disagree without being a disagreeable knucklehead.

This "Facts" lad is getting very close to line with the above. 

he's already crossed the line. most of his responses are either patronizing and just calling peopel who disagree with him idiots and dumb bastards. just a classless buffoon internet tough guy

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

he's already crossed the line. most of his responses are either patronizing and just calling peopel who disagree with him idiots and dumb bastards. just a classless buffoon internet tough guy

When you find dog sh*t on your shoe, scrape it off. Don't engage it. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

nope....you are all over this thread calling people fools and whatnot and your first response to me was patronizing which is why you were responded to in the way you were. the rest of your responses just prove your immaturity......you'll be banned soon enough and the forum will be better for it. also if you are going to question someone's literacy ability it's probably better if you knew proper grammar. it's "read well" not "read good" lol

Complains about stats

i post stats for the 5th time

Guy continues to write more paragraphs rambling about nonsense that has nothing to do with Alex Smith

Tom Cruise Laugh GIF

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Complains about stats

Guy continues to write more paragraphs rambling about nonsense that has nothing to do with Alex Smith

Tom Cruise Laugh GIF

Your arugment is that-

Alex Smith sucked  at beginning of his career worse than Wilson. However once he figured, some things out, Smith had some success, and some rough seasons too. And  he was a servicable and sometimes very good. .And   did so against often great odds, including as serious a leg injury as any QB has ever sustained, and came back from bad injuries several times. In fact his injuris arguably  stemmed because he stayed in the pocket and made throws, sometimes ill-advisedly, something Wilson does not do(running backward?). And therefore, somehow, Wilson will experience similar improvement. 

You fail to mention in his 2nd year, Smith played 16 games with the Niners; 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 2890 Yards. completion % of 58/1%. He had his 1st devastating injury in year 3, and didn't play at all in his 4th year. He would go on to be a 3 time Pro Bowler. And 3 times the Comeback Player of the Year, a real tough guy who made a point of taking the field. As opposed to sustaining a knee injury without any contact and missing a quarter of a season. 

Smith, also, not unimportantly, is 6'4". Smith went to Utah, a PAC10 school with a schedule against real college football teams with NFL talent. He was 4th in the Heisman.

Wilson in no way compares to Smith. His comparisons are the disasters; Russell, Leaf, Klingler, Dave Brown, et al. 

In short, your fixation on Alex Smith, and his long solid career with some success, is totally misplaced. Physically, background, approach-not the same guy. At all. We saw many of the same arguments when Sanchez, Geno Smith and Darnold faltered, how Eli Manning having a  rough start bode well for each. Like the suck was a selling point. And yet arguably each of those 3 Jet QBs were better in their first 2 seasons than Wilson. But again you ignore the real and awful comps than Wilson more resembles. 

Might want to hone your argument a bit. Or at least stop insulting people, unless you want to be gone.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitAl03.htm

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Your arugment is that-

Alex Smith sucked  at beginning of his career worse than Wilson. However once And  he was a servicable and sometimes very good. .And to  did against great odds, including as serious a leg injury as any QB has ever sustained, and came back from injuries several times. In fact his iuury stemmed because he stayed in the paocket and made throws, sometimes ill-advisedly. And therefore, somehow, Wilson will experience similar improvement. 

You fail to mention in his 2nd year, Smith played 16 games with the Niners; 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 2890 Yards. completion % of 58/1%. He had his 1st devastating injury in year 3, and didn't play at all in his 4th year. He would go on to be a 3 time Pro Bowler. 

Smith, also, not unimportantly, is 6'4". Smith went to Utah, a PAC10 school with a schedule against real college football teams with NFL talent. He was 4th in the Heisman, 

Wilson in no way compares to Smith. His comparisons are the disasters; Russell, Leaf, Klingler, Dave Borwn, et al. 

In short, your fixation on Alex Smith, and his long solid career with some success, is totally misplaced. Physically, background, approach-not the same guy. At all. We saw many of the same arguments when Sanchez, Geno Smith and Darnold faltered, how Eli Manning having a  rough start bode well fro each. Like the suck was a selling point. And yet arguably each of those 3 Jet QBs were better in their first 2 seasons than Wilson. But again you ignore the real and awful comps than Wilson more resembles. 

Might want to hone your argument a bit. Or at least stop isnulting people, unless you want to be gone. 

