Would you shop Quinnen Williams?

5 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

I am not a huge fan of paying him personally. He’s had nagging injuries throughout his career and this is his first true dominant season. Not saying he’s Mo Wilk, but I see him as a potential sell high candidate. 

Any player has a price, would need a Jamal Adams kind of package for me to entertain the idea. 

I think he’s a top 3 DT in the league and I don’t think paying him will be followed by a drop in his play. 

despite that, I think he is the best asset we have and the primary way we can stand out from other teams in a trade for a QB. 

There’s only a handful QBs that would make it worth losing him though and Lamar Jackson is the only one  who MAY actually be available that would fit the bill. You don’t trade him for Carr or Stafford. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

I am not a huge fan of paying him personally. He’s had nagging injuries throughout his career and this is his first true dominant season. Not saying he’s Mo Wilk, but I see him as a potential sell high candidate. 

Last time we were in a similar situation, it was with Jamal Adams.

Couple key differences though.

Jamal was exhibiting very douchey behavior. Q seems much more likable and level headed.

Jamal was a good player at a non premium position. Q is an elite player in a much more important role.

We’ll see if anything changes on his end during negotiations, but I say pay the man.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Any player has a price.  You have to at least consider it if it helps you acquire a high-end QB.  

Since Saleh and co. are back for at least one more season, he only plays about 60-70 % of the snaps in this scheme anyways.

I have a lot more confidence in the defensive coaches figuring out without quinnen Williams than I do the offensive staff figuring it out without a QB.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

At some point, you have to pay your best young players or what’s the point? 

You have to pay the RIGHT young players.  You don't just pay them for the sake of paying them.  

Where would the Jets be right now if Maccagnan had handed Jamal Adams $20M a year?

And no, I'm not saying QW is Jamal Adams or Muhammad Wilkerson or whatever.  I'm saying these are assets who get treated as such.  You do what you have to do with those assets to improve the franchise.  If that means paying QW, fine.  If that means trading him to get a true QB1 here, also fine.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Really don’t want to for any circumstance…but if it landed us Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rodgers you have to.

Lamar, yes.

Rodgers, no.

Only because Rodgers would be a short term rental. Perhaps as short as one season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Really don’t want to for any circumstance…but if it landed us Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rodgers you have to.

Lamar yes.

I wouldn’t trade QW for Aaron Rodgers unless Green Bay are sending some premium picks our way as well. That would be insanely stupid. 

Edit: Ninja’d by @y2k8