LaFleur and Jets part ways

12 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Nobodies following you you idiot I posted in this thread on the first page and have been discussing this topic for hours

its the biggest topic of the off-season you think anyone gives a rats ass about you ????

not only are you a fool, you’re also delusional

a rare combo!

The site literally alerts me every time, but okayyyyyy.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 4

It’s interesting that JETS FANS that still hold out hope that Zach can be fixed, are attacked and bullied by people that hate the guy, but when facts are provided that Mike White and Joe Flacco failed just as much with the same offensive coordinator, we are somehow idiots and are bullied to “STFU”.

i have chosen to ignore the racist attacks on me (I am black) and portrayal of Zach as being afraid of black people. (I was banned previously but these racists remain mainly because they have 20,000 posts and must be a decent person) But that’s for another day. 

Maybe I am an idiot for holding out hope for Zach, but I have never seen a young QB attacked to this extent and call me whatever names you want, ban me if that’s what it takes to shut me up, but I am allowed my opinion. Reality is, he probably won’t make it here, but those that don’t see the train wreck our offense  was both with and without Zach, I don’t know what to say.  If that’s not the OC’s fault, then fire all of them. Start over. 

But a word of advise. You may not like what I have to say, and I may not like what you have to say, but bullying people because you are the majority, shows what you are. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Exactly.  The Jets OC job is probably the most undesirable position available this off season.  It will be more of the same, another 7-10 season and a whole new staff next year.   Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Well, if they play Zach all 16 games, Caleb Williams will be in play for the next front office. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Jet fans are dumb as rocks

Not 1 player has improved under LaFloor

NOT ONE

Preface: I'm very happy MLF isn't the OC anymore. Too many young faces under a non-offense HC who's only experience in this capacity is with the Jets anyway. Whatever combination of Wilson, a new veteran, new draftee, return of MW, etc. things weren't working under him, and the playcalling was maddening too often. I get sometimes you have to run the ball even when it's not working, just so the D doesn't have the easy job of knowing what's coming every snap, but you'd think he had such success on 1st down runs up the gut, or failing to take shots on 2nd & 1, in favor of a short-yardage type play purely to get a new set of downs, and piss away the best passing down he could. Plus despite all that forced running of the ball, the bewildering lack of using that by calling some playaction passes while the D isn't purely leaning back to key on the pass. That said...

So many of the rest were rookies & 2nd year drafted players - higher picks at that - that any OC will get blame for the players' failures & no credit for their successes (deeming any success based on a good prospect's innate ability, no matter who the OC happened to be). 

Whether or not one wants to attribute it to Lafleur's 2021 arrival, this just is factually untrue, FactsOnly. ;) 

1. Until he got injured (and wasn't ever really 100% in 2022) I'd say under LaFleur there was a visible improvement from George Fant.

2. Mike White was cut by Dallas, was a borderline practice squad QB who was relegated to duking it out with a 4th round rookie bust for his roster spot before & when LaFleur got here. Then under Lafleur he was viewed as somewhere between a solid backup to a borderline (if not outright) starter. 

3. McGovern was utter garbage in 2020 and may very well have been cut if not for his 2nd guaranteed season. He had a massive and visible improvement in 2021 in Lafleur's first year.

4. AVT had just a so-so rookie season on balance, for all the kvelling over him at the time. He let a lot of rushers through or push him back. Big improvement in year 2.

5. Berrios upped his dollars not just because of a late-season kick return, but by having a knack for getting open quickly in 2021. That wasn't his career trajectory prior to 2021.

Is this enough? Not even close. There was a greater number of players who also got worse during his time here. That group would further include most of the players I just mentioned from 2021 to 2022 (really, everyone except AVT)! 

• Upvote 2

This is the perfect time to bring in an experienced OC, before getting into which one, but there are recently-fired offensive-side HCs, and OCs from any just-fired HC's staff, though admittedly I haven't taken a hard look at the list myself (not like I'm doing the hiring anyway lol).