His first year was UNEQUIVOCALLY WORSE stop glossing over the fact that he threw 1 touchdown and 11 INTERCEPTIONS WITH A 40 RATING in only 7 games if he started the whole 16 he’d put up a whopping 2 TOUCHDOWNS TO 22 PICKS

his 2nd year was better, in line with Zach’s 2nd year - even TD:INT ratio and a ~75 rating, almost IDENTICAL

his 3rd year he got WORSE with 2 TDs 4 picks and a 57 rating

through 3 years he had 19 TDs and 31 picks and a 57 rating to boot lmfao 

Zach WIlson has been MILES BETTER than Alex Smith

MILES

It’s time to let the facts speak for themselves

On 1/11/2023 at 4:30 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

I mean you say that... But I'm pretty sure people said the same about another Jets bust.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/02/heroes-zeros-from-jets-loss-to-seahawks-geno-smiths-cruel-revenge/

Hero

Geno Smith ending the Jets’ playoff hopes is almost too cruel to be true. The 32-year-old Smith rarely missed throws all day and played a cool and competent game to lead the Seahawks to what ultimately became an easy win.

Zero

Mike White just wasn’t good enough in a must-win game. White threw an interception on the Jets’ first drive and seemed a little bit off all day, with his second pick essentially sealing the game for Seattle early in the fourth quarter.

Only 8 years and then watch out for Zachie Poo!

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

His first year was UNEQUIVOCALLY WORSE stop glossing over the fact that he threw 1 touchdown and 11 INTERCEPTIONS WITH A 40 RATING in only 7 games if he started the whole 16 he’d put up a whopping 2 TOUCHDOWNS TO 22 PICKS

his 2nd year was better, in line with Zach’s 2nd year - even TD:INT ratio and a ~75 rating, almost IDENTICAL

his 3rd year he got WORSE with 2 TDs 4 picks and a 57 rating

through 3 years he had 19 TDs and 31 picks and a 57 rating to boot lmfao 

Zach WIlson has been MILES BETTER than Alex Smith

MILES

It’s time to let the facts speak for themselves

2nd year Smith started each of the 16 games his team played . He had 17 TDs and 17 picks, Wilson started only 9 games this year and had 6 TDs 7 picks. Showing up kinda matters.  His team trusted Smith to start every game. These players are not identical except in your mind.

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

Complains about stats

Tom Cruise Laugh GIF

Here's some stats for you

Through 22 starts

Zach Wilson - 8 and 14

70.9 Pass Rating 

15 TD passes

6.44 yard per attempy

Jamarcus Russell

7 and 15

70.8 Pass Rating

16 TD passes 

6.34 yards per attempt

• Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Only 8 years and then watch out for Zachie Poo!

Do you have some sort of verbal disability that manifests as you type as well? If they were to trade or cut ZW I wouldn't care. I'd like him to work out seeing as it benefits the team. I'm not concerned otherwise. If they brought in a viable QB this year that wouldn't bother me one bit.

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Do you have some sort of verbal disability that manifests as you type as well? If they were to trade or cut ZW I wouldn't care. I'd like him to work out seeing as it benefits the team. I'm not concerned otherwise. If they brought in a viable QB this year that wouldn't bother me one bit.

Plausible Jets might place Wilson on the PS next season in hope somebody might sign him and take on his horrific contract. That hope would be forlorn.

Alex Smith sustained his 1st catastrophic injury in year 3. So awful he didnt play at all his 4th year.  At a loss what that has to do with Zach Wilson. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

Here's some stats for you

Through 22 starts

Zach Wilson - 8 and 14

70.9 Pass Rating 

15 TD passes

6.44 yard per attempy

Jamarcus Russell

7 and 15

70.8 Pass Rating

16 TD passes 

6.34 yards per attempt

Ok? Jamarcus wasn’t awful his first full season he was 13/8 it was his 2nd season he absolutely tanked

post Josh Allen, Alex Smith, Steve Young, and Trevor Lawrence

smug donald trump GIF by Election 2016

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

2nd year Smith started each of the 16 games his team played . He had 17 TDs and 17 picks, Wilson started only 9 games this year and had 6 TDs 7 picks. Showing up kinda matters.  His team trusted Smith to start every game. These players are not identical except in your mind.

16 TDs and 16 picks*

keep glossing over 1 touchdown and 11 picks if Alex Smith was apart of this franchise he never would’ve seen another snap ?
They had the same td:int and rating 2nd year

they’re definitely not identical Bud 

alex smith was WORSE

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Plausible Jets might place Wilson on the PS next season in hope somebody might sign him and take on his horrific contract. That hope would be forlorn.

Alex Smith sustained his 1st catastrophic injury in year 3. So awful he didnt play at all his 4th year.  At a loss what that has to do with Zach Wilson. 

You cant be serious ????

Alex Smith was WORSE THAN ZACH WILSON his first 3 years

period

39 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Your statement:

"I mean you say that... But I'm pretty sure people said the same about another Jets bust."

I'm sorry you said something stupid, but don't take it out on me. 

• Thumb Down 1