Pressure on Pretzel Breaker to get QB right (Cimini)

kevinc855

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't even mind MLF. He's a professional, Zach isn't. it's not MLF job to teach Zach footwork 

he still hasn't given up on Ashtyn Davis, Bryce Hall and Braden Mann he's never giving up on Zach

Yeah, it makes sense to get rid of a really young top 2 pick at a position of need that isn't costing you too much over a dime a dozen unproven system coordinator. One has huge value if he comes around. The other can be replaced very easily, or, best case scenario he learns (yes, people can learn and improve) and becomes great, he goes somewhere else for his best years to be a head coach. Clean house on the offensive side of the ball - replace all of the coaches, OC, QB coach, WR coach is suspended anyhow, and the OL coach. Bring in a vet OC and a vet QB that can play a similar system as Zach and let him watch until he's ready. Let's not pick the QB until we know what system we are going to run - figure that out quickly.

It’s the QB position. It’s going to be the story all offseason, and Cimini and all the other beat guys are gonna be fanning every flame they can think of related to it. 

QB performance was pretty terrible this season. They need a new Plan A. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I don't even mind MLF. He's a professional, Zach isn't. it's not MLF job to teach Zach footwork 

he still hasn't given up on Ashtyn Davis, Bryce Hall and Braden Mann he's never giving up on Zach

Ashton is on and off the active roster, costs nothing and iced the Browns game.  He’s insignificant to the team.  If he was that he’ll bent on keeping him due to being drafted other off the street S’s wouldn’t play over him in actual games.  
Bryce Hall played last week and played well.  Braden man is a middle ground P.  Not getting your point

51 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's 2 days after the season ended and I'm already sick of the 2023 NYJ 

mostly because I know Zach is going to play, Laken is going to play, CJ Usomah is going to play 

JD is the master of the sunk cost fallacy 

he's never going to give up on his draft picks/FA signings and then we will be sitting here this time next year wondering what happened

again 

You were probably the clown crying that heading into 2022 JD was going to have Michael Carter as the starting RB, Bryce hall would be the starting CB and elijah moore was going to be the #1 WR heading into this year. 

Breece, Sauce and Garrett Wilson seem pretty good now and JD seemed to address weaknesses very well with 2 potential rookie of the years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You were probably the clown crying that heading into 2022 JD was going to have Michael Carter as the starting RB, Bryce hall would be the starting CB and elijah moore was going to be the #1 WR heading into this year. 

Breece, Sauce and Garrett Wilson seem pretty good now and JD seemed to address weaknesses very well with 2 potential rookie of the years.

nothing JD did or ever will do will make up for his pick of Zach at 2 

he can pick a Sauce in every draft from now until forever it doesn't matter without a QB 

Breece Hall by the way is the living example of why no one in the league uses high 2nd round picks on RBs. Because they don't last 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ashton is on and off the active roster, costs nothing and iced the Browns game.  He’s insignificant to the team.  If he was that he’ll bent on keeping him due to being drafted other off the street S’s wouldn’t play over him in actual games.  
Bryce Hall played last week and played well.  Braden man is a middle ground P.  Not getting your point

Braden Mann is a bad punter and his shanks have directly cost the jets wins 

Bryce Hall is terrible CB4 who only gets in when the starters are injured

Ashtyn Davis is a special teamer and tbh i'd rather they kept Jason Pinnock. Pinnock is the starting FS for the NYG in the playoffs, Davis is the best Call of Duty player on Xbox Live

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Soft Pretzel > Hard Pretzel, every day, every time.

And the only appropriate dip is honey mustard (for soft pretzels).

I will admit, yoghurt covered pretzels aren't the worst thing ever invented...

Just avoid these breath busters, unless you're into :HermitLife::

OIP.ajybiTSJjWC8oWndcuW2HAHaHa?pid=ImgDe

This is beer cheese erasure and I won’t stand for it!

Also, yes. Find a QB, JD!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

nothing JD did or ever will do will make up for his pick of Zach at 2 

he can pick a Sauce in every draft from now until forever it doesn't matter without a QB 

Breece Hall by the way is the living example of why no one in the league uses high 2nd round picks on RBs. Because they don't last 

JD should not be allowed to draft Qbs period.  Not only is Zach terrible but James Morgan was hot garbage too

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

How many second chances does Joe Douglas get?

