Pressure on Pretzel Breaker to get QB right (Cimini)

kevinc855

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

it's 2 days after the season ended and I'm already sick of the 2023 NYJ 

mostly because I know Zach is going to play, Laken is going to play, CJ Usomah is going to play 

JD is the master of the sunk cost fallacy 

he's never going to give up on his draft picks/FA signings and then we will be sitting here this time next year wondering what happened

again 

I'm mentally preparing myself to watch the Giants next season. I'm just talking about the Jets for sick, depraved amusement and schadenfreude.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Anyway.... JD is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Granted, he did it to himself, but I don't see a palatable way out of this conundrum. This team is going to be about the same it was this year. I mean, he could draft a QB in  the later rounds but he's not gonna get anybody that can contribute right away. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I think if they try  to trot Zach out there Week 1 there may/will be a massive fan boycott on going to Metlife.......it be lunacy 

I think they’d start white before wilson but if these are options 1 and 2 you know we’re in for a lame duck year where the internal griping starts in September and everyone is self preservation mode. 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

mostly because I know Zach is going to play, Laken is going to play, CJ Usomah is going to play 

he's never going to give up on his draft picks/FA signings and then we will be sitting here this time next year wondering what happened

again 

You forgot about the coup de grace... LaFleur will be back too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

again 

2 days and you’ve formulated all this misery.  
Have no clue where you get sunk cost fallacy for keeping a #2 QB all of 2 seasons.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

The real "Phase IV" plan for Douglas is to build a reliable, durable offensive line. They were not satisfied with where the offensive line was post-draft last year because they didn't address it as much as they had hoped (for good reason: they landed some top notch talent at other positions). Regardless who the QB is, they do not see a scenario where a QB can be effective unless there is reliable depth throughout the line. So while finding a veteran QB is a focus, the greater one is building the offensive line. Wouldn't surprise me to see 3-or-4 new faces among that group with some significant investments being made both in money and draft capital 

So a first round tackle as well as $$ to a FA guard or center?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Soft Pretzel > Hard Pretzel, every day, every time.

And the only appropriate dip is honey mustard.

My friend, next time you are in town, skip MetLife and head over to my place for some homemade pretzels with beer cheese. You will rescind this comment, I promise you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

again 

Yeah I hope you are not right, but I’m getting the feeling this is the play. I don’t think Carr or Jimmy G are on the Jets radar. If they don’t resign White they’ll maybe bring in someone else to “compete” with Wilson in the hope that Wilson wins the job. Brissett seems like the obvious guy, but he’s also better than Wilson so I dunno.

• More Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You forgot about the coup de grace... LaFleur will be back too.

I don't even mind MLF. He's a professional, Zach isn't. it's not MLF job to teach Zach footwork 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

2 days and you’ve formulated all this misery.  
Have no clue where you get sunk cost fallacy for keeping a #2 QB all of 2 seasons.  

he still hasn't given up on Ashtyn Davis, Bryce Hall and Braden Mann he's never giving up on Zach

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Soft Pretzel > Hard Pretzel, every day, every time.

And the only appropriate dip is honey mustard (for soft pretzels).

I will admit, yoghurt covered pretzels aren't the worst thing ever invented...

Just avoid these breath busters, unless you're into :HermitLife::

OIP.ajybiTSJjWC8oWndcuW2HAHaHa?pid=ImgDe

The mustard dip is key

although still more of a hard pretzel guy

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think they’d start white before wilson but if these are options 1 and 2 you know we’re in for a lame duck year where the internal griping starts in September and everyone is self preservation mode. 

Until of course he plays one great game and all will be forgotten. Players can actually get better with proper coaching. When you see a confused kid out there that lacks purpose it falls on the coach 1000%. It would be way worse to get rid of an unproven system coordinator than top talent. I don't care if it takes 3 years for Zach's light to come on - if it comes on it will be huge for this team. 

How many second chances does Joe Douglas get?

1) there was pressure on him to get the QB position right when he arrived. (you would think they discussed his plan at QB when they hired him)

2) there was pressure on him to get the QB position right when they traded Sam Darnold.

3) Now there's pressure on him to get it right when his hand-picked choice to replace Sam Darnold sucks.

Douglas is not the guy. I wish he was fired 

• Upvote 1