Rumor: Woody Wants LaFleur, Offensive Staff, LaFired

this was always going to be the case with Saleh. I keep saying the same thing over and over....Saleh was the best man at MLF's brothers wedding...does Saleh seem like the type of dude who would fire that kind of a close friend? If anything Saleh to me seems like the type who would quit his own job before doing that.

question is, can they convince Woody to give it another shot with a very highly regarded QB fixer.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Saleh going to step down at some point in the next month , I’ve been saying it for weeks now …there’s enough LOL Jets mentality in the league that he will save face and get a better job quickly , doesn’t matter if he deserves one or not . It’s the right career move . He should resign . 

Is this your opinion or have you heard something behind the scenes that would indicate this happening?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Saleh is not stepping down, this is a very prestigious job and the jets aren’t a bad team.  They just have a terrible qb.  Even saleh can win here but MLF makes it harder. 

He could easily goad the idiot owner into firing him …it’s called “ The Mangini “ 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Saleh going to step down at some point in the next month , I’ve been saying it for weeks now …there’s enough LOL Jets mentality in the league that he will save face and get a better job quickly , doesn’t matter if he deserves one or not . It’s the right career move . He should resign . 

There is a non-zero chance this happens 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I can see it. Wouldn't hurt my feelings. I am not worried about him going on to some other place and becoming Belichick. He's more of Bowles type of guy.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This kind of owner interference is very bad.  I could care less if LaFleur is the right guy or not. 

Next time someone interviews for a jets job the first thing i ask woody is, 'Are you going to pressure me to hire or fire coordinators mr Johnson?

Also how is this being communicated?  Is Woody telling Douglas this and he is telling Saleh?

I’m with you on this. (If this is indeed true) I’ve never said a bad thing about him, but Woody needs to butt out here. 

I also like the fact that Saleh is standing by his guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 1