Would you be willing to trade Sauce for Lamar?

Facts

2 minutes ago, Facts said:

Yeah I don’t think taking 1 player away from an elite defense is going to turn it to sh*t.

Quinnen missed the Lions game and the difference was palpable.

Sauce and Quinnen are cornerstones that you build around for the next 5+ years. Not trade away, along with multiple draft picks and dish out the richest contract in NFL history for a QB that is heavily reliant on his athleticism and needs an entire offense catered to his strengths.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Quinnen missed the Lions game and the difference was palpable.

Sauce and Quinnen are cornerstones that you build around for the next 5+ years. Not trade away, along with multiple draft picks and dish out the richest contract in NFL history for a QB that is heavily reliant on his athleticism and needs an entire offense catered to his strengths.

The Lions have a top offense. THAT is what you saw.

Also, an elite defensive linemen will always make more of a difference than an elite CB.

Football 101

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

Bingo.

Sadly, people don’t understand how important a franchise QB is.

Bull doo doo. Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Let that roll around in your head. Giants won 2 vs the Pats, no less with Eli, who was nothing more than a ‘good QB’. It takes more than a QB to win a SB. See Dan Marion and countless other HOF QB’s who never sniffed a SB. 

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Bull doo doo. Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Let that roll around in your head. Giants won 2 vs the Pats, no less with Eli, who was nothing more than a ‘good QB’. It takes more than a QB to win a SB. See Dan Marion and countless other HOF QB’s who never sniffed a SB. 

I love when people use the exceptions to prove the rule.

”tHe RaVeNs WoN wItH dILfEr”

yeah and then never again

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Giving up a lot of resource for Lamar would scare the hell out of me.  He has not been a top 10 QB since 2020, finishing 23rd in passer rating last season and 16th this season.  He has missed time each of the last two seasons to injury.  He is only 26, but he is an old 26. 

Considering what we would have to pay Lamar, there is no way I am giving up a superstar on a rookie deal.  If we make a play for Lamar, we need young guys on cheap rookie contracts to offset the $40M+ it will probably take to sign him long term. 

Sauce would be a non-starter in any deal for Jackson.

• Upvote 2

Just when you think the takes couldn’t get dumber

Yeah, trading Sauce for an MVP QB is the same as a deal including 18 freaking picks multiple decades ago.

And I got called out for attacking Jets fans. I was called a "bigger piece of sh*t than DWC". ?

But this is fine.

No, and that's coming from a Lamar fanboy from back when he entered the draft. Two biggest reasons:

1) Lamar unfortunately has missed too many games over the last few years, and he's also had too many games where he's started but had to leave due to injury. His playing style - while being one of the most fun players in the entire league - lends itself to increased injury concerns. The aggregate of the injuries diminishing his ability to be superman on the field will likely lead to him falling off the proverbial cliff. 

2) It took us 15+ years to have a core group of young playmakers. Giving them up would be hard enough on its own, but even harder when you consider that we could sign other QBs without giving any of them up. Understood that we wouldn't be getting the caliber of player that Lamar is when healthy, but I'd take 70-85% of Lamar's production in exchange for keeping the likes of Sauce, Q, Garrett, Breece, etc. 

The Lions have a top offense. THAT is what you saw.

Also, an elite defensive linemen will always make more of a difference than an elite CB.

Football 101

At the end of the day, who cares?

If you think the Jets are going to mortgage cornerstone pieces of the team, high draft picks and dish out $50+ million a year for Lamar Jackson, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo…those are the two names Jets fans should be discussing.

Tom Brady isn’t coming here. Aaron Rodgers isn’t coming here.

And if the Jets want to bank on someone like Mike White, Gardner Minshew or Andy Dalton getting them over the hump, then I don’t know why any Jets fan would waste their Sunday’s next year anyway.

At the end of the day, who cares?

If you think the Jets are going to mortgage cornerstone pieces of the team, high draft picks and dish out $50+ million a year for Lamar Jackson, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Derek Carr and Jimmy Garoppolo…those are the two names Jets fans should be discussing.

Tom Brady isn’t coming here. Aaron Rodgers isn’t coming here.

And if the Jets want to bank on someone like Mike White, Gardner Minshew or Andy Dalton getting them over the hump, then I don’t know why any Jets fan would waste their Sunday’s next year anyway.

