Would you be willing to trade Sauce for Lamar?

Facts

9 hours ago, Facts said:

Say the Ravens are willing to trade Lamar for:

- Sauce

- 1st round pick

- 2nd round pick

Would you do it?

PS, to those who think that we can just get him in free agency, you’re smoking crack. Baltimore can franchise tag him for two more years and will do so if need be.

Absolutely NOT. 

The can tag him but he will create havoc and dysfunction and the Ravens will look bad, not him. Either pay the man, trade him or let him walk.

If the Ravens decide to trade him they will need to accept the fact that they will be getting less value simply because they have no intention of resigning him. Not just because of injuries and him being a 'running QB'. But I'm sure that will factor in a bit. 

At any rate. There is absolutely no way you trade Sauce. 1st round pick? Sure. 1st and next year's second? Ok. Throw in JFM, Lawson or another quality player who makes financial sense for you to move. Or a guy like Moore who doesn't seem to want to be here. But not arguably the best player on your team. As a rookie to boot. 

Half Baked Boo GIF  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

So I’m not really a Lamar Jackson fan if im being honest.  But I am surprised so many of you wouldn’t trade a cb for a franchise qb.  

It's a franchise CORNERBACK for a QB that might already be done in the NFL. Lamar style players do not last in the NFL. And he he just finished two consecutive seasons not even able to finish them. 

Lamar has already peaked....he's starting to break down and hasn't developed enough in the pocket....also free agent WRs avoid the guy like the plague.  But hey I'm sure the dummies who wanted to give up 5 first rounders for Watson and Zach fanboys will argue otherwise.

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Absolutely NOT. 

The can tag him but he will create havoc and dysfunction and the Ravens will look bad, not him. Either pay the man, trade him or let him walk.

If the Ravens decide to trade him they will need to accept the fact that they will be getting less value simply because they have no intention of resigning him. Not just because of injuries and him being a 'running QB'. But I'm sure that will factor in a bit. 

At any rate. There is absolutely no way you trade Sauce. 1st round pick? Sure. 1st and next year's second? Ok. Throw in JFM, Lawson or another quality player who makes financial sense for you to move. Or a guy like Moore who doesn't seem to want to be here. But not arguably the best player on your team. As a rookie to boot. 

Half Baked Boo GIF  

You and others are overrating the CB position.

Or maybe not. I do recall all those Super Bowls we had with Revis.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It's a franchise CORNERBACK for a QB that might already be done in the NFL. Lamar style players do not last in the NFL. And he he just finished two consecutive seasons not even able to finish them. 

There is no such thing as a “franchise” cornerback anymore.

This is not the 80’s and 90’s. Deion type players don’t win Super Bowls anymore.

Quarterbacks do.

7 minutes ago, Facts said:

You and others are overrating the CB position.

Or maybe not. I do recall all those Super Bowls we had with Revis.

I just think if the Jets wanted Lamar, they can have him without giving up their best young player on defense. The Jets would be massively overpaying with this trade IMO. Sauce, Wilson and to an extent Q (depending on contact status) are as untouchable as it gets for the Jets. Those are their best young players. I would add Breece if not for the injury. You don't trade these guys for an injured QB who wants out and will be a FA unless he gets tagged, which will inevitable make him very, very unhappy with his team. He's good, but not THAT good.  

14 minutes ago, Facts said:

There is no such thing as a “franchise” cornerback anymore.

This is not the 80’s and 90’s. Deion type players don’t win Super Bowls anymore.

Quarterbacks do.

This is fair. 

However, we have seen time and time again how important defense is in the playoffs and the SB. The ability to rush the passer. The ability to shut down/or even limit big time WRs. The ability to make an offense one-dimensional.

Teams still win big games because of their defenses. 

So yes, you need a QB, but you can't give up a top notch talent like Sauce on a rookie deal to get one. Especially if you don't have to do that. Because to get Lamar, the Jets don't have to trade Sauce.  

If I thought that Lamar was going to have the next 5 years be equal to his first several years, I would absolutely trade a stud CB for a stud QB. The problem is I am not convinced he can sustain his style of play as he appears to already be breaking down, and on top of that, you have to trade Sauce, probably more, and pay Lamar a fortune while you have Sauce dirt cheap at least another year.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Also I don’t think people remember just how dominating that defense was. Not even sure you could play D like that anymore.  The running game was also close to record setting as well. 

2nd best defense I have ever seen.  Only behind the 85 Bears.  

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

I am being very serious now. That is the dumbest trade proposal I have ever seen. I wouldn't even sign him for free and you want to give away the best corner in the NFL and 2 first round picks. My god I am not sure I can deal with this nonsense for 6 months

Please debate the points without the attacks.  This is a site for debate - people will post things you disagree with.  We don't need the passive aggressive insults.

Thanks

In a vacuum, I would trade Sauce for Jackson.  The quarterback position is just so much more important to sustained success compared to the cornerback position.

When taking into account injury history and projected longevity considering Jackson's style of play, it becomes a tougher call.  Sauce could give the Jets 10 years of Pro Bowl play.  Jackson could be done in 5 years due to his body breaking down.

Bottom line, if it's Sauce plus picks, I probably pass.  If it's player for player straight up, I pull the trigger and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

However, we have seen time and time again how important defense is in the playoffs and the SB.

I think this is becoming less true over time.

3 of the top 5 defenses missed the playoffs.

9 of the top 10 offenses made the playoffs.

Watch that Bills-Chiefs playoff game or Bengals-Chiefs playoff game ... there is practically no defense. Its non-stop scoring and the NFL wants it that way.

If you dont have the offense to keep up with that, youre gone.

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The outright delusion of Jets fans is a site to see. I’m not sold on Lamar long term either, and the Jets building an offense around him would take a coaching change. But yes he’s worth a lot more than Gardner is.

If Gardner was an absolute requirement to make the deal, I'd have to at least strongly consider it.  But hopefully it wouldn't come to that.  I'd much rather move QW in the deal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm keeping up fine. It was a joke. If you can't handle it, I'd suggest structuring your sentences better to accurately reflect what you want to say. 

Sorry about that. I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the pillow. 

51 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

it takes a special level of arrogance and self love to confuse all your opinions as facts to the point where you want people to know you as the "facts" guy.

lol show a single time I cared whether anyone knows me as the "facts" guy. I just picked a random username. It doesnt have some deep meaning.