Lafleur has NOT been fired!! (merged title references unsubstantiated claim. please refrain from hilarious parody threads)

Matt39

1 hour ago, Hex said:

So LaFleur fired himself and Saleh decided to take 50% of the credit?

What likely happened is LaFleur fell on his sword to get Saleh out of a conflict with Woody. Woody wanted him gone, Saleh wouldn't fire him ... so MiLF agreeing to go gets both of them what they wanted.

Several NFL teams have inquired about LaFleur and he's been allowed to seek other opportunities, Rapoport added.

I guess they must see more in him than we did. ;-) 

• Upvote 1

Is this turning into another patented Jets clown fiesta?  Haven't we had enough of these over the years?

Just when things are looking up for the roster, the world implodes. 

A new OC will bring in a new system, likely  jettison a good deal of our talent that doesn't fit, and probably put pressure on JD's job in 2 years.  JD then gets fired, a new GM comes in, putting pressure on the new OC's job, and the world goes in a circle.

LaFleur did not get the job done, but you can't evaluate people with only 2 years with what was clearly the worst QB in the NFL.

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It's was Saleh and JD for sure. They knew he sucked. Everyone does. They gave him all the rope in the world and it's work . Everyone knows the Business. La fluer knows he messed up and cost them play offs, coach of the year etc. He also knows he can't get the offense to work so his best bet is elsewhere. Everyone s best bet. This idea Saleh didn't make the call with Joe is ridiculous 

Yes you're right... after Woody told them to do it. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, JTJet said:

It took years of doing it the wrong way, and then working for someone who showed me how to be better, so I have a very keen eye for this type of stuff, which is why Saleh comes off as a salesman that's in over his head. 

It's very easy to dissect that he lost control of what's going on and/or never had control of it to begin with. In my opinion he is a great second in command type, but not THE guy. Being the guy requires making very difficult decisions which Saleh has proven he cannot do.

Bring in Sean Payton 

12 hours ago, Barton said:

Mike White played well. And he did this in spite of this coaching staff and backup Oline. Imagine him with a real staff and better personnel. 

I closed my eyes and imagined Slow footed, not that accurate and constantly hurt.

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I think an under the radar story was the WR coach getting pinched for gambling. Also one of the in the know posters was saying he wasn’t exactly at the facility often. Sounds like Saleh hasn’t done a great job setting expectations. Who knows where Douglas falls into this (Saleh allegedly reports to him)

Austin was always a strange appointment as WRs coach.  Good, self-made player....but with very, very little - like, practically zero -  high-level coaching experience.

And the Jets trusted him to develop Moore and Wilson.  Luckily, Wilson is so good that they couldn't mess him up.  But Moore has regressed under Austin's coaching.

4 hours ago, Hael said:

Is this turning into another patented Jets clown fiesta?  Haven't we had enough of these over the years?

A new OC will bring in a new system, likely  jettison a good deal of our talent that doesn't fit, and probably put pressure on JD's job in 2 years.  JD then gets fired, a new GM comes in, putting pressure on the new OC's job, and the world goes in a circle.

LaFleur did not get the job done, but you can't evaluate people with only 2 years with what was clearly the worst QB in the NFL.

LaFleur coached badly enough to get fired. Not the end of the world. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Austin was always a strange appointment as WRs coach.  Good, self-made player....but with very, very little - like, practically zero -  high-level coaching experience.

And the Jets trusted him to develop Moore and Wilson.  Luckily, Wilson is so good that they couldn't mess him up.  But Moore has regressed under Austin's coaching.

That’s how a lot of position coaches are around the nfl. Nothing new. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Funny thing about Kotite we hired him after losing 7 straight with Philly. There are some similarities. Perhaps pessimistic but I don’t see this staff improving or putting in the work required to fix this.

Kotite was a great ass kisser.  I’m worried Zach’s family is too close to Woody.  Next season is going to be a really ugly debacle even by jet standards 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Kotite was a great ass kisser.  I’m worried Zach’s family is too close to Woody.  Next season is going to be a really ugly debacle even by jet standards 

Kotite won a lot of games in Philly before it fell apart during his last season. And then the Jets swooped in.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Kotite won a lot of games in Philly before it fell apart during his last season. And then the Jets swooped in.

The word was out that Kotite was an incompetent head coach in philly.  Cunningham used to draw up plays in the huddle because Kotite had no idea he was doing, Kotite was a nice charming guy who was good at politicking that’s why hess hired him

Woody is too close with Zach’s family.  This is going to be a disaster 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JTJet said:

I don't believe that for a hot second. 

LaFleur was very obviously a source for a bunch of the Jets’ beat guys, so now they’re going to act like firing an OC whose team didn’t score a touchdown in its last three games is the crime of the century. Just another fun offseason storyline

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Hael said:

yes you can.  And he had multiple QBs out there.  WR room was in rebellion over his offense as evidenced by comments from Moore and his dad.  Not good.   What most people don't address is that keeping MLF would easily result in yet another locker room rebellion, particularly in the WR room.  MLF---->fragmented locker room.  Goodbye and good luck.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

LaFleur was very obviously a source for a bunch of the Jets’ beat guys, so now they’re going to act like firing an OC whose team didn’t score a touchdown in its last three games is the crime of the century. Just another fun offseason storyline

I don't remember seeing this much moaning and groaning since @SAR I when Adam Gase was fired.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hael said:

I wouldn’t say Mike was the worst. 

59 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That’s how a lot of position coaches are around the nfl. Nothing new. 

He had one year of experience as an offensive quality control coach (with the Niners, of course), and then he was let go.

The Jets hired him off the street, after a year off, to be the lead man developing the WRs.  He was massively under-experienced, even as a position coach.

Calabrese (QBs) and Embree (RBs) are similarly inexperienced, although not as glaringly as Austin. They could be the next coaches to go, once a new OC comes in.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And technically it’s true.  He was NOT fired.  He’s “parting ways”.  Like a mutual breakup!!!

Parting ways, like the red sea and Moses?!!

This is why I lose respect for Saleh.  The guy deserved to be fired, but Saleh didn't want to do it; he was forced to do it, so he told LeFleur to leave amicably, so that he doesn't look like he is firing him.  

• Haha 2