Lafleur has NOT been fired!! (merged title references unsubstantiated claim. please refrain from hilarious parody threads)

Matt39

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

The root of the blowup: 

• Elijah Moore has an outburst at the facility, upset with his usage. There was not a big rift between he and Zach per se (his displeasure was mostly towards Mike LaFleur), but his frustration boiled over in part because the offensive coaches used some of his plays to point out what Elijah did wrong on certain routes and his timing. Zach's tendency is to throw with anticipation into “spots”, and the coaching staff seemingly agreed with him that Elijah wasn’t doing the right thing in certain situations, leading to less involvement, which set Elijah off.  

Moores effort was putrid all season. He dogged it parts of last season too. Also true- Wilson isn’t good and brings everything down with him. Also probably true- the coaching staff doesn’t know how to handle any of this because they’re all young and inexperienced (and maybe not putting in the work either)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I looked. All of the Teams have the coaches and players have them and you cannot buy them anywhere, at least that I can find. I think they will go on sale next week. 

Good to know, I’m glad I’m not the only one that couldn’t find them!  Coaches have been wearing sone very nice gray hoodies lately too, be nice if they went up for sale.  Thanks for info !

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

The root of the blowup: 

• Elijah Moore has an outburst at the facility, upset with his usage. There was not a big rift between he and Zach per se (his displeasure was mostly towards Mike LaFleur), but his frustration boiled over in part because the offensive coaches used some of his plays to point out what Elijah did wrong on certain routes and his timing. Zach's tendency is to throw with anticipation into “spots”, and the coaching staff seemingly agreed with him that Elijah wasn’t doing the right thing in certain situations, leading to less involvement, which set Elijah off.  

We all know Moore was suspended casuse he went after Lafluer.  Lucky someone intervened or moore would have knocked his ass out cold.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

It looks more and more likely that the only way MLF can keep is job is if Saleh is able to convince Gary Kubiak (or someone of that ilk) to join the staff in a senior role. If the right candidates are not interested in working with MLF, hard to see him returning

I mean this is so silly, imo. Who the **** is in charge of the team and why would they institute these kinds of conditions? Fire him or don’t fire him. If you’re Kubiak and this is the type of environment you’re prospectively entering into, you’re better off staying home. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We all know Moore was suspended casuse he went after Lafluer.  Lucky someone intervened or moore would have knocked his ass out cold.

On the other hand, it sounds like LaFleur was the only one in the org trying to institute any sort of discipline. I look at it as a strong positive that a fat piece of sh*t like Becton would be liking a tweet celebrating his firing. Where was Saleh in all this? Hiding behind CJ Mosley?

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

They never told Zach when he did something wrong, and it very rarely came from LaFleur. So Elijah is absolutely right when he says that players were coached differently... The first time they actually told him to stop the persistent running outside the pocket was after the NE game. For Elijah, it was far earlier on, but he too got the "you're not doing anything wrong" until he complained about his own usage, and that's when they basically pulled the "well you're actually doing this, this, and this wrong" 

Very childish all around 

what a joke

I hate these clowns absolute GARBAGE coaching

• Post of the Week 3

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I knew it!

Anybody that's managed large amounts of people could tell this type of stuff was going on. You could sense it from what they said in press conferences versus their actions.

Sad.

And it’s not the good kind of mistakes for a new manager to be making.   For OC you’d  rather see someone too stuck on small details.  This is a bad fit.  

Too much back peddling and then not dropping back at all.  Signs of Piss poor coaching all over.  WRs lost etc../.

They might have the playbook but this isn’t the system.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the other hand, it sounds like LaFleur was the only one in the org trying to institute any sort of discipline. I look at it as a strong positive that a fat piece of sh*t like Becton would be liking a tweet celebrating his firing. Where was Saleh in all this? Hiding behind CJ Mosley?

Idiots don’t even know about a unified front. Management has to all be on the same page.

it’s amateur hour, like usual.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Protected from on high. Saleh sounds like a true bitch, but no WAY would a guy who talks so much about meritocracy tolerate a tenth of this bullsh*t. 

I think it’s fair to say Woody has created this arrangement. For whatever reason, JetBlue or not. 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, football guy said:

They never told Zach when he did something wrong, and it very rarely came from LaFleur. So Elijah is absolutely right when he says that players were coached differently... The first time they actually told him to stop the persistent running outside the pocket was after the NE game. For Elijah, it was far earlier on, but he too got the "you're not doing anything wrong" until he complained about his own usage, and that's when they basically pulled the "well you're actually doing this, this, and this wrong" 

Very childish all around 

So I was correct, your friends are incompetent 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

You think we were going to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo after having just drafting a QB 2nd overall?  Why?  Especially when the expectation for this year was "improve" and then compete in 2024.  Why would they waste the assets when Zach was the guy long-term?  

Jimmy G is a Free Agent

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, football guy said:

It looks more and more likely that the only way MLF can keep is job is if Saleh is able to convince Gary Kubiak (or someone of that ilk) to join the staff in a senior role. If the right candidates are not interested in working with MLF, hard to see him returning

Tell me this is a joke.Please.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Really think it comes down to MLF struggling in the leadership department while not having a veteran staff to effectively manage some of the things that come up throughout the year- not much different than any other organization/business. He's trying to run our offense the way he learned how to run it via Shanahan, yet he's not Shanahan nor does he have the kind of veteran support Shanahan did throughout his career. MLF's personality (introverted, conflict avoidant, hands off style) and marriage to scheme and game plan does not help, especially with player's who seek to be more engaging rather than "yes men"... 

Of all the things i've maybe disagreed with or questioned you on -- this is the opposite. What we saw this year (the negatives/inconsistencies/arbitrary decision making) 1000% could be correlated or symptomatic if you will, of poor leadership in the capacity that you described. I see this everyday at work. It's my job to untangled leadership knots and baseline teams that have cannabilized each other over ambiguity w/ accountability, structure and coaching.

Woody -- hire me. I'm batting 1.000

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas giving away the farm to Steve Young and Lisa Wilson to get Zach in the building. 

Kyler Murray with less talent and a staff that’s either got their hands tied or who took the job for Woodys money. Jets football.