Was the 2022 season a disappointment in your eyes?

August

Was the 2022 season a disappointment in your eyes?   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Was the 2022 season a disappointment in your eyes?

• Yes it was a disappointment
    • No it was not a disappointment

It was definitely a disappointment sadly. 
1- Zach’s regressed to a point where Saleh publicly said he needs to “go read a book somewhere”

2- We learned that our OC is horrendous but will probably get another year because of his friendship with Saleh

3- Once again the team was decimated by injuries 

4- We found out that Robert Saleh most likely isn’t out guy. The QB situation was managed horribly, we watched him get out coached the 2nd half of the year  but worst of all, the team just collapsed. “All gas no brake” was the mantra we were all sold yet they came out flat in the last 3 games of the year. 7-4 to 7-10 and a playoff miss is just absurd 

5- NYJ were gifted like 5 games this year vs backup QBs and still couldn’t manage to limp into the playoffs

• Sympathy 1

If it was an up and down 7-10 with a win then a loss or two then a win or two and so it could be considered a successful season. Especially if none of the games got away. Once they got to 7-4 it was plenty clear that they could beat good teams. Even the patsie game with the last second punt return showed the team was on the cusp. But then finishing with a 6 game losing streak just made it a bad season. And it was clear the whole offense wasn’t showing up.  This is not only on zwilson. He only played in two of the games in the skid.

If someone said we would have a great draft and win 7 games at the end of last season, I would have signed up for that.  

I agree.
Great draft
Loved watching the young talent grow and thrive.
Won my over bet.
Not even sad I lost my winnings by reupping to 9 wins.
Not upset the team played meaningful games in December.
To anyone whining I say go back and watch the team fighting until the last second of those games.
When do remember that happening?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, August said:

So basically people would still have something to complain about? 

Put it this way:  Would a 4-4 finish to get to 7-10 be an accomplishment in your eyes?

JD said he wanted this team playing meaningful games in December.  Your end result would have meant this part wouldn't have happened.  At least with the way the season actually played out, we were able to get excited for a bit, lol.

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Put it this way:  Would a 4-4 finish to get to 7-10 be an accomplishment in your eyes?

JD said he wanted this team playing meaningful games in December.  Your end result would have meant this part wouldn't have happened.  At least with the way the season actually played out, we were able to get excited for a bit, lol.

I’m sick of tanking. With that mentality teams like the Lions and Steelers should’ve just laid down and “tanked”. 

We learned definitively that we burned the highest draft pick we have had in a generation on an all-time bust. Now the FO is on the hot seat and has every incentive to spend recklessly this off season to try to save their jobs. Most such efforts explode in teams' faces. If that happens, we've just wasted the rookie-contract years of a great draft.

Yes, it was disappointing.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The games indeed meant something 

44 minutes ago, August said:

I’m sick of tanking. With that mentality teams like the Lions and Steelers should’ve just laid down and “tanked”. 

I'm not saying I wanted to tank this year.  Not at all.  But if we had started 3-6, presumably with the injuries to Breece and AVT still happening....what exactly would be the point of going 4-4 to finish 7-10 at that stage?  And how would that possibly be viewed as a successful season?  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not saying I wanted to tank this year.  Not at all.  But if we had started 3-6, presumably with the injuries to Breece and AVT still happening....what exactly would be the point of going 4-4 to finish 7-10 at that stage?  And how would that possibly be viewed as a successful season?  

What if the Lions kept losing what’s the point of ending up 9-8? Tanking days are over. It’s about winning games and establishing a culture. If this was any point between 2016-2021 then you’d be correct. 

1 minute ago, August said:

What if the Lions kept losing what’s the point of ending up 9-8? Tanking days are over. It’s about winning games and establishing a culture. If this was any point between 2016-2021 then you’d be correct. 

Did you miss the part where I said I didn't want to tank this year?