Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

Who do you think pings?

I made it clear throughout day one ..... 80 JGB and Crusher were all on my list . I voted PAC to get him active. If you read my posts you will see I was pretty consistent with those views. Keep in mind it was day 1 no one had a good case. Looks like I was right about 80 to some extent not bragging on it, he was just off to me. That being said I'm still having to take a good look at JGB moving forward. Knowing now 80 was a SK could provide some hints. I felt 80 and JGB were somehow connected when I questioned JGB a bit he started changing a few things in his play like referring to the WIKI when pressured to try and cover what seemed to be a bit too much knowledge for a new player. While I started leaning away from that now I'm wondering if they were a SK team with 80 coaching him up early. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My case on pac is literally 1 page back. Gfy

Why don’t you instead explain what pings about each of the guys in your list?

I read that and thought there might be more if you had cared to sway my vote to one or the other....  but okay cool nevermind.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I saw him for what he was pretty early, but by keeping quiet on the theory I got to watch him scum hunt as SK. That vantage point often makes it very easy, so I wanted to see where he made cases vs. hopping on others cases. SK wants to gain town cred, so finding scum is important to them… and they see the game at a different angle.

My strategy on not lynching him was spot on. Scum wasted a NK on him, thus not targeting town like they should have. The mistake we made was not lynching pac or smash, imo.

Vote ape

43 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

What’s the best case against PAC?  

@Integrity28 's case from what I garnered from the above is that verbal and smash tried bussing Pac. 

Verbal tried to connect Ape to  Pac alluding to Ape defending Pac to sow doubt around Ape. Verbal knowing Pac is scum would be trying to take out the number one threat in all of mafia-dom ... Ape (at least thats how Ape sees it)

Smash Votes Pac and then unvotes him once theres some steam under the guise of bringing him into the game from inactivity because he doesnt actually want to get his scum ally killed.

My only qualm on the Pac train was none of it was based on his action... it was based on his inaction and how others used that. Two scum could be bussing an inactive townie and targeting ape for FOS at the same time. 

For that I would think Smash is the better target than Pac.

So I say hey ****head lets talk this through and I'm  the *****bag.

You know as townies we could speak plainly to garner a consensus.... but **** it let the circlejerk of narcissism going.

Vote Smash

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I just read the lover role and it explicitly states they can cross factions. Seems verbal and 80 were lovers except, why wouldn't 80s reveal state that?

Jesus, stop.

The details of the scenes make it clear they targeted each other. They weren’t lovers. It would have been in 80’s role title. Are you really this bad or scum?

43 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

From what JGB posted earlier lover means they are linked to someone.  

second they can be in any roll, so he was scum.  

Verb was scum because the kid told us he was scum. If there’s another lover we’ll eventually find out. All this discussion does is create noise and distract from my case in pac + the fact other people are voting and giving lists with zero rationale explained.

11 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@Integrity28 's case from what I garnered from the above is that verbal and smash tried bussing Pac. 

Verbal tried to connect Ape to  Pac alluding to Ape defending Pac to sow doubt around Ape. Verbal knowing Pac is scum would be trying to take out the number one threat in all of mafia-dom ... Ape (at least thats how Ape sees it)

Smash Votes Pac and then unvotes him once theres some steam under the guise of bringing him into the game from inactivity because he doesnt actually want to get his scum ally killed.

My only qualm on the Pac train was none of it was based on his action... it was based on his inaction and how others used that. Two scum could be bussing an inactive townie and targeting ape for FOS at the same time. 

You know as townies we could speak plainly to garner a consensus.... but **** it let the circlejerk of narcissism going.

Vote Smash

Solid. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Jesus, stop.

The details of the scenes make it clear they targeted each other. They weren’t lovers. It would have been in 80’s role title. Are you really this bad or scum?

According to the role if one lover does the other dies simultaneously. If verbal and 80 weren't lovers why wasn't there a 3rd death? 

The only thing I can think of is the 3rd person was protected.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

According to the role if one lover does the other dies simultaneously. If verbal and 80 weren't lovers why wasn't there a 3rd death? 

The only thing I can think of is the 3rd person was protected.

According to mafia universe protection wouldn't even help.

Notes:

There is usually nothing that can prevent both Lovers from dying simultaneously. Even if one lover is hiding/commuting/being protected during the night, while the other lover is killed, both will still die

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don’t like any of them top of list for D2. My major ping on crush was a sense he may be collab with 80. Obviously not the case. 

unvote

This was my “I have a thought about 80” comment. Except I assumed it was he collaborating with YOU.

My (very close) second thought was that you are collaborating with Crusher.  We still haven’t explained your higher education in the ways of Mafia; specifically the terms you’re using that aren’t on the cheat sheet.  My gut tells me you were getting coached early game, and then got better at covering your tracks.

If you’re not in a faction (like a Mason  getting coached in a private QT, I didn’t know about Lovers or if they even get a QT), then you go back to my sus list for being potential scum, even though your posts after the lynch have been very Town, EXTREMELY town.  But maybe that’s how good you are at this. tom cruise movie review GIF

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Vote Smash

Anyone who has played with me knows how I feel about bussing people early in games. Based on the subject matter in this thread, this post is ridiculous, and anyone with a lick of common sense would see that by simply reading any of the interactions listed in this post claiming a buss attempt by me who made it clear exactly why I was voting PAC.

Reading this I really don't think you know how bussing actually works.  As an example an argument lasting for pages like the JIF/80 argument would be a better candidate for a buss attempt but based on the scenes that seems to be unlikely. So if you're saying I attempted a buss along with 2 very experienced players in PAC and Verbal it would go down as the weakest buss attempt in the history of Mafia.

If your going to make a case like this and want it to stick, post some proof, don't make a lazy ass attempt at a case and think people are going to just pile on because that's as scummy as it gets.

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Why not both?  An explanation - THEN a GFY. 

On Stark.

I point out we can use the vote on inactive Pac  to scum hunt.

Screenshot_20230119-231424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6d388098f6ae1e4ce0938db394ee75f2.jpg

Because Ape can't help but WIFOM himself into thinking he knows everyones motives at all times my straightforward attempt to scum hunt is taken as a "clumsy" attempt to frame Pac voters as shown below in the quoted section in Starks post below.

Screenshot_20230119-231237_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cbdb64f66114aaf4b7f1792f8de3f510.jpg

Ape states that he doesn't  think Pac would use the "real life" activity  of going to the movies to lay low as scum for some shucksy doodle  soirit and respect for the game bs reason then FOS's me.

Stark knowing Apes perceived clout can shift consensus off Pac and on to the "clumsy new scum"  votes me to see if he can get a train going  in my direction and hopes with my perceived erratic behavior I'll dig myself deeper into a hole.

A theory which led to a Stark ping for me... there were other comments that pinged as well but it seems i should tell you to ****ing look at Starks posts for yourself you ****ing **** because that's how mafia is played here. Read it re read and know what all scum and all townies are thinking at all times. Don't  talk it out with your perceived allies.

I have Smash and Crush ahead of him on my list but hes not far behind. There is no reason Pac should be cleared of suspicion and ape could just be playing the field and be a pied piper of doom.

I think jgb is town and just hit the wiki harder than anyone else has to date.

Lastly, GFY

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Anyone who has played with me knows how I feel about bussing people early in games. Based on the subject matter in this thread, this post is ridiculous, and anyone with a lick of common sense would see that by simply reading any of the interactions listed in this post claiming a buss attempt by me who made it clear exactly why I was voting PAC.

Reading this I really don't think you know how bussing actually works.  As an example an argument lasting for pages like the JIF/80 argument would be a better candidate for a buss attempt but based on the scenes that seems to be unlikely. So if you're saying I attempted a buss along with 2 very experienced players in PAC and Verbal it would go down as the weakest buss attempt in the history of Mafia.

If your going to make a case like this and want it to stick, post some proof, don't make a lazy ass attempt at a case and think people are going to just pile on because that's as scummy as it gets.

Hey ****head its mostly  Apes conjecture not mine. I'm just summing it up because Hal asked, which was probably a veiled attempt to see if I'm paying to attention to their constant  conjecture which they assume is fact. Take it up with Ape, He pinged you Verbal and Pac. 

Queue Ape saying aome s*** about you posting false meta cause you bussed JF80 D1 5 years. 

I dont really give a ****

You got a better case on someone go for it.

35 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Hey ****head its mostly  Apes conjecture not mine. I'm just summing it up. He pinged you Verbal and Pac. 

Queue Ape saying aome s*** about you posting false meta cause you bussed JF80 D1 5 years. 

You mean better than the non existent one on me ? heh 

APE claiming false meta is horsesh*t as well he comes after me every game or damn near every game and I would love for you to go research that to see who's full of sh*t. With that being said I'm not casing APE just making the usual observation which certainly does not make him scum nor me. Also he's in no way going to case me on that stupid sh*t anyhow so I'll leave at that.

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Hey ****head its mostly  Apes conjecture not mine. I'm just summing it up because Hal asked, which was probably a veiled attempt to see if I'm paying to attention to their constant  conjecture which they assume is fact. Take it up with Ape, He pinged you Verbal and Pac. 

Did you forget you made a post claiming APE's conjecture then voted me while doing exactly zero of your own casing ? You will always get questioned on that. I have no reason at all to debate any of the people you mentioned because you posted this crap then you voted me its really that simple. When you actually show me my so called buss attempts I will gladly respect them if they have any basis but if you can't come up with anything then maybe you should question your Simien friend. I notice you calling me a ****head and that's a clear sign you just got your ass kicked now run along and play with the other noobs, noob