What player not named Zach Wilson were you most disappointed in this season?

I really felt Ashtyn Davis would step up this season. With the dearth of talent at FS, I thought he would seize the opportunity. After he closed out the Browns game with a pick, I though his playing time would be on the rise. Boy was I wrong. He got buried on the depth chart and couldn't even find the field when Joyner was injured. It seems like his only future would be as a special teams ace and he needs to improve even to be that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I really felt Ashtyn Davis would step up this season. With the dearth of talent at FS, I thought he would seize the opportunity. After he closed out the Browns game with a pick, I though his playing time would be on the rise. Boy was I wrong. He got buried on the depth chart and couldn't even find the field when Joyner was injured. It seems like his only future would be as a special teams ace and he needs to improve even to be that.

Zach 

• WTF? 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Did they even give Davis a chance?  

They trotted out Joyner every chance they had. 

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A category with a lot to choose from.

For me RB Micheal Carter.  Much worse than his rookie year.

Hmmm ,maybe I change my mind Elijah Moore, beaks off before doing anything and does not much all year when I think he has pro bowl talent.

Carter did disappoint a bit... 

How was Conklin a disappointment?  He was 12th in the NFL in receiving yards for a tight end and was second on the Jets in receiving yards, receptions and receiving CDs.  And that is with terrible QB play. I'm not sure what people expected from him, particularly with Uzomah on the team as well.  

Moore was clearly the most disappointing player. I expected him to emerge as a 70/1000/6 receiver. Instead, he regressed as a player and was exposed as a selfish, immature person.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Easily Laken is the most disappointing on multiple levels and if Im JD it’s gotta be the one player on roster you are irritated the most by (in terms of disappointment from expectations) 

second place is mixed bag but for me personally Michael Carter not being able to do Jack sh*t when Breece went down was frustrating. 

I get the Elijah moore stuff too but I actually think he still has potential with a good QB. Michael Carter prob not gunna even be RB2 next year. Headed in wrong direction 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

RB Carter and WR Berrios.

Both did basically nothing, but were expected to be key contributors.

I'd like to see Elijah Moore with a QB not named Zach for a year before I write him off.  He was criminally underused this year, and unfairly abused as lazy and not open by this sites fans (IMO).

Mims and Becton continue to win the "Lifetime Achievement Award" for ongoing annual disappointment.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Laken Tomlinson was supposed to solidify the oline and he made it demonstrably worse. It’s not even close. 

As the saying goes: "To whom much is given, much is expected".  Tomlinson signed a 3 year, $40M contract.  This year, he got $5.38M.  But next year, we are stuck with him.  We will owe him $18,520,000.00, and if we cut him, we would have to pay him $17,360,000.00.  

For all that money, this was a horrible, horrible deal, unless this guy somehow decides to own up to his contract and play up to his capabilities.  

He is certainly without a doubt, the biggest disappointment on this entire team outside of Zach, and that is saying a mouthful!

We can cut him after next season, for a $4.3M cap hit if we cut him after next year.  If he plays next year anything like this year, he will be cut without question!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Laken Tomlinson was supposed to solidify the oline and he made it demonstrably worse. It’s not even close. 

I thought it was weird that San Francisco let Tomlinson walk because they had no replacement and no depth on their interior line, but now it’s clear why. 

• Upvote 4

Laken Tomlinson........I really thought he'd be an easy plug and play at LG....maybe he was being held up by playing next to an All-Pro HOF LT in San Fran....to be fair he looked better when we got Duane Brown back and AVT was on the right side

Braden Mann.....too inconsistent as a punter

Lamarcus Joyner.....missed all of last season so I thought he could help solidify the back end but he was largely addition by subtraction this year....

Michael Carter the RB also fell off a cliff this year but I think its moreso due to usage and OL play

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

A category with a lot to choose from.

For me RB Micheal Carter.  Much worse than his rookie year.

Hmmm ,maybe I change my mind Elijah Moore, beaks off before doing anything and does not much all year when I think he has pro bowl talent.

Never forget how many yards Elijah Moore could have had this year if he stopped running backwards. 

• Upvote 1