Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

Votecount
Pac - Beaver, jvill, Pac, Barry (4)
Crusher - Smash (1)
Jvill - Stark (1)
Jif -Arsis (1)
Greenseed - 80, crusher (2)
80 - Greenseed, jgb, Hal, lurker (4)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
There is no deadline at this time.

• More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This one?  Doesn't really tell us anything on whether he's lying or not.  More votes = more pressure which can lead to a "slip", so that's what I'm advocating for currently on Greenpeen.

If you take it at face value, you know he’s either scum or a vanilla townie. Hence why I asked about the ratio of specific roles to vanilla. I don’t know him well enough to assess likelihood of a playing dumb ruse. Although why would a townie want to create the impression that he is LESS likely to be a townie?

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If you take it at face value, you know he’s either scum or a vanilla townie. Hence why I asked about the ratio of specific roles to vanilla. 

Speculating on whether a player is vanilla town or power role is not a good idea.  Anything that "outs" a player as VT limits the pool on who scum will shoot at at night.  You want them to shoot at VTs.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Speculating on whether a player is vanilla town or power role is not a good idea.  Anything that "outs" a player as VT limits the pool on who scum will shoot at at night.  You want them shoot at VTs.

You caught me editing — I added: “. I don’t know him well enough to assess likelihood of a playing dumb ruse. Although why would a townie want to create the impression that he is LESS likely to be a townie?”

It strengthens your case.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Speculating on whether a player is vanilla town or power role is not a good idea.  Anything that "outs" a player as VT limits the pool on who scum will shoot at at night.  You want them to shoot at VTs.

Ah I understand, he may be a power townie wanting to feign ignorance that such roles exist to signal to scum he’s a mere vanilla. Gotcha.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

Although why would a townie want to create the impression that he is LESS likely to be a townie?”

It strengthens your case.

Why indeed.  Sometimes players do that regardless of alignment.  Townies, particularly VTs, sometimes want to look suspicious or more powerful than they are because they're not a big loss if lynched OR they might draw a scum shot.

Scum, meanwhile, sometimes wants to look like they're playing the good townie and being transparent/honest so they don't draw votes.  Scum who says things like "Hey, I get why you think I might be scum" could be trying to "buddy up" to town and avoid the noose.  

Hence....again....can't trust ANYONE and there are always nuanced (@JiFields) things going on amongst experienced players.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

clemonsNo.jpg.12375bc4274a179ea9da849ddd6c1ea2.jpg

Ok….

You’ve put that Homer d’oh reaction on my vote counts twice now.

Why? If there’s something wrong with them it would be helpful if you just, you know, told me.

I can’t fix it if I don’t know what’s wrong.

• More Ugh 1

Just now, Nolder said:

Ok….

You’ve put that Homer d’oh reaction on my vote counts twice now.

Why? If there’s something wrong with them it would be helpful if you just, you know, told me.

I can’t fix it if I don’t know what’s wrong.

I think Barry has a side goal this game of trying to get you to put him back on ignore, lol.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’ll forget about it the next time a dust mote floats by and grabs your attention 

May a scum kill and no doctor bring you back. 

Proposition squad.... kill jgb and find out if he was an over aggressive scum or an over zealous townie. Start fresh day 2 ?

Vote jgb

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think Barry has a side goal this game of trying to get you to put him back on ignore, lol.

Being needlessly difficult and passive aggressive is annoying but I’m not going to ignore him for it. Nor would I call him a pussy for such behavior.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

Being needlessly difficult and passive aggressive is annoying but I’m not going to ignore him for it. Nor would I call him a pussy for such behavior.

Just tell him you had to cut him from the game for salary cap reasons if you really want to see fireworks 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

May a scum kill and no doctor bring you back. 

Proposition squad.... kill jgb and find out if he was an over aggressive scum or an over zealous townie. Start fresh day 2 ?

Vote jgb

It’s depressing that waffling vacillators are the ones who decide every Presidential election

• Haha 2

Votecount
Pac - Beaver, jvill, Pac, Barry (4)
Crusher - Smash (1)
Jvill - Stark (1)
Jif -Arsis (1)
Greenseed - 80, crusher (2)
80 - Greenseed, jgb, Hal (3)

jgb - lurker (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
There is no deadline at this time.