Lafleur has NOT been fired!! (merged title references unsubstantiated claim. please refrain from hilarious parody threads)

Matt39

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Woody’s about to sh*tcan both Saleh and LaFleur and show up with Payton/Harbaugh standing behind him when he talks to the media on Friday.

Dreams really do come true

link ?

Can Payton and Harbaugh arm wrestle at the presser?

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Was the issue the last 2 games Zach? Inquiring minds want to know.

Why would you only focus on a small sample size? Mike White had 5 broken ribs and the final game they were playing a 37 year old QB and 3 new offensive lineman.

Sad thing is, Joe Flacco looked better in that Miami game than Zach Wilson did in his final start of the year.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Hex said:

And Jets' failures without Zach Wilson?

Offense looked clearly better with Mike White until he got hurt in Buffalo.  

Generally speaking, the offense is going to take a dip when you are playing backup QBs and 37 year olds on their last hurrah behind an offensive line littered with backups to just get through the final game.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheClashFan said:

If someone on Twitter predicts that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, I figure it is a coin flip, at best, if that will really happen.

I think it’s more likely that the Jets beat is scrambling because they got upped by an NFL guy based in Houston.

• Upvote 2

Just now, football guy said:

Last I heard he was drawing up a plan identifying the reasons why they were so bad and how to fix it, which would be presented to Saleh and Douglas among others. I think there's a chance they don't like what they hear and he gets fired anyway, but waiting for more clarity (I texted these 3 tweets and asked for clarity lol)

I don't think they want to make a move without a clear path forward though. Like, I don't think its a situation where they would say "we're opening up our OC search"... its entirely possible they want to see what happens with Mike McDaniel or get another senior-level staff hire completed before deciding MLF's ultimate fate. Should know more soon 

His List:

1) ZERO run game, making the Jets one-dimensional 

2) Poor pass protection

3) Piss poor Quarterback play

MLF deserves blame but the run game implosion was insurmountable given 2) and 3)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Last I heard he was drawing up a plan identifying the reasons why they were so bad and how to fix it, which would be presented to Saleh and Douglas among others. I think there's a chance they don't like what they hear and he gets fired anyway, but waiting for more clarity (I texted these 3 tweets and asked for clarity lol)

I don't think they want to make a move without a clear path forward though. Like, I don't think its a situation where they would say "we're opening up our OC search"... its entirely possible they want to see what happens with Mike McDaniel or get another senior-level staff hire completed before deciding MLF's ultimate fate. Should know more soon 

Identifying the reasons.....

zach-wilson-griddy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think it’s more likely that the Jets beat is scrambling because they got upped by an NFL guy based in Houston.

It's not a secret that the Jets might fire their OC.  Maybe this guy just jumped the gun a little, trying to get a "scoop."

This guy isn't exactly Woj.

7 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

The optics are so bad.

How is Saleh going to sell that it was his decision if LaFleur goes?

At this point if they fire MLF they are cutting his balls off. 

And there you have it.  The quintessential roadblock to progress.  Woody getting in the way. 

For a moment there, I lost my focus.  I have been blaming ZW for the 2022 letdown.

Let me harken back to my usual tag line to sum up yet another disappointing season.

SAME OWNER, SAME RESULT

Just now, TheClashFan said:

It's not a secret that the Jets might fire their OC.  Maybe this guy just jumped the gun a little, trying to get a "scoop."

This guy isn't exactly Woj.

Honestly he’s more credible than the Jets beat team when it comes to breaking news.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think a real possibility exists where they "demote" him without changing his title by hiring someone who would essentially serve as his boss. That's why Gary Kubiak's name is being put out there; they can hire him in a similar capacity as the Vikings did in 2019 (Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Advisor) to oversee the offense and the QBs, while leaving the OC in place in a minimized role. 

Why does it feel like the Jets coaching staff is full of fraternity brothers who decided to open a bar

bar rescue but for crappy nfl franchises is actually a fun idea tbh

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Offense looked clearly better with Mike White until he got hurt in Buffalo.  

Generally speaking, the offense is going to take a dip when you are playing backup QBs and 37 year olds on their last hurrah behind an offensive line littered with backups to just get through the final game.

GW trashed LaFluer twice. The whole Zach Mike thing is clouding the issues of predictability and lack of flexibility. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

The optics are so bad.

How is Saleh going to sell that it was his decision if LaFleur goes?

At this point if they fire MLF they are cutting his balls off. 

Or Saleh is saving face when MLF gets fired so he doesn't look like the bad guy

OR 

the jets wasn't Saleh to quit so they can hire Mcvay or Payton......