Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I hear you on unvoting. 

I thought maybe Nolder was introducing a new mechanic, that this one person isn’t able to change their mind once voting. 

And, Thanks! Super proud that I’m raising a good pickle. 

OBP2CKt.gif.c63b2808cd2b2a58c54fa9c4307b83bf.gif

55 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I hear you on unvoting. 

I thought maybe Nolder was introducing a new mechanic, that this one person isn’t able to change their mind once voting

That’s how it read to me.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

holders rule was "unvote" is not necessary to change vote, so I don't know why this would matter. Verb can always just vote someone else with low count vs "unvote" 

congrats on lil peen 

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

I hear you on unvoting. 

I thought maybe Nolder was introducing a new mechanic, that this one person isn’t able to change their mind once voting. 

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That’s how it read to me.

Would be a pretty pointless restriction to allow him to change votes but just not unvote I’d think. I also read it as just applying to Day 1, but we should get confirmation from @Drums there.

23 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Would be a pretty pointless restriction to allow him to change votes but just not unvote I’d think. I also read it as just applying to Day 1, but we should get confirmation from @Drums there.

It just applies to day 1 unless stated otherwise 

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Can I retain you for council in Mafia regulations? 

Even if you are scum that’s not a big deal when hiring an attorney.

The first detrimental effect of the trap applied only to Day 1 thus without an explicit application of the second effect to additional days, there is no other reasonable way to interpret it.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The game doesn’t require unvoting. Why would a restriction on a player unvoting be a thing at all? I read it as he has 1-vote he must cast and not move.

Can clarify this quickly. I gave him the ability to vote but he would not have been able to unvote. There were ten min till deadline. You guys got the lynch before I finished writing it anyway so it’s moot. Was not triggered by anything and should basically be ignored at this point. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Can clarify this quickly. I gave him the ability to vote but he would not have been able to unvote. There were ten min till deadline. You guys got the lynch before I finished writing it anyway so it’s moot. Was not triggered by anything and should basically be ignored at this point. Sorry for the confusion. 

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. So, vernal can function (above the waist) normally going forward.

• Haha 4

So am I correct that once we get the votes to lynch the day ends immediately? Judging by others’ comments it is customary to give the prospective lynchee some time to come to their own defense before dropping the trap door (when not right up against the deadline).

Are we all on board with that?

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

So am I correct that once we get the votes to lynch the day ends immediately? Judging by others’ comments it is customary to give the prospective lynchee some time to come to their own defense before dropping the trap door (when not right up against the deadline).

Once majority is reached, it’s over. That is why we call the final vote the hammer. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Drums said:

So Drums tried to give Verbal a pity vote but it didn't even end up mattering, so it  just looked like a cruel joke.  lmao.

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

In a ‘hammer’ game, yes the final vote = lynch = day phase ends. 

We typically allow someone at L1-L2 (shorthand for 1-2 votes away from death) some space for a last stand or reveal. That’s just sportsmanship. It’s not a rule. Since it was deadline, it’s even less observed.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Beaver was around before he got lynched and had opportunities to reveal.  As a vanilla town, it is best NOT to reveal that you are, but as Ape noted, suggest you're fine with being lynched.  

Power roles are encouraged to reveal at around L-2.  Too early and we out a power role for no reason.  Too late and a power role needlessly gets lynched.  So that's why that policy exists.  

• Upvote 1