How the bleep is a CB a cornerstone. Ahhh!!!!

This team is stuck in the freaking 1990’s.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Very difficult question and one I'd have to think about long and hard.  I wouldn't say hell no or hell yes.

One of the best posters on this forum with another good post.

Its amazing the amount of people who instantly say “no” and call a cornerback (even as good as sauce is) a “cornerstone”. Yeah, maybe in the 70’s to 90’s when corners were so emphasized. This is an offensive league now. 

I don't think we're banking on getting over the hump no matter what happens this off-season. Right now we just want to look respectable. This "mandate" talk is also laughable. The Jets are not going to make the playoffs, next year. 

We are teetering leftwards back into laughingstock of the league.

3 of the top 5 defenses in the NFL this year are NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Think about that.

3 of the top 5!!!

Yet 9 of the top 10 offenses are in the playoffs.

This is an offenses league now.

Defense schmefence.

Offense >>>>>>>> defense.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Facts said:

Just when you think the takes couldn’t get dumber

Yeah, trading Sauce for an MVP QB is the same as a deal including 18 freaking picks multiple decades ago.

If you can't make your point without the insults, then please refrain from commenting.  This is a site for debate -- you should expect disagreement.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

If you can't make your point without the insults, then please refrain from commenting.  This is a site for debate -- you should expect disagreement.

That’s true. I stooped too low.

Let me go ahead and turn this intelligence gun into a peace sign.

Animation Illustration GIF by Julie Winegard

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coquito said:

OK, so tell us, George Young. 

Who are you selecting with the 13th pick?

I’m not sure yet.

But it DEFINITELY won’t be a defensive player and it DEFINITELY wouldn’t be a guy who is falling like a rock because 31 other teams don’t want him (JJ).

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No.

Why? Draft capital plus cap space s too much. We can get adequate production from other options for far less cost.

Also… He doesn’t stay healthy.

The health part scares me.  He takes a lot of hits.  While running into those hits and isn’t the biggest guy in the world.  The real question is it starting to add up and injuries will become chronic? 

17 minutes ago, Facts said:

I love when people use the exceptions to prove the rule.

”tHe RaVeNs WoN wItH dILfEr”

yeah and then never again

Also I don’t think people remember just how dominating that defense was. Not even sure you could play D like that anymore.  The running game was also close to record setting as well. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Coquito said:

And I got called out for attacking Jets fans. I was called a "bigger piece of sh*t than DWC". ?

But this is fine.

I edited it to not be insulting.

But aside from that, an 18 pick/player swap for an old RB multiple decades ago in a defenses league is not even remotely similar to reading for a young QB MVP in an offenses league.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Also I don’t think people remember just how dominating that defense was. Not even sure you could play D like that anymore.  The running game was also close to record setting as well. 

Yeah Trent did very little and that defense was top 3 all time. 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The health part scares me.  He takes a lot of hits.  While running into those hits and isn’t the biggest guy in the world.  The real question is it starting to add up and injuries will become chronic? 

A lot of people in Baltimore don’t think he’s injured…

They think he’s holding in.

9 hours ago, Facts said:

Say the Ravens are willing to trade Lamar for:

- Sauce

- 1st round pick

- 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

PS, to those who think that we can just get him in free agency, you’re smoking crack. Baltimore can franchise tag him for two more years and will do so if need be.

I am being very serious now. That is the dumbest trade proposal I have ever seen. I wouldn't even sign him for free and you want to give away the best corner in the NFL and 2 first round picks. My god I am not sure I can deal with this nonsense for 6 months

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Facts said:

I edited it to not be insulting.

But aside from that, an 18 pick/player swap for an old RB multiple decades ago in a defenses league is not even remotely similar to reading for a young QB MVP in an offenses league.

You're right, I was more inclined towards emphasizing the end results of that trade set the Vikings back years. 

Agree or disagree, my opinion is Sauce is the most significant difference in performance results from last year (worst defense in the NFL) to this year (4th overall).

Peace.

Jackson seems like a horrible choice.  They want to run their offense.  Why would they go out and get a guy that requires a complete retool of everything?  If that is what they were going to do, why wouldn't they have more RPO in the first place and why be wed to Flacco and White neither of whom can run 3 yards without falling down?