1) there was pressure on him to get the QB position right when he arrived. (you would think they discussed his plan at QB when they hired him)

2) there was pressure on him to get the QB position right when they traded Sam Darnold.

3) Now there's pressure on him to get it right when his hand-picked choice to replace Sam Darnold sucks.

Douglas is not the guy. I wish he was fired 

In a vacuum, the ZW decision is a fireable offense.

But he bought himself some goodwill and time with a home run ‘22 draft.

He can save face by dealing ZW and moving on.  But it doesn’t look like he will, and it’s gonna cost him his job.

I hate Belichick, but one of the things I respect is he’s willing to cut bait and move on for the sake of the team.

Ryan Mallett, N’Keal Harry, whoever.  He doesn’t just hang on forever just because the team drafted the player.

Admit you effed up and move on.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

MLF isn't a professional. Not when he's calling the most predictable plays and an awful gameplan.

I agree it's not on MLF to teach Zach footwork. That's not the issue 99% of people on this board have with him. But he won't tailor his offense to the needs and strengths of the QB playing, he won't let them change the play, and his plays are so predictable the offense can only manage one or two field goals a game regardless of the QB or opponent.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach Wilson starting week 1 in 2023 would be a new low for this inept organization 

Actually it would mean he beat a decent QB which I’m not worrying about.  But if that dream sequence comes through that would be a new high for all

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

How many second chances does Joe Douglas get?

1) there was pressure on him to get the QB position right when he arrived. (you would think they discussed his plan at QB when they hired him)

2) there was pressure on him to get the QB position right when they traded Sam Darnold.

3) Now there's pressure on him to get it right when his hand-picked choice to replace Sam Darnold sucks.

Douglas is not the guy. I wish he was fired 

that would be one second chance.

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pretzels of all types are awful and overrated.  Just a garbage food/snack food. 

Whomever invented pretzels should be banished to the 10th circle of food hell and reside there with people that like kale.

You never been to Germany.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Braden Mann is a bad punter and his shanks have directly cost the jets wins 

Bryce Hall is terrible CB4 who only gets in when the starters are injured

Ashtyn Davis is a special teamer and tbh i'd rather they kept Jason Pinnock. Pinnock is the starting FS for the NYG in the playoffs, Davis is the best Call of Duty player on Xbox Live

Which games did he cost us?  Directly, his kicks cost a game? 
Again, Hall played Sunday and played well, not sure how his play as a #4 has cost us.  What are you expecting at 4?  
The Giants roster is a shell of what the Jets roster, they’re in the playoffs because the conference sucks and the division sucks.  Put the Giants in the AFCE along with the Jets schedule and they’re an 4 win team, in last place.

The argument is silly at best, you’re arguing about a couple of bottom of the roster players who rarely play

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

it's 2 days after the season ended and I'm already sick of the 2023 NYJ 

mostly because I know Zach is going to play, Laken is going to play, CJ Usomah is going to play 

JD is the master of the sunk cost fallacy 

he's never going to give up on his draft picks/FA signings and then we will be sitting here this time next year wondering what happened

again 

What’s your second favorite team?

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pretzels of all types are awful and overrated.  Just a garbage food/snack food. 

Whomever invented pretzels should be banished to the 10th circle of food hell and reside there with people that like kale.

Really?

I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't like a big, fresh, warm soft pretzel.

1st time for everything I guess.  Do you hate warm fresh bread too?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually it would mean he beat a decent QB which I’m not worrying about.  But if that dream sequence comes through that would be a new high for all

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which games did he cost us?  Directly, his kicks cost a game? 
Again, Hall played Sunday and played well, not sure how his play as a #4 has cost us.  What are you expecting at 4?  
The Giants roster is a shell of what the Jets roster, they’re in the playoffs because the conference sucks and the division sucks.  Put the Giants in the AFCE along with the Jets schedule and they’re an 4 win team, in last place.

The argument is silly at best, you’re arguing about a couple of bottom of the roster players who rarely play

You are comedic gold

Just now, Coquito said:

Anyone ever eat a pickled egg? I was in a dive bar in Linden and they served them so as a goof I ate one. In the car on the way home I blasted a fart so nasty I thought I was back in the gas chamber. 

Just eat a hard boiled egg or egg salad, same stench.

@SouthernJet @jgb TOTW nomination!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1