Just generically, it's needed now because the GM and/or owner (if Woody wants to get further involved) will then have a viable option should they decide Saleh needs to go during the season. 

Bring in an OC with plenty of experience, including as HC. He brings in new position coaches on offense - QBC, WRC, RBC in particular - with whom he's very familiar, ideally. Then if a change needs to happen pick the best & most experienced of the 3 to take over as OC (at least in name) if the OC gets promoted to HC midseason.

Saleh won't like it from a job security standpoint on paper, and technically the offensive position coaches are still all his staff not the OC's staff so he may see to it this doesn't happen, but for the team rather than for the HC personally this is what should happen.

First move to correct a ludicrously under-experienced staff that wasn't exactly handed Peyton Manning from his late 20s to be the QB.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, derp said:

So getting an adult in the room with Gary Kubiak and whichever of his sons he wants to roll along in any roles would be awesome.

However. Brian Johnson. Anthony Richardson. Sit Richardson the year. Start to build an offense. Let Johnson take over if the playoffs don't happen.

Won't happen, but that'll be my fever dream for the next couple days.

The Gary Kubiak and Jr Show sounds like the best plan ... why ?  Because when Saleh gets fired next year guess who is going to step into that HC role ?

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is the perfect time to bring in an experienced OC, before getting into which one, but there are recently-fired offensive-side HCs, and OCs from any just-fired HC's staff, though admittedly I haven't taken a hard look at the list myself (not like I'm doing the hiring anyway lol).

Just generically, it's needed now because the GM and/or owner (if Woody wants to get further involved) will then have a viable option should they decide Saleh needs to go during the season. 

Bring in an OC with plenty of experience, including as HC. He brings in new position coaches on offense - QBC, WRC, RBC in particular - with whom he's very familiar, ideally. Then if a change needs to happen pick the best & most experienced of the 3 to take over as OC (at least in name) if the OC gets promoted to HC midseason.

Saleh won't like it from a job security standpoint on paper, and technically the offensive position coaches are still all his staff not the OC's staff so he may see to it this doesn't happen, but for the team rather than for the HC personally this is what should happen.

First move to correct a ludicrously under-experienced staff that wasn't exactly handed Peyton Manning from his late 20s to be the QB.

He doesn't have the luxury of worrying about experienced coaches taking his job any longer. He needs to win at all costs next season. 

• Upvote 2

I think this is pretty much confirmation that White is gone. I think one of the selling points for him as a backup would be his knowledge of the offence and track record of moving the ball within this system.

If we're really factoring in the reclamation of Zach as a project then he's going to be the backup at the very least. Which is terrifying in a lot of ways. Carr's durability looks pretty appealing right now. 

I don't know if MLF would have or could ever have been a decent OC with the injured garbage Ol and bush league QB he had to work with. Add losing Breece Hall to all of it and this is how it ends for probably anyone.

Is it possible anyone could have fared better with this heap of crap to work with? 

I think he wass fired just to appease fans. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Preface: I'm very happy MLF isn't the OC anymore. Too many young faces under a non-offense HC who's only experience in this capacity is with the Jets anyway. Whatever combination of Wilson, a new veteran, new draftee, return of MW, etc. things weren't working under him, and the playcalling was maddening too often. I get sometimes you have to run the ball even when it's not working, just so the D doesn't have the easy job of knowing what's coming every snap, but you'd think he had such success on 1st down runs up the gut, or failing to take shots on 2nd & 1, in favor of a short-yardage type play purely to get a new set of downs, and piss away the best passing down he could. Plus despite all that forced running of the ball, the bewildering lack of using that by calling some playaction passes while the D isn't purely leaning back to key on the pass. That said...

So many of the rest were rookies & 2nd year drafted players - higher picks at that - that any OC will get blame for the players' failures & no credit for their successes (deeming any success based on a good prospect's innate ability, no matter who the OC happened to be). 

Whether or not one wants to attribute it to Lafleur's 2021 arrival, this just is factually untrue, FactsOnly. ;) 

1. Until he got injured (and wasn't ever really 100% in 2022) I'd say under LaFleur there was a visible improvement from George Fant.

2. Mike White was cut by Dallas, was a borderline practice squad QB who was relegated to duking it out with a 4th round rookie bust for his roster spot before & when LaFleur got here. Then under Lafleur he was viewed as somewhere between a solid backup to a borderline (if not outright) starter. 

3. McGovern was utter garbage in 2020 and may very well have been cut if not for his 2nd guaranteed season. He had a massive and visible improvement in 2021 in Lafleur's first year.

4. AVT had just a so-so rookie season on balance, for all the kvelling over him at the time. He let a lot of rushers through or push him back. Big improvement in year 2.

5. Berrios upped his dollars not just because of a late-season kick return, but by having a knack for getting open quickly in 2021. That wasn't his career trajectory prior to 2021.

Is this enough? Not even close. There was a greater number of players who also got worse during his time here. That group would further include most of the players I just mentioned from 2021 to 2022 (really, everyone except AVT)! 

your facts are right but leave out some important ones.  zwilson regressed from last season to this one and then regressed even more from the beginning of this season to the end.  lafleur had players in the dog house.  obviously this could be on the players but the way you bring the players back into the fold is the key. except for a couple of early games, lafleur never did get the run game going to an acceptable level. some of this is due to oline continuity but some may be from vets tuning him out. and i don't think breece hall would've done that much better over the whole season.

getting back to zwilson, i think lafleur spun this kids head around so he didn't know which way was up.  i think lafleur was trying to get him so focused on his mechanics that he lost whatever touch he had in throwing the football.  if the qb doesn't play fluidly and has to think too much about every throw he'll fail.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JETS SB said:

It’s interesting that JETS FANS that still hold out hope that Zach can be fixed, are attacked and bullied by people that hate the guy, but when facts are provided that Mike White and Joe Flacco failed just as much with the same offensive coordinator, we are somehow idiots and are bullied to “STFU”.

Vasectomy is both safe and effective.  Zach can be fixed.

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

zwilson regressed from last season to this one and then regressed even more from the beginning of this season to the end.

No he didn't. He was the exact same sh*tty player then. 

That home opener is one of the most traumatic experiences I've had as a Jets fan. It was plainly obvious then - he can't play. 

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No he didn't. He was the exact same sh*tty player then. 

That home opener is one of the most traumatic experiences I've had as a Jets fan. It was plainly obvious then - he can't play. 

well, yes he did.  i suggest looking at the many zwilson you tubes from qb school, kurt warner and others.  i'm not saying he's a franchise type qb but he has the talent and the rest is fixable.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

well, yes he did.  i suggest looking at the many zwilson you tubes from qb school, kurt warner and others.  i'm not saying he's a franchise type qb but he has the talent and the rest is fixable.

Buddy I don't need to Kurt Warner to make my mind up for me. I've watched every snap he's played.

He was as garbage in 2021 as he is now. Same wide open misses, same awful footwork, same happy feet in the pocket. Not a thing has changed. 

To me, it reads more like MiLF stepped down to save his boy Saleh from having to fire him.  I do think he’ll be good with a team that has a competent QB - I don’t think he’s a terrible OC but woody wanted him gone and in the end, he’s the boss.  

just don’t fck it up and bring in bevell or some other stiff.

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Buddy I don't need to Kurt Warner to make my mind up for me. I've watched every snap he's played.

He was as garbage in 2021 as he is now. Same wide open misses, same awful footwork, same happy feet in the pocket. Not a thing has changed. 

Well, we disagree. I hope zwilson and the jets can figure this out.  It’ll be great to get the new oc on board asap and get him working with Wilson.

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The pocket.   The same pocket that killed Mike White and destroyed Joe Flacco.   Zach was bad but the pocket?   What pocket?   The Jets interior OL was complete trash after AVT went down.