Cimini's OC candidates

Bronx

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Your memory is scary man. Nothing gets by you.  Yes, that was indeed the "They don't have pancakes here?" breakfast.

JetNation wasn't born yet. But it wasn't much longer after that.  Paul Hackett and his son were pretty much there for the birth lol.

The ice ball tailgate was in 2010 afc championship game? Lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bevell as the oc of jacksonville last year (2021) was leading Lawrence into being an epic bust and they had a worse offense than the jets did.

Looks like the Jets are rounding up all the worst possible candidates.

It looks like Salehs priorities are to find a buddy list, not the right candidate. Blind leading the blind.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bevell as the oc of jacksonville last year (2021) was leading Lawrence into being an epic bust and they had a worse offense than the jets did.

He was also on the Dolphins offensive staff with Tua's sudden relevance. He has a long history in the NFL. I think a lot of Lawrence's struggles also had to do with (1) the lack of any talent at all and (2) Urban Meyer pissing all over the entire organization.

Bevell wouldn't be one of the worst options. There aren't really many great ones this season.

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

He was also on the Dolphins offensive staff with Tua's sudden relevance. He has a long history in the NFL. I think a lot of Lawrence's struggles also had to do with (1) the lack of any talent at all and (2) Urban Meyer pissing all over the entire organization.

Bevell wouldn't be one of the worst options. There aren't really many great ones this season.

Being on the staff of McDaniel is not thesame as being oc which he was for jax.  Worst choice?  No he wouldn't be the worst but to me he would not be a good choice. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Being on the staff of McDaniel is not thesame as being oc which he was for jax.  Worst choice?  No he wouldn't be the worst but to me he would not be a good choice. 

Fair. What available people do you think would be good replacements?

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The only case I can make for Bevell centers around JetNation Ad Revenue. Other than that, I got nothing.

• Haha 4

It will be Hackett, because Jets. And he will then bring in his dad as senior offensive assistant, and his brother - who isn't even a coach - to handle the QBs. Nepotism rules.

Seriously, not overly enthused by this list of Saleh's buddies. We've been there before, and it didn't work.

We need better offensive coaching - at OC, QB, WR and RB. Get upgrades in there to coach those positions.

It looks like anyone dreaming of a big-name target like Reich, Kingsbury or Monken are going to be disappointed.

Of the Cimini list, I like Olson the best - on the assumption that it makes us more likely to land Carr.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t think HCs, who all think they’re better than any other candidate are wired like the rest of the human race.   
Also are they afraid of young and upcoming assistants?  The hot kid on the rise? 
They’d never hire anyone. 

It’s not about thinking you’re better.

Its human nature as someone learning an an authoritative skill (new manager), to not want any mediate threats to that authority. 

Its basic stuff, human decision making factors, motivation and behavioral economics are built into what I do all day, I stand by my assessment and I’m not going to argue about it. You can agree to disagree. I’m not trying to convince anyone, just sharing my pov.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Before a Jets game in Pittsburgh in 2004 we had breakfast and Paul Hackett was sitting at the next table with his son. I don't know if he has multiple sons or not. Always wondered if that was Nathaniel.

Am I crazy if I like the thought of him becoming the OC here?

Bevell...if that happens I will have to upgrade the server. Gregg Olsen scares me. An O\C for so long with so little buzz.

Why no Kingsbury on this list? There has to be a better option out there.

I'd like Hackett as a QB coach / passing coordinator guy.

But as you said for OC we can do better. If Reich strikes out on all HC spots, he would be the #1 option now since Kubiak isn't a possibility anymore.

the ideal coach?

1.  has no life

2. everyone hates him except family dog who is just afraid of him

3. never leaves building and sleep on couch in office

4. is out of shape, weathered, ugly, and grumpy

5. doesn't say much during pressers and gives 1 word answers

6. 300+ pound men are afraid of him somehow

7. loves to grab face mask on sideline yells in players face when they inevitably **** up

8. bases system on player available to him and runs a hybrid of everyone's system to get the best out of what he has

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47cht0t10uxphwaviidin

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

the ideal coach?

1.  has no life

2. everyone hates him except family dog who is just afraid of him

3. never leaves building and sleep on couch in office

4. is out of shape, weathered, ugly, and grumpy

5. doesn't say much during pressers and gives 1 word answers

6. 300+ pound men are afraid of him somehow

7. loves to grab face mask on sideline yells in players face when they inevitably **** up

8. bases system on player available to him and runs a hybrid of everyone's system to get the best out of what he has

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47cht0t10uxphwaviidin

Except for the whole gender thing being a man, many of your bullets suggest my mother in law is the next oc of the jets.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, freestater said:

Ugh. Of course Kubiak isn't interested 

Freestater, Gary Kubiak is the name that was originally bandied about right after Woody was awarded the Jets franchise and Belichick handed in his resignation on a bar napkin saying he wasn't interested in being the HC of the NYJ, then proceeded to steal a million dollars from the Hess family...ah we all already KNOW all this stuff

10 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He’s why Eric Bienemy can’t get a HC gig.

Woody Johnson had 3 names on his list of Head Coaching candidates to replace Todd Bowles; Adam Gase, Mike McCarthy, and Eric Bienemy. Now can somebody please explain to me how someone could look at that list and come up with the just fired ex-head coach of the Miami Dolphins over the ex-HC of the Packers, a Super Bowl WINNING ex-HC of the GBP and Eric Bienemy who as OC of the KC Chiefs helped the team throw for 50 TD passes and the point totals in every game are staggering to see in this or ANY day and age of the NFLHere, go look for yourselves( https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2018.htm ) or Adam Gase-talk about not know you azz from your elbow, Woody Johnson's name and picture are in the dictionary

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Interesting thought, at what point does he leave and take an O\C job somewhere else to get out of Reid's shadow?

Isn't it a rule still Max, that a coach can't be interviewed if it's a lateral move? Eric Bieniemy CAN go in and talk to Johnson and Douglas about taking over Saleh's job but not to replace MLF.

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 9.01.01 AM.jpg

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

That’s a couple posts where you keep saying everyone sucks.  Who do think will be good and why so we can quote this at a later date.  Or do you just want to butch about everyone?

39 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Give your OC candidate list.

Preferably not a bunch of miserable dweebs who sucked everywhere they went.  Personally, I'd prefer a former HC because this staff needs some senior leadership and Saleh needs someone who he can outsource the offense to and never have to think about it again.

Gary Kubiak

Frank Reich

Jim Caldwell

Kliff Kingsbury

David Shaw

if Saleh is intimidated by a former HC and wants to be a pusswah about it, I'd like at the staffs that will be dismantled:

Kellen Moore

Pep Hamilton 

Liam Coen

What I dont want is a positional coach or passing game coordinator being give a prove it shot.  Too late for that sh*t.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Hideous list, and exactly why we should have kept MLF. Retreads who have failed elsewhere whose only shot to get back up is to take this dead end gig.

If we get Carr, Greg Olson makes sense.

Hackett and Bevell make me want to puke.

These are the trashiest OCs ever. And this is the big plan to salvage Zach?!?!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Hideous list, and exactly why we should have kept MLF. Retreads who have failed elsewhere whose only shot to get back up is to take this dead end gig.

If we get Carr, Greg Olson makes sense.

Hackett and Bevell make me want to puke.

exactly, terrible systems and terrible coaches who have routinely failed their team and QB....just hope its wrong.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

Preferably not a bunch of miserable dweebs who sucked everywhere they went.  Personally, I'd prefer a former HC because this staff needs some senior leadership and Saleh needs someone who he can outsource the offense to and never have to think about it again.

Gary Kubiak

Frank Reich

Jim Caldwell

Kliff Kingsbury

David Shaw

if Saleh is intimidated by a former HC and wants to be a pusswah about it, I'd like at the staffs that will be dismantled:

Kellen Moore

Pep Hamilton 

Liam Coen

What I dont want is a positional coach or passing game coordinator being give a prove it shot.  Too late for that sh*t.

I mean, I really don't think the issue is that Saleh wouldn't hire these guys. The issue is that they wouldn't take his calls.

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Gary Kubiak

Frank Reich

Jim Caldwell

Kliff Kingsbury

David Shaw

Kellen Moore

Pep Hamilton 

Liam Coen

Kubiak - Zach will cause him to have another heart attack

Pep Hamilton - was horrible with the colts, is part of why they botched Luck

Moore - will get a HC job 

Reich - can get a HC job and wants nothing to do with Zach and Woody

Kingsbury - not coming here. Either goes back to college or the patriots

Shaw - can get a HC job 

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Saleh doesn’t want anyone in the room that can make him look under qualified.

Its funny, I was reading today about managing people that are more experienced than you. Kind of applies here. 

It's almost like our minds are spread across 2 incredibly sexy bodies. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpankyJohnson said:

Isn't Bevell the one who called the pass play at the goal line for Seattle and Russ threw the pick ?   When he had Beastmode ??  

Yes. Carroll took the hit but it was really bevel who made the dumbest playcall in the history of football 

And this is the guy who is supposed to fix Zach Wilson.  The stupidity of this organization oh my God

• Upvote 1