LaFleur and Jets part ways

3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Lol that is not the plan, you're just completely making sh*t up. 

I’ve been a jet fan for 30 years.  I’ve seen this organization tell a 21 year old Peyton Manning to take a hike, trade Keyshawn Johnso,  John Abraham and Hugh Douglas all in their primes, trade multiple firsts for a DT out of Kentucky with known injury issues, draft a kicker in round 2, trade for Tim Tebow and hire Gase over Mike McCarthy 

Do not underestimate the stupidity of this franchise 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McDaniel is starting Skylar Thompson in a game vs the Bills. Maybe he gets fired and they can scoop him up? 

I have a feeling that if the Buccaneers beat the Cowboys in the Wild Card, then Jerry Jones will go the full Jerry and fire McCarthy in the hope he can convince Sean Payton to come to Arlington. Nek minnut, Saleh "steps down" from the head coaching role and Woody hires McCarthy.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Completely disagree. While the outcome of this year was tough, we undoubtedly have a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Breece, BAM, Carter, AVT, G Wilson, Moore and Berrios. Add in if Becton/ Mitchell come back, we're looking more than solid talent wise. Plus whatever talent we sign & draft. 

Sign a vet QB, re-sign White. I know everyone has given up on Zach but the raw talent is still there and crazier things have happened. 

It's not undesirable as you claim. It's a risk for whoever takes the job but certainly not undesirable. 

It’s definitely undesirable. Who wants to take the offensive coordinator position when the head coach and gm are on the hot seat. If jets aren’t in playoffs next year woody is cleaning house. 

Im surprised how the board sentiment is resounding in that this must have been saleh/woody booting LaFleur.  Maybe that is the case, but MLF has an agent with a phone and a computer.  Once the "will the jets fire him" becomes public, especially after the false tweet today, why would he want to stay here, so that he can have an entire year of the media speculating whether or not he will be fired after every bad offensive game?  

MLF isnt a 4th year banking analyst looking for a job in a recession.  Hes a bright young football mind who was given the worst QB play in the league the past 2 season, not bad QB play - the worst in the league.  He will get some sort of settlement from the jets, and will have a new job before the superbowl. Maybe its not as OC and he winds up as a passing game coordinator or something, but he will certainly get another OC shot in a year or 2.  Can easily argue this is the smart play by MLF

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I’ve been a jet fan for 30 years.  I’ve seen this organization tell a 21 year old Peyton Manning to take a hike, trade Keyshawn Johnso,  John Abraham and Hugh Douglas all in their primes, trade multiple firsts for a DT out of Kentucky with known injury issues, draft a kicker in round 2, trade for Tim Tebow and hire Gase over Mike McCarthy 

Do not underestimate the stupidity of this franchise 

Good for you, but you're wrong

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

You're thinking what I’m thinking?

Woody is about to dust off his HS school playbook.

Owner turned Offensive Guru, Woody Johnson, is about to right this ship.

He would still score more TDs than a Lafleur offense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

I think JD supported this move because it offloads some of Zach's poor performance onto MLF. This also provides team Zach with another excuse - a 2nd offensive system in 3 years. JD refuses to admit he blew the #2 OA pick.

It also gives other draft picks the chance to redeem themselves, like moore and mims, who weren’t part of the game plans.  Plus MLF seems to have completely forgotten that carter can catch.  And I’d like to see ruckert in there instead of the other TE stiffs who can’t block. 

• Upvote 1

While Lefleur deserves this if there is a rift between him and Saleh and JD it’s related to the blame game over Zach. It was JD who selected Zach overall no 2 and always a make or break moment for this regime. If Zach failed heads will roll and so far it’s only LaFleur getting fired. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Praying for Darrell Bevell because you all deserve to feel my pain

After laying his body on the line for the team and organization, MW is left with 5 broken ribs (one for each turnstile OL who let him down) and no contract 

ZW, who has never encountered a pocket he couldn’t flee, still has the undying commitment from the GM and HC

“look, we have to do a better job supporting Zach”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Just now, Rangers9 said:

While Lefleur deserves this if there is a rift between him and Saleh and JD it’s related to the blame game over Zach. It was JD who selected Zach overall no 2 and always a make or break moment for this regime. If Zach failed heads will roll and so far it’s only LaFleur getting fired. 

Definitely seems like the first time that hc and gm were not aligned.  But also you have other draft picks who weren’t getting enough play on offense.  

59 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Why are people actually complaining? I am so utterly confused. 

How many opening drives are we going to go scoreless? How many GAMES are we going to go without scoring ONE touchdown? How many touchdowns did we score the last 3 games combined? Our entire coaching staff lacks experience. We need someone that can come in here and develop young talent. 

The Jets will always make Jetsy moves but this is not a bad move. Some of you just simply love to complain. 

It is mind boggling. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

After laying his body on the line for the team and organization, MW is left with 5 broken ribs (one for each turnstile OL who let him down) and no contract 

ZW, who has never encountered a pocket he couldn’t flee, still has the undying commitment from the GM and HC

“look, we have to do a better job supporting Zach”

They have to say this if they intend to trade him.  It’s unclear if wilson is back in 2023

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

Mike McDaniel is no guarantee to be back with Miami, so he’s a name to watch. Darrell Bavell too. Nathanial Hackett has to be considered as a possibility as well

Have no idea what’s going RE: Kubiak front. But if he comes aboard there’s so many talented and experienced coaches that would follow. 

Do you think they would seek a “seasoned” OC who they think can replace Saleh as HC if the need arises, or would that not be a consideration?