Rosenblatt says one name to keep an eye on for Jets OC is....

AFJF

21 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Why get rid of MLF and keep the same system? The only way that makes sense to me is if the coach just didn't connect with his players. 

Didn’t connect, couldn’t adjust, was a poor teacher and plain sucked at play calling and scheming.  All can be true while the scheme obviously works, there are more than a few running it successfully.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetsons said:

He was my preference when the Jets hired Saleh... but Saleh chose otherwise... well, maybe not so "wise". ;)

Agree this is the situation to watch.  Miami is likely one and done.  Tua is not going to get resigned.  The Jets OC position is not a coveted one, except maybe for some coaches who want a bit of payback.  Ross is a jerk, bonafide, makes Woody look like Art Rooney.  McDaniel comes as OC, Bevell as QB coach/assistant head coach, something like that.  They get to lay it in Miami's face that they're giving up on a good coaching staff too quickly.  And they know the other personnel in the AFC East well.  This to me would be ideal.  It's part of why Bevell is high on the list as well.  He knows the division.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Payton or Harbaugh to the Fins?

I keep reading about Payton flagrantly campaigning for jobs but not doing much to get any of them, which makes me think he already has one lined up, and if Ross already had a deal in place for him and Brady, why wouldn’t they just go back to it? I think, if I was Ross, I’d rather have Payton and Brady than McDaniel any day of the week, especially given how weird McDaniel is

8 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Agree this is the situation to watch.  Miami is likely one and done.  Tua is not going to get resigned.  The Jets OC position is not a coveted one, except maybe for some coaches who want a bit of payback.  Ross is a jerk, bonafide, makes Woody look like Art Rooney.  McDaniel comes as OC, Bevell as QB coach/assistant head coach, something like that.  They get to lay it in Miami's face that they're giving up on a good coaching staff too quickly.  And they know the other personnel in the AFC East well.  This to me would be ideal.  It's part of why Bevell is high on the list as well.  He knows the division.

Miami is in a tough spot b/c they went all in with those trades and now they’re at the point where doctors aren’t going to clear Tua anymore.  So they’re going to need a new qb, an experienced one like the jets b/c they’re also in win now mode.  So i wouldn’t be surprised if they also went after Brady and carr.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Miami is in a tough spot b/c they went all in with those trades and now they’re at the point where doctors aren’t going to clear Tua anymore.  So they’re going to need a new qb, an experienced one like the jets b/c they’re also in win now mode.  So i wouldn’t be surprised if they also went after Brady and carr.

I tend to think Brady is a package deal.  Brady and Payton or Harbaugh.  Has already been rumored that McDaniel may be out of a job.  Brady and Payton were supposed to land in Miami last year.  Harbaugh and Ross have the Michigan connection and I doubt Ross wants to see Harbaugh go to any other team but Miami.   Think we'll know by mid-week next week whether McDaniel is on the market.

1 minute ago, Phillyjet said:

I tend to think Brady is a package deal.  Brady and Payton or Harbaugh.  Has already been rumored that McDaniel may be out of a job.  Brady and Payton were supposed to land in Miami last year.  Harbaugh and Ross have the Michigan connection and I doubt Ross wants to see Harbaugh go to any other team but Miami.   Think we'll know by mid-week next week whether McDaniel is on the market.

I think when all the smoke clears and the jets have a new staff it’s going to look better than what they had.  I’m actually not that concerned, b/c MLF was bad at everything an OC was supposed to be, including leadership.  

The big question i have is, are they going to keep wilson?  B/c they’re going hard after veteran qbs and this coaching staff may not believe in wilson at all.  So keeping him would only be a distraction, is he active, is he deactivated, is he on a beach, is he wearing a hoodie on the sidelines.  

Woody said all the right things yesterday but he was definitely fed those lines and that’s ok.  He’s an owner lacking pr skills.  While i doubt the jets would take a qb in round 1 or 2 of this draft, they could still take one in the later rounds, deal wilson, and then reassess after the season.  I just don’t think these new coaches want to implement a new scheme AND develop wilson.  This team’s roster is ready to compete from opening day with a competent starter. 

54 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Pretty sure SF gave him the OC job as soon as they found out Saleh was leaving for the Jets 

I'm sure McDaniel would have been privy of saleh's HC'ing interview situation if saleh had wanted him as the OC... I'm sure Lefleur knew he would be the OC if saleh was ever offered the job.  

33 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I'm sure McDaniel would have been privy of saleh's HC'ing interview situation if saleh had wanted him as the OC... I'm sure Lefleur knew he would be the OC if saleh was ever offered the job.  

Sure. But he was already on the SF staff and rumors were SF was going to promote him to keep him. It’s all speculative at this point and I don’t doubt Saleh was set on bringing LaFleur but back then SF viewed McDaniels as the guy to hold onto.  

27 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Sure. But he was already on the SF staff and rumors were SF was going to promote him to keep him. It’s all speculative at this point and I don’t doubt Saleh was set on bringing LaFleur but back then SF viewed McDaniels as the guy to hold onto.  

Exactly why I felt he may have been better here.