Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

Just now, jgb said:

Consider: as a new player, if I were scum, I’d be coordinating with the other scum and no way in hell they’d let me run the queen’s gambit on day one of my first game.

It sounds like a huge departure from tradition to make you scum game 1.  

But there has been a crime.  Someone has to pay for it.  Maybe even the right person.  

9 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It sounds like a huge departure from tradition to make you scum game 1.  

But there has been a crime.  Someone has to pay for it.  Maybe even the right person.  

I'll vote to kill 80, Pac, or jgp... i just want blood day one for posterities sake.

Who must die?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who you choose will be valuable information for the rest of us. If you vote no one, doubly so.

I am an orphan and my parents made the right call.  

Everyone should be expected to work and pull their own weight from the age of 2 years old.

Everyone should also work and help lynch someone day 1.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who you choose will be valuable information for the rest of us. If you vote no one, doubly so.

Fox Tv GIF by AniDom

How about this @jgbyou make the call and I'll follow suit. I'll burn @Jetsfan80's life to the ground if it leads to a usable allegiance of the newbies.

Sorry 80 I'll wear your skull to keep you with me always.

We could use 80's experience to our advantage for a time scum or not and kill him later. 80, that's my half assed attempt to get you out of the noose ?

• Haha 2

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

I am an orphan and my parents made the right call.  

Everyone should be expected to work and pull their own weight from the age of 2 years old.

Everyone should also work and help lynch someone day 1.

It would be a good moment for the scum to get quiet and let the day pass. Townies unite!

• Haha 1

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Fox Tv GIF by AniDom

How about this @jgbyou make the call and I'll follow suit. I'll burn @Jetsfan80's life to the ground if it leads to a usable allegiance of the newbies.

Sorry 80 I'll wear your skull to keep you with me always.

We could use 80's experience to our advantage for a time scum or not and kill him later. 80, that's my half assed attempt to get you out of the noose ?

I cannot absolve you of responsibility to choose. You know who I am voting for and why.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

They shut it down a year or two ago I think. Not sure what Nolder set up for the scum team this game, where are you guys chatting?

Need to ask Max for his Google analytics. You can see what websites visitors exit to :D 

55 minutes ago, jgb said:

-He has been active all day in the thread. I set a trap for him. Of the very few of my posts he did not react or respond to were the three where I insinuate or directly suggest he is scum. The odds of this being a coincidence are very low.

Accusing someone of being scum isn't always gonna garner a response, especially not from me.  "U R scum."  "No, I'm not" is not exactly a productive discussion.  I assume EVERYONE is scum until they prove otherwise.  

46 minutes ago, jgb said:

Consider: as a new player, if I were scum, I’d be coordinating with the other scum and no way in hell they’d let me run the queen’s gambit on day one of my first game.

I didn't accuse you of being scum.  I noted that Greenseed's assertation that the newbies are very likely town was scummy.  Hence why my vote is on him, not you.  

I like this though.  New guy coming in hard with the heat right out of the gates!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Accusing someone of being scum isn't always gonna garner a response, especially not from me.  "U R scum."  "No, I'm not" is not exactly a productive discussion.  I assume EVERYONE is scum until they prove otherwise.  

I didn’t accuse. I insinuated obliquely. Not your nature to ignore those posts. I stand by my deduction.

I didn't accuse you of being scum.  I noted that Greenseed's assertation that the newbies are very likely town was scummy.  Hence why my vote is on him, not you.  

You did not accuse. You welcomed the discussion though to emphasize you not knowing who is scum — to set the impression that you just don’t know because you are town.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I didn’t accuse. I insinuated obliquely. Not your nature to ignore those posts. I stand by my deduction.

It is if you've played with me any length of time.  I get run up on D1 about as much as anyone.  It's not meaningful to me to try to have a discussion wherein I try to "prove" I'm town.

But while we're talking about it I'll ask about something I DO find meaningful.  I directly accused Greenseed of being scum, voted him for it, and provided my reasoning.  Any thoughts on my case?

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

You did not accuse. You welcomed the discussion though to emphasize you not knowing who is scum — to set the impression that you just don’t know because you are town.

I emphasized that assuming someone is town because of what you think the mod did is scummy.  "Gaming the mod" is frowned upon.  

3 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I don't think Nolder would sacrifice a game that already feels complex by giving a first-timer a scum role.  Which puts you and him in my town pile.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

BTW: this link helped me when I first got started: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

This is the shittiest thing I've seen in this game. Plenty of times newbies caught scum roles. unvote vote Greenpeen

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It is if you've played with me any length of time.  I get run up on D1 about as much as anyone.  It's not meaningful to me to try to have a discussion wherein I try to "prove" I'm town.

But while we're talking about it I'll ask about something I DO find meaningful.  I directly accused Greenseed of being scum, voted him for it, and provided my reasoning.  Any thoughts on my case?

Yes but I’m not sure if he made an error you are capitalizing on or if he is consciously playing WIFOM. If it’s as frowned upon as you say, perhaps a mod kill will take care of him anyway.

I find my case more supported thus I voted for you.

Just now, jgb said:

Yes but I’m not sure if he made an error you are capitalizing on or if he is consciously playing WIFOM.

I find my case more supported thus I voted for you.

Well that's why I voted him, because I think there's at least a chance its the latter.

Every player has about a 25 % chance of being scum based on typical setups.  Anything that suggests it could be closer to a 50/50 shot or better of being scum is worthy of a vote.  

You don't have to be certain about an alignment to place a vote, especially not on D1.  Clearly you're dug in on me currently so I have no doubts as to why you're voting me.  But regardless of whether you're right about me or not (you're wrong), there are multiple scum in this game we're hunting.

• Upvote 1

Well that's why I voted him, because I think there's at least a chance its the latter.

Every player has about a 25 % chance of being scum based on typical setups.  Anything that suggests it could be closer to a 50/50 shot or better of being scum is worthy of a vote.  

You don't have to be certain about an alignment to place a vote, especially not on D1.  Clearly you're dug in on me currently so I have no doubts as to why you're voting me.  But regardless of whether you're right about me or not (you're wrong), there are multiple scum in this game we're hunting.

No one is getting strung up today. Power roles can make things more clear shortly.

41 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Please, PLEASE do not consider me to be a Mafia mentor of any kind.  I just happen to be on the higher end of active players so I tend to be around to answer questions.  Take anything I say with a grain of salt, lol.

Just now, jgb said:

No one is getting strung up today. Power roles can make things more clear shortly.

Do you mean today as in "Thursday" or at some point during the D1 phase?

If you meant the latter:  Each day ends in a lynch, so yes, someone will get strung up.  If we don't come to a consensus vote by the deadline (none is established yet, but I imagine there will be one, and potentially an inconvenient one that occurs over the weekend because its Nolder, lol) its up to the Mod's discretion of what happens next.  Either a random player dies or the highest vote-getter at the time dies.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG a straight up "gotcha" post on day 1? JGB is a keeper. Lawyers make mafia delicious. I don't agree with just about all of this post but going to rub one out to it before I go to bed tonight!  Maybe two!!

This rookie class is bloodthirsty and active.  I love it.  

• Upvote 1