Would you be willing to trade Sauce for Lamar?

Facts

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Some wouldn't want to move either for any price. 

Yes there are a lot of delusional jets fans. Thats not an insult - just truth.

We WAYYYY overrate the impact some of our players have. A few weeks ago there were posters who wouldn't have traded Mike White for the world.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The outright delusion of Jets fans is a site to see. I’m not sold on Lamar long term either, and the Jets building an offense around him would take a coaching change. But yes he’s worth a lot more than Gardner is.

Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Gardner was an absolute requirement to make the deal, I'd have to at least strongly consider it.  But hopefully it wouldn't come to that.  I'd much rather move QW in the deal.

Trading a rookie CB who is already in the discussion for the best CB in the league for an oft injured running QB would most likely be a mistake. Lamar will probably continue his injury riddled career path until they've taken their toll to the point where his physical skills are diminished and he's no longer a problem even when he is on the field.

Could he suddenly start avoiding injury? I guess but his play style certainly doesn't give me any confidence this will change.

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Trading a rookie CB who is already in the discussion for the best CB in the league for an oft injured running QB would most likely be a mistake. Lamar will probably continue his injury riddled career path until they've taken their toll to the point where his physical skills are diminished and he's no longer a problem even when he is on the field.

Could he suddenly start avoiding injury? I guess but his play style certainly doesn't give me any confidence this will change.

So would you trade Sauce and picks for Allen, Mahomes, or Burrow?

9 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Sauce, Z.Wilson, Williams and  G. Wilson  straight up

Child please. No one playing the way Lamar does is winning NFL games consistently at age 35, 32, or even 30 years old. 

So no,  i'm not giving up the farm for that guy. He's electrifying, but he'll be on borrowed time in a couple years. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

if the Jets could get 3 years out of Lamar they probably do the trade even if he's gone after that.

2 hours ago, undertow said:

Lamar has already peaked....he's starting to break down and hasn't developed enough in the pocket....also free agent WRs avoid the guy like the plague.  But hey I'm sure the dummies who wanted to give up 5 first rounders for Watson and Zach fanboys will argue otherwise.

really don't understand why he didn't sign the big contract with the ravens. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Bull doo doo. Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Let that roll around in your head. Giants won 2 vs the Pats, no less with Eli, who was nothing more than a ‘good QB’. It takes more than a QB to win a SB. See Dan Marion and countless other HOF QB’s who never sniffed a SB. 

Definitely takes more than a QB to win a Super Bowl, but for ever Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles, which only represents 4 of the last 30 Super Bowls, there are 26 other times that the Super Bowl winning quarterback is either in the HOF or will be in the HOF. Here's a look at the last 3 decades of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

1992 XXVII Troy Aikman MVP Dallas Cowboys
1993 XXVIII Troy Aikman Dallas Cowboys
1994 XXIX Steve Young MVP San Francisco 49ers
1995 XXX Troy Aikman Dallas Cowboys
1996 XXXI Brett Favre Green Bay Packers
1997 XXXII John Elway Denver Broncos
1998 XXXIII John Elway MVP Denver Broncos
1999 XXXIV Kurt Warner MVP St. Louis Rams
2000 XXXV Trent Dilfer Baltimore Ravens
2001 XXXVI Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2002 XXXVII Brad Johnson Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2003 XXXVIII Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2004 XXXIX Tom Brady  New England Patriots
2005 XL Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers
2006 XLI Peyton Manning MVP Indianapolis Colts
2007 XLII Eli Manning MVP New York Giants
2008 XLIII Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers
2009 XLIV Drew Brees MVP New Orleans Saints
2010 XLV Aaron Rodgers MVP Green Bay Packers
2011 XLVI Eli Manning MVP New York Giants
2012 XLVII Joe Flacco MVP Baltimore Ravens
2013 XLVIII Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks
2014 XLIX Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2015 50 Peyton Manning Denver Broncos
2016 LI Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2017 LII Nick Foles MVP Philadelphia Eagles
2018 LIII Tom Brady New England Patriots
2019 LIV Patrick Mahomes MVP Kansas City Chiefs
2020 LV Tom Brady MVP Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2021 LVI Matthew Stafford Los Angeles Rams

So basically 4 out of the last 30 Super Bowls have been won with average to jag quarterbacks. Good luck with winning a Super Bowl with a jag. Based on the last 30 Super Bowls you have a 13% chance for success...Maynard13%.

FYI: Eli Manning is not a JAG - he'll be in the Hall of Fame someday.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Definitely takes more than a QB to win a Super Bowl, but for ever Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, and Nick Foles, which only represents 4 of the last 30 Super Bowls, there are 26 other times that the Super Bowl winning quarterback is either in the HOF or will be in the HOF. Here's a look at the last 3 decades of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

1992 XXVII Troy Aikman MVP Dallas Cowboys
1993 XXVIII Troy Aikman Dallas Cowboys
1994 XXIX Steve Young MVP San Francisco 49ers
1995 XXX Troy Aikman Dallas Cowboys
1996 XXXI Brett Favre Green Bay Packers
1997 XXXII John Elway Denver Broncos
1998 XXXIII John Elway MVP Denver Broncos
1999 XXXIV Kurt Warner MVP St. Louis Rams
2000 XXXV Trent Dilfer Baltimore Ravens
2001 XXXVI Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2002 XXXVII Brad Johnson Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2003 XXXVIII Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2004 XXXIX Tom Brady  New England Patriots
2005 XL Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers
2006 XLI Peyton Manning MVP Indianapolis Colts
2007 XLII Eli Manning MVP New York Giants
2008 XLIII Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers
2009 XLIV Drew Brees MVP New Orleans Saints
2010 XLV Aaron Rodgers MVP Green Bay Packers
2011 XLVI Eli Manning MVP New York Giants
2012 XLVII Joe Flacco MVP Baltimore Ravens
2013 XLVIII Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks
2014 XLIX Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2015 50 Peyton Manning Denver Broncos
2016 LI Tom Brady MVP New England Patriots
2017 LII Nick Foles MVP Philadelphia Eagles
2018 LIII Tom Brady New England Patriots
2019 LIV Patrick Mahomes MVP Kansas City Chiefs
2020 LV Tom Brady MVP Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2021 LVI Matthew Stafford Los Angeles Rams

So basically 4 out of the last 30 Super Bowls have been won with average to jag quarterbacks. Good luck with winning a Super Bowl with a jag. Based on the last 30 Super Bowls you have a 13% chance for success...Maynard13%.

FYI: Eli Manning is not a JAG - he'll be in the Hall of Fame someday.

Lol you make it sound like all those SB winning QB’s did it all in their own. All those teams had top notch defenses and all star parts on offense as well - oh and really good HC’s. Maybe, maybe Mahomes is the exception on that list of yours. And there’s only one Pat Mahomes. 

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Lol you make it sound like all those SB winning QB’s did it all in their own. All those teams had top notch defenses and all star parts on offense as well - oh and really good HC’s. Maybe, maybe Mahomes is the exception on that list of yours. And there’s only one Pat Mahomes. 

I know you need a complete team to win the Super Bowl. For the record I wouldn't trade Sauce for Lamar Jackson. I just think it's really hard to win a Super Bowl without a HOF caliber quarterback. Obviously it's possible to do it. We all saw the Eagles win the Super Bowl with Nick Foles. Maybe Jimmy Garoppolo is the next Joe Flacco or Nick Foles. Wasn't Joe Douglas part of those organizations when the Ravens and Eagles won those Super Bowls? 

Hell NO!

Sauce is one of the best CBs in the league and likely to get better. Lamar will be quite expensive and sauce is cheap for the next 3 years and more than affordable for the 4th. Plus our OC has no clue how to deviate from the SF offense. We also don't have the OL - and with Lamar's play style he is an injury risk.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I know you need a complete team to win the Super Bowl. For the record I wouldn't trade Sauce for Lamar Jackson. I just think it's really hard to win a Super Bowl without a HOF caliber quarterback. Obviously it's possible to do it. We all saw the Eagles win the Super Bowl with Nick Foles. Maybe Jimmy Garoppolo is the next Joe Flacco or Nick Foles. Wasn't Joe Douglas part of those organizations when the Ravens and Eagles won those Super Bowls? 

Jimmy G was a guy I really wanted. I think Belicheat took him to keep him away from us. He’d be a great choice for a 2 year contract. It would save face for JD. He’d be an immediate solution and would give Zach time to develop. And if he doesn’t, it gives the look like they tried to salvage him. I sign Jimmy G, sign Mike White as back up, develop Zach and keep him on inactive list the whole damn near if possible. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

What is everyone’s ceiling for Gardener? Deion? What are we talking here. Perhaps I’m missing what everyone else saw this season if you wouldn’t trade him for a top 12 at worst QB.  

I think you are looking at it incorrectly. 

which is better - Lamar Jackson at QB + Bryce Hall at CB OR slightly above average vet at QB + Sauce Gardner at CB?  

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

Child please. No one playing the way Lamar does is winning NFL games consistently at age 35, 32, or even 30 years old. 

So no,  i'm not giving up the farm for that guy. He's electrifying, but he'll be on borrowed time in a couple years. 

I completely agree with you - but you aren’t you a huge Fields guy?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Not at all. I think the Niners would ask the Jets the same if they proposed. 

Maybe I missed a post and am taking this out of context, but I think you are implying that if the Jets called the Niners and said, “Gardner for Purdy, straight up”, the Niners not only say no, they think the request is laughable.  Is that correct?

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe I missed a post and am taking this out of context, but I think you are implying that if the Jets called the Niners and said, “Gardner for Purdy, straight up”, the Niners not only say no, they think the request is laughable.  Is that correct?

Correct. Especially since they kind of need him for their playoff run here.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Correct. Especially since they kind of need him for their playoff run here.

That’s an interesting take.  I think you could make a very strong argument that the Niners with Josh Johnson and Gardner makes them every bit as a  good a team for this playoff run than Brock Purdy and whoever their 2nd CB is.

But that’s just the next month.  The next 4 years with Gardner for a QB who is almost certainly destined to be a career backup, of course they would take that trade.