Would you be willing to trade Sauce for Lamar?

Facts

Omg this fan base...

Smh

Like I said in the "Would you be willing to trade Q Williams" post...

How about we try keeping our best players...

Let's try that.

No... lets trade every good player as soon as they become good players for draft picks and never get anywhere.

?

First, the list of players you would trade Sauce for right now is minimal. Not only does he look like one of the best players at a premium position in the league already, he's cost-controlled for another 4 years... I don't think you're moving him absent receiving a Mahomes/Burrow/Allen/Herbert in return. 

I really don't understand the recent Lamar-to-NY rumors. The only way you trade for Lamar would be if we made a 180 change in offensive philosophy/scheme/play calling, which Saleh is reluctant to do... even if he were to replace MLF, Saleh would look to replace him with someone who runs a similar scheme and shares that "Shanahan" philosophy. 

That's not to say Lamar can't be successful in this offense- in fact there are people around the league who believe that Lamar is held back by Baltimore's scheme- but I'm not sure you can afford to mortgage what it would take to get Lamar as an experiment at this point. The Jets need to win this year, and bringing Lamar in and expecting him to learn a much more difficult passing scheme coming from Baltimore, whose passing concepts/pre-snap responsibilities are least creative/demanding in the NFL, would be a lot to ask for. At the very least you would need to ease a player into this offense by implementing concepts that Lamar is familiar/comfortable with + some of what the scheme dictates (see what Luke Getsky did with Justin Fields this year)... I'm not trusting this staff with doing that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

no I would not even want his contract even if we gave up nothing to get him

when you draft talent you build around them you dont trade them

Lamar is an injury waiting to happen and his style of play always leads to the player having a short lifespan at a high level of play

7 hours ago, Facts said:

Say the Ravens are willing to trade Lamar for:

- Sauce

- 1st round pick

- 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

PS, to those who think that we can just get him in free agency, you’re smoking crack. Baltimore can franchise tag him for two more years and will do so if need be.

I am not interested in Lamar Jackson, personally. 

Too high risk, too specialized as a running-based QB, and frankly the Jets consistent history of massive, roster-wide injury every year makes me think there is more to it here in NY than random chance, and Jackson has already shown some fragility, which will only worsen as he gets older and takes more hits.

Risk/Reward calc. IMO is just not in favor, especially at great cost to acquire.

I also think the Jets need to start keeping, and ultimately paying, their elite talent.  Sauce and G.Wilson are two of those guys at current, guys to build around, not to move elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Facts said:

- Sauce

- 1st round pick

- 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

PS, to those who think that we can just get him in free agency, you’re smoking crack. Baltimore can franchise tag him for two more years and will do so if need be.

Are you out of your ******* mind ? We don't need a glorified RB who is about to breakdown anyway to play QB. 

Please stop with the Lamar Jackson threads. 

8 hours ago, Facts said:

- Sauce

- 1st round pick

- 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

Talk about smoking crack...come on man!

20 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

So I’m not really a Lamar Jackson fan if im being honest.  But I am surprised so many of you wouldn’t trade a cb for a franchise qb.  

Me too.

It shows how little the average fan knows about what it takes to win in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

With Lamar at QB coupled with a sh*t defense and OL, this team is literally just the 2022 Bears.

Better chance we end up with the #1 pick than going on some deep playoff run.

Yeah I don’t think taking 1 player away from an elite defense is going to turn it to sh*t.

6 hours ago, Hael said:

Yes!  You happily give up some combination of your best players (Quinnen/Sauce/Wilson/Breece) for a franchise qb.

Its just that simple.  QBs are the rarest commodity out there, and at any time there are only a handful of them that can win a superbowl.  Lamar has a 5 year span, barring injury, where he is capable of doing just that.

But make no mistake, the Ravens would never allow that to happen.

Bingo.

Sadly, people don’t understand how important a franchise QB is.

3 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Why don’t you think the Ravens want to give him the contract he’s seeking? They want that ever so valuable cap space? At the expense of a franchise QB?

A lot of it is pressure from the NFL.

The league was PISSED when the Browns gave Deshaun Watson a FULLY GUARANTEED contract.

Thats what Lamar wants and the league has made it known that they don’t want that happening again and a setting a precedent.

The Ravens have offered Lamar a MASSIVE contract, it’s just not fully guaranteed, so he’s sulking.

8 hours ago, Facts said:

- Sauce

- 1st round pick

- 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

I feed my cats crack, I t’s freeze dried chicken and they’re addicted to it. that’s what I call it. You should try some instead making up cockamamie threads like this. 

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

sure if you want to go back to last place in defense and have your QB always playing from behind...I think Lamar would make a great interception machine.

Like losing 1 player is going to crash an entire defense 

Some of you are beyond help

.simon cowell facepalm GIF