LaFleur and Jets part ways

Just now, jgb said:

Why would anyone like that take that job since as of now it’s saddled with BustYU and a regime officially walking down the green mile hoping the governor calls? We will get someone like the giants QB coach as OC.

are you kidding? This is like a sizzling TBONE steak of a job. 

You literally just have to not such and game plan and strategize a game plan that has a decent change of success the bar is so low. THe line is getting healthy, you have wilson at WR plus possibly breece hall coming back. 

I mean it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that you dont base the offence off gimmick berrios plays. Any coordinator that comes in can set them up very nicely for future HC job. 

NY Jets are an destination coaching opportunity. I think we will generate a ton of interest from not only guys looking to jump to coord, but I think you see an established offensive guy like Kubiac possibly bring in someone or take the spot himself. 

Great opportunity all around.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Some might be celebrating, but does this mean they still believe Zach is the guy and he’ll progress under someone else?  

Yes.

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Cause this move tells me that Zach has a much better chance of keeping the starting job and his struggles this year will be pinned on MLF

Yes.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Like always, the Jets are going to get some unqualified person because the candidates with any promise know it’s one of 32 jobs. Anyone half decent will pass because it remains a clownshoes organization with no qb and a staff with one foot out the door. 

Exactly.  The Jets OC job is probably the most undesirable position available this off season.  It will be more of the same, another 7-10 season and a whole new staff next year.   Wash, rinse, repeat.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You literally just have to not such and game plan and strategize a game plan that has a decent change of success the bar is so low. THe line is getting healthy, you have wilson at WR plus possibly breece hall coming back. 

I mean it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that you dont base the offence off gimmick berrios plays. Any coordinator that comes in can set them up very nicely for future HC job. 

NY Jets are an destination coaching opportunity. I think we will generate a ton of interest from not only guys looking to jump to coord, but I think you see an established offensive guy like Kubiac possibly bring in someone or take the spot himself. 

Is this satire? 

• Haha 3

Great job for a new HC. Not for a OC tied to the existing regime.

Lots of guys were underutilized, there’s enough weapons and they’re getting breece back.  The new OC could look like a genius with all the guys returning and an experienced qb. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

1) GM drafts sh-tty QB #2 overall 

2) Shi-ty #2 overall QB plays like sh-t

3) Owner demands pound of flesh

4) GM directs HC to fire OC

Jesus this is dense. 

How about?

1 GM hires sh*tty no experience offensive coordinator

2 GM drafts sh*tty QB

3 sh*tty no experience offensive coordinator amazingly cant develop sh*tty QB

4 sh*tty no experience offensive coordinator also doesnt succeed with 2 other QBs

5 sh*tty no experience offensive coordinator loses his job

6 sh*tty QB most likely gets benched for FA vet

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

You get the feeling that the Jets have their replacement in place already with this move.

If think the considerations all week were discussing MLF’s role and expectations with the new offensive coach and it obviously didn’t align.

Or we don’t know have any plan and we’re starting from scratch.

Steve Young spilled on the Kay show about LaFleur and Wilson falling out

According to Young, the OC gave ZW “tough love” he “didn’t need” and “kept him at arms’ length”

The relationship is “broken”

Whichever new guy can convince them he can “fix” ZW will get the gig

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

What’s Jeremy Bates up to? Bigfoot hunting?

Forest Woods GIF by BuzzFeed

i would luv for them to bring back Jeremy Bates but not as OC...just QB coach and pass game coordinator.  He is a lot like MLF only better but he does have some of those introvert tendencies hence keep him out of spot light he is fine.

• Upvote 2