What player not named Zach Wilson were you most disappointed in this season?

Might be easier to ask who weren't you disappointed in, on an individual basis.  I had high hopes for Carl Lawson.  

Michael Carter the RB.

Berrios

I felt Conklin hurt us quite a bit this year.  

The offense as a whole.  

Few Bright spots in Q, G. Wilson, Breece (in limited play obviously).

Injuries on the Oline was probably the biggest factor not making playoffs, even with Z. Wilson.  

If you had asked me what the record would be this year to start the season, if be ecstatic with the season, but after the hot start, the expectations rose.  

All in all, my biggest disappointment was the coaching staff.  Six straight loses is unacceptable, especially reeling teams in the mix.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Moore was expossed as a player and team mate.  Very surprised by that.  Thought he would break out as a player and be a leader.  

Wouldn't be surprised if a stud WR is there at 13 we pick him. I would be up for that. Take center next and sign OL in FA. Draft safety too.

AVT, Becton, Tomlinson, Mitchell - rookie center and FA pickup. Good depth signings in FA for when we need them.

Tomlinson, Fant, Carter (the OL and injury may have impacted this), Moore (lousy QB may have impacted this), Berrios, and Mann.  

Biggest though is hands down Zach Wilson.  I understood his QB coach passed away preseason of his rookie year and he got injured this past preseason.  I have never seen a QB try to say a loss wasn’t his fault or say that he basically has no confidence in himself.   

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I really felt Ashtyn Davis would step up this season. With the dearth of talent at FS, I thought he would seize the opportunity. After he closed out the Browns game with a pick, I though his playing time would be on the rise. Boy was I wrong. He got buried on the depth chart and couldn't even find the field when Joyner was injured. It seems like his only future would be as a special teams ace and he needs to improve even to be that.

Has to be Laken Tomlinson but special credit to Lamarcus Joyner, Braxton Berrios and Corey Davis.

Just now, Maxman said:

Has to be Laken Tomlinson but special credit to Lamarcus Joyner, Braxton Berrios and Corey Davis.

Damn I forgot Becton. He is a bigger bust this year than Tomlinson. So Becton is the # 1.

And I want to add Fant to the list.

• Upvote 1

Mehki Becton is the runner up for most disappointing Jets player in 2022. Another lost season for Becton. On the defensive side of the ball Carl Lawson didn't blow my socks off but he's not been completely a ghost either. Hard to pick a most disappointing player on the defensive side of the ball...if I had to, I go with John Franklin-Meyers. Would have liked to see him have more sacks and that roughing the passer on Mac Jones cost us a really good chance at beating the hated Patriots.

Side note: Elijah Moore still can be special. We saw him catch 5 touchdown passes in 8 games in 2021. I think once we get a quarterback in here and the line patched up, we'll see Elijah Moore playing like he did in 2021 for 17 games hopefully. 

I actually had to edit my post. I said Elijah Moore and its not even close originally but actually Zach Wilson and its not even close! Zach Wilson was easily the most disappointing player with the lack of improvement from last year to this year and down the stretch when games mattered most. 

2nd- Elijah Moore  

There is a caveat. He had awful QB play and it seemed like the OC did not put him in the best position to succeed.

But man, what a drop off in production and impact for a young, ascending player. 

Third vote would be for Michael Carter. He was overshadowed by Breece, sure. But he had plenty of opportunities and could not make anything happen with them. An UDFA (Bam) ended up taking snaps away from him. 

I don't get why people are putting Becton on the list. 

The. Dude. Was. Hurt.

I mean, sure you can be disappointed if you want. But the guys was hurt. He couldn't play. 

Breece, AVT and White getting hurt pretty much what tanked our season. Nobody is saying they are disappointed in them. Nor should they. Being hurt and unable to play is very different than going out there and playing like s**t. 

JMHO. Don't jump all over me lmfao.   

13 hours ago, jgb said:

I knew the QB sucked and now the Red Cross does also. Also had questions about Becton’s professionalism going into the season.

Not many players left to be disappointed in.

Have major criticisms of JD and the coaches though.

JD ? Seriously ? Let's not forget the tremendous draft class he put together this year. I'm still holding out hope for ZW. I think he's back at camp next summer where it will be boom or bust. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I don't get why people are putting Becton on the list. 

The. Dude. Was. Hurt.

I mean, sure you can be disappointed if you want. But the guys was hurt. He couldn't play. 

Breece, AVT and White getting hurt pretty much what tanked our season. Nobody is saying they are disappointed in them. Nor should they. Being hurt and unable to play is very different than going out there and playing like s**t. 

JMHO. Don't jump all over me lmfao.   

He's on the list for just that reason: He's ALWAYS hurt. HUGE disappointment. 

12 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

JD ? Seriously ? Let's not forget the tremendous draft class he put together this year. I'm still holding out hope for ZW. I think he's back at camp next summer where it will be boom or bust. 

I don’t think JD should be fired, mind you. I don’t even blame him for drafting BYU — QB is the hardest position to scout in sport. But I have been vocal for many years that he has failed to appropriately hedge this team against QB1 bust and injury risk. This was an avoidable disaster that he failed to avoid. Criticism is warranted.

You can like a guy and still criticize him. Everyone doesn’t fall into the “hater” or “lover” camp.