DeAndre Hopkins

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For the cap nazis: Cap numbers for the next 2 years if traded (prorated bonus goes to cards)

2023: 19,450,000

2024: 14,915,000

Cutting Davis & Berrios would save over 15mm in 2023 cap.

He is 30 years old which tends to be sort of a cliff for WR's. Even so, this is a clear upgrade over Davis. I wonder what kind of value he'll pull in trade.

For WRS after 30 it’s the speed that usually gets effected. Hopkins isn’t a fast guy. He’s more of a possession receiver. The dip may not be as drastic for him. Sign me up depending on how much it will cost. A 3rd? Sure 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For the cap nazis: Cap numbers for the next 2 years if traded (prorated bonus goes to cards)

2023: 19,450,000

2024: 14,915,000

Cutting Davis & Berrios would save over 15mm in 2023 cap.

He is 30 years old which tends to be sort of a cliff for WR's. Even so, this is a clear upgrade over Davis. I wonder what kind of value he'll pull in trade.

I don't know. You think he will want to play with a QB who is having a miserable life? 

• Upvote 1

I would happily jettison Corey Davis for Hopkins if the trade price is right. Would be a major upgrade to the wide receiver room, even if it is only for a couple of years. 

Hopkins has never made bank on the basis of his speed, unlike someone like Hill. Further, unlike Deebo Samuel, Hopkins isn't made from glass and is generally dependable to be available on any given Sunday.

Adding Hopkins means that opponents won't be automatically rotating their top cover guy onto G Wilson. Opens up opportunities for Wilson and Elijah Moore, plus Breece Hall when he's back.

I wouldn't want to give the Cardinals more than a third round pick but if he's available and Douglas can get a deal done, then pull the trigger.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1