LaFleur and Jets part ways

JetsFanatic

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Nope. W they made this move with the hope that an experienced OC can get Zach going. Too much invested in Zach. I don’t like it one bit but Zach is the starter. They’ll now either re-sign White or bring in a lesser veteran back up. 💯 

That’s my feeling as well. 

Zach or MLF, one goes, one starts at QB in 2023.

Another lost season “seeing what we got in Zach”, awesome 🤮

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

Just had this pop up on one of my feeds. Potential OC candidates. Any thoughts?

To save time and scrolling through too much click bate on this site, the coaches listed are:

Troy Calhoun

Jay Gruden

Doug Marrone 

Gary Kubiak 

Nathaniel Hacket

Todd Monken

Darrell Bevell

Kliff Kingsbury

https://thejetpress.com/posts/9-ny-jets-mike-lafleur-coaches-hire-kliff-kingsbury/5

• Upvote 2

Wasn't a big fan of him but I feel like this came from Woody and that scares me. 

Really worried we're headed down the path of the Colts. Can totally see the FO scrambling to get a Vet in as QB because ownership is breathing down their neck; and unless Lamar becomes available I feel like we're going to be making a move that'll get us nowhere longterm. Just some 10-7 type seasons with WC eliminations until we have to blow it up again. 

This organization always fails at the QB process, then it gets impatient and arguably worse things happen. We're just now recovering from Mike Maccagnans attempts to build a team impatiently. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

For everyone saying “another learning curve” - it’s literally their job.  Look at baker mayfield - he went to the rams on what, Tuesday and started/performed for them on Thursday?  They know what they’re doing - plus they’ll have an entire offseason to get it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

Link?

It did happen. I also remember being told that Sam sucking was actually good for the Jets so we could extend him cheaply for when the team is ready to compete.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

While I wanted to keep MLF with some experienced coaches around him it’s only because he’s so young and was learning on the job. He just wasn’t ready for this. Hope the best for him. Hopefully we can find someone else who has more experience and can give the O a much needed boost. 

Kingsbury maybe?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I remember sometime in october when everyone here was worried about losing mlf to a head coaching job

That was the same time we were talking Super Bowl here. I miss those days!

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Nope. W they made this move with the hope that an experienced OC can get Zach going. Too much invested in Zach. I don’t like it one bit but Zach is the starter. They’ll now either re-sign White or bring in a lesser veteran back up. 💯 

latest?cb=20160729154721

5 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

I still say they go after a Jimmy / Carr as a 1-2 year plan let Zach learn on the bench 

If they bring any of those guys it’s for two years at least. They won’t pick up Wilson’s fifth year option so he means nothing to the Jets. He’d never play unless injury. If I’m wrong, and they do bring in Carr or Garoppolo, then Zach is traded. He’d be too much of a distraction on the bench for the rest of his time here.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

Thats half the job. Now Bobby needs a good experienced coordinator that can build off the system in place.

Why would anyone like that take that job since as of now it’s saddled with BustYU and a regime officially walking down the green mile hoping the governor calls? We will get someone like the giants QB coach as OC.

Some might be celebrating, but does this mean they still believe Zach is the guy and he’ll progress under someone else?   

Would you rather have Carr/Jimmy G and MLF or Zach and Kubiak/Kingsbury?

Cause this move tells me that Zach has a much better chance of keeping the starting job and his struggles this year will be pinned on MLF rather then his overall lack of talent. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Just had this pop up on one of my feeds. Potential OC candidates. Any thoughts?

To save time and scrolling through too much click bate on this site, the coaches listed are:

Troy Calhoun

Jay Gruden

Doug Marrone 

Gary Kubiak 

Nathaniel Hacket

Todd Monken

Darrell Bevell

Kliff Kingsbury

https://thejetpress.com/posts/9-ny-jets-mike-lafleur-coaches-hire-kliff-kingsbury/5

Would add Mcadoo to the list. Made Darnold look serviceable. 

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

There is a real chance the next guy is not as good.  

The running game was humming before all of the injuries...

I’m partially upset and partially not.  I felt the same way - the offense looked great when healthy, arguably a QB away.  But when the injuries hit, MiLF didn’t do much to change his approach.

I think the game against the bills when white got popped and then Flacco came in and immediately took a 7 step drop was kinda the nail in the coffin for me for MiLF.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Another learning curve for the offense next year.  Not saying he shouldn't have been fired, but we just can't seem to have cohesiveness from year to year.  

Now is the time to do it. The Jets are getting a new QB.

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

No QB, a playoff mandate and a coaching staff on the hot seat, I’m sure guys will be lining up outside the Jets facility in the morning.  

Like always, the Jets are going to get some unqualified person because the candidates knows it’s one of 32 jobs. Anyone half decent will pass because it remains a clownshoes organization with no qb and a staff with one foot out the door. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This “haha Mike LaFleur sucks!” stuff is going to be retroactively hysterical when Joe Douglas is on his hands and knees begging Jimmy Garoppolo to take $80 million guaranteed dollars out of Woody Johnson’s trust fund in a few weeks. 

No reason now b/c they’re not running that offense.