Lafleur has NOT been fired!! (merged title references unsubstantiated claim. please refrain from hilarious parody threads)

Matt39

17 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Woody’s about to sh*tcan both Saleh and LaFleur and show up with Payton/Harbaugh standing behind him when he talks to the media on Friday.

Dreams really do come true

I am taking the under on the 2 year bet it will take Jet fans to call for Payton/Harbaugh's heads because we haven't made the Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Agree on both points. 

Also, Douglas stated that it would be up to Saleh as to whether LaFleur is retained. If true, and there’s no interference from ownership or Douglas, Saleh will want to keep LaFleur, and bring in a senior assistant for the offense or QB’s.

The risk for Saleh is that if the offense fails again next season, he might be fired himself. 

Got to keep the fall guy around for another year? lol

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

GW trashed LaFluer twice. The whole Zach Mike thing is clouding the issues of predictability and lack of flexibility. 

That's fine, and fair. I could take or leave LaFleur like I said in my original post. But the biggest issue was the QB in my opinion. The offense looked better when Mike White was playing QB. I think that says a lot about what the number 1 issue.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't care what they do but I saw enough QB school reviews using the all 22 where plenty guys were open. 

There was a lack of ingenuity in the run game but that might have to do with a revolving door on the line all season. 

Hire a senior advisor but not sure Lafleur deserves to be canned quite yet. 

This is absolutely the case. Our QB play on those was who... lol Zachenberg

decent QB play and there were plays to be made. 

Last 3 games not good by MLF and he deserves any sh!t people throw his way but to act as if the offense was garbage is just not true. 

19 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why would you only focus on a small sample size? Mike White had 5 broken ribs and the final game they were playing a 37 year old QB and 3 new offensive lineman.

Sad thing is, Joe Flacco looked better in that Miami game than Zach Wilson did in his final start of the year.

In the last 3 games Mike White played, they scored a total of 38 offensive points. 2 TDs and 8 FGs. That is less than 13 points a game, that is not getting it done.

Over the last 5 games they averaged 61 yards rushing, why anyone would defend MiLF is beyond me.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

I think a real possibility exists where they "demote" him without changing his title by hiring someone who would essentially serve as his boss. That's why Gary Kubiak's name is being put out there; they can hire him in a similar capacity as the Vikings did in 2019 (Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Advisor) to oversee the offense and the QBs, while leaving the OC in place in a minimized role. 

FIne by me.  Let LaFleur be to Robert Saleh what Jeff Weeks was to Rex Ryan. Just a buddy in the facility to have lunch with.

Just now, Claymation said:

In the last 3 games Mike White played, they scored a total of 38 offensive points. 2 TDs and 8 FGs. That is less than 13 points a game, that is not getting it done.

Over the last 5 games they averaged 61 yards rushing, why anyone would defend MiLF is beyond me.

Yeah, Mike White struggled to put the team in the endzone against the Vikings after carving up the Bears. They then only scored one TD in Buffalo against one of the best teams in the NFL in bad weather, and he got hurt in that game. But they moved the ball so much better when he was playing QB. The fact that we even have to debate the number 2 overall pick up against a 5th rounder taken by the Cowboys in 2018 says a lot.

Nobody is defending MLF. At least i'm not.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Becton, lmfao:

94863324-98A0-41FE-90D8-4829B805C579.jpeg.b6cb2fd0cbc09f747fdd05adecb83f41.jpeg

FWIW, this would be a huge reason for him being let go, and not just demoted.  There are more players who would be liking this tweet if they were lacking self-awareness like Becton.

By far the biggest beef players have with LaFleur is his reluctance to face them man-to-man. Too much reliance on the positional coaches to communicate messages to the players. 

• Post of the Week 3

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Becton, lmfao:

94863324-98A0-41FE-90D8-4829B805C579.jpeg.b6cb2fd0cbc09f747fdd05adecb83f41.jpeg

FWIW, this would be a huge reason for him being let go, and not just demoted.  There are more players who would be liking this tweet if they were lacking self-awareness like Becton.

Clean house and take Becton with them. 

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't care what they do but I saw enough QB school reviews using the all 22 where plenty guys were open. 

There was a lack of ingenuity in the run game but that might have to do with a revolving door on the line all season. 

Hire a senior advisor but not sure Lafleur deserves to be canned quite yet. 

Beyond the scheme and the play calling though, by all accounts I believe, the Zach development plan was poor (if not non-existent). Not to say Zach would have succeeded, but it looks a lot like a failure on both ends. MLF owns part of that, but Saleh just as much so IMO. That's not a minor failure. It was the most important part of this rebuild, and it was neglected almost entirely. I get the QB coach passed tragically. I don't buy that as an excuse. It should have been a setback, but it went unaddressed. They should have been all in on Zach's development from Day 1 after he was drafted. The necessary effort was not there. It's not enough to "learn from it" and pivot two wasted years later, especially when much of the rest of the roster is ready now.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

By far the biggest beef players have with LaFleur is his reluctance to face them man-to-man. Too much reliance on the positional coaches to communicate messages to the players. 

He's afraid to face his squad directly? Just great.

So MLF is the Catch 22 - Major Major of the NY Jets, then?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

If Woody did this then I say bravo and if Saleh has a problem then let him resign. This whole narrative that no one wants to come here is overblown. These jobs are hard to come by and can lead to HC positions. There will be plenty of takers. 

People will take Johnson's money. Doesn't mean Jets are preferable to other NFL teams, nor so college jobs. Florham Park has been a black mark on resumes for Johnson's entire ownership. 

51 minutes ago, Lith said:

If it would help with the decision, I would give my blessing to any request the Jets make to the University of Georgia to talk to Todd Monken about a return to the NFL.  

So Todd Monken, off directing a college offense to a totally dominant effort in the championship, is gonna sign up for Saleh's one year swan song. And he gets to work with the QB prodigy Zach Wilson. Yeah, not happening